#shayeveryday2014 Weeks 4 & 5 plus some answers to questions!

Because last week was so crazy, I didn’t post my #shayeveryday2014 pics on the blog…today, you get a double-dose!  Plus, I’m also answering a few questions at the bottom of the post about the wedding.
Here we go…
Day 22: The life of a kid whose parents are building a house.  Lots of waiting at random places. We are all working on our patience…

Day 23: Sean and Catherine gave the kiddos these shirts to wear when they asked them to be in the wedding.  I thought their last day of school before leaving for California was the perfect opportunity to show them off!

Day 24: We’re going to California!!

Day 25: Rehearsing for that crazy live TV wedding with my hubby…love him.

Day 26: My little brother is married!!

Day 27: Just keepin’ it real…after the crazy big wedding, we were up at 5:30…the shuttle bus departed our hotel 30 minutes late, we were stuck in LA traffic for 3 hours, I got motion sick and puked in a moving shuttle bus and we almost missed our flight.  Long day.

Day 28: That time I showed up at my friend’s house to discuss the Bachelor wedding…and wore my bridesmaid dress :).

Day 29: Love these two crazy faces!

Day 30: Cuddles in the car before going into school.  We needed this cuddle time because Kensington had been crying all morning…about nothing.  Seriously…nothing.  At all.  Just crying.  Little girls.

Day 31: While Kensington was at a play date, Smith and I ran a few errands and stopped for pizza.  Loved this precious time with my boy!

Day 32: We ended our cold Saturday with (another) round of Frozen!
  Anyone else singing Let it Go constantly at their house?

Day 33: Smith was all geared up for the Super Bowl!  Oddly enough…I think the Broncos were in this same position just minutes before the game started.  And then during the game.

Day 34: What I need to survive a Monday…coffee and chocolate.

Day 35: Happy Tuesday!  It was a cold and rainy one!
You can keep up with me every day in 2014 on Instagram @mixandmatchmama or find me here too…
Find me on Twitter here.
Find me on Face Book here.
Find me on Pinterest here
Find me on Instagram here.

I received so many sweet comments from my two wedding posts and several questions as well.  I don’t have time to answer all of the questions but I thought (since this post had a lot of wedding in it) I could answer a few here…

1. What did you do during commercial breaks at the live wedding?
The two cellist played music during the commercial breaks and we all sat and listened just like at a “normal” wedding.  The entire service was very respectful.  We didn’t get up and move around, no one had their makeup touched up and the director didn’t come forward.  We all just sat quietly and listened until the service started again.

2. What does grown sexy mean?
I don’t know?  Sophisticated, maybe?  Maybe I’m not hip enough to know that lingo!  Whatever it means, I think it translates into beautiful wedding…because that’s what we got!

3. How were we treated by the Bachelor staff?
They were so nice (as always!)!  We really had a normal destination wedding experience.  Everyone was so friendly and helpful…perfect.

4. Why didn’t I take more pictures of the bride and groom?
Because it was a normal wedding and I don’t normally stalk the bride and groom for pictures.  I was having a great time enjoying our family and friends and they were having a great time making the rounds with their guests.  I know some of you wanted 100 pictures of them…but I was really focusing on enjoying my little brother’s wedding and not so much on taking a million pictures of the two “celebrities”.  I tried to take as many with them as I could without being that annoying sister who followed them around all night.

5. What did I think of the honeymoon talk?
I had one reader comment that she watched the wedding with her 3 teenage daughters and the honeymoon/suite cam stuff made her uncomfortable.  Here’s the thing…married sex is awesome.  I highly recommend that married people have sex.  Yes, I think they focused too much on that aspect (them waiting until marriage to have sex) because there is so much more to their relationship than that one thing…but they did…and there isn’t anything we can do about it.

I will be proud to show this to my kids and explain to them that Uncle Sean and Aunt Catherine went against the norm and waited to have sex until they were married.  I actually think it was the perfect opportunity for parents to explain waiting and abstinence to their tweens and teens.  That being said, there was a lot of footage that was filmed of them that didn’t get aired and I’m bummed about that.  These two are way more interesting than just the sex stuff.

Again, thank you so much for all of the sweet emails and comments!  We just love you all!

On my foodie blog today…Strawberry Nutella Pies for Two

…the perfect little dessert to make for your Valentine.

XOXO

• Love Being A Nonny February 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

Perfect answers to (nosy) questions!

• MorganizewithMe February 6, 2014 at 10:54 am

Shay, I love how you are so polite, respectful and humble. You have handled everything beautifully. I asked my husband to watch the wedding with me, just for him to see your family. I told him I want to be like Shay's parents now and when our kids are grown! You all do a wonderful job of shining bright with love.
    Carry on sister! xoxo

• Aubrey February 6, 2014 at 11:17 am

Kensington can come over and belt out Let It Go and/or cry with my girls about nothing any day she feels like it. I promise we will keep the potty mouth to a minimum. 😉

• Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} February 6, 2014 at 11:20 am

GREAT ANSWERS to the questions! And even though I have seen all your pics on ig already, I never get tired of seeing them all collected here on Shay Everyday! Love it! Heading over to check out those cute little pies right now!

• Bethany D. February 6, 2014 at 11:24 am

You are so awesome for answering all the questions! I love keeping up with you on Instagram and enjoy all your blog posts as well!

• Jennifer February 6, 2014 at 11:49 am

Seriously LOLed when you said you don't normally stalk the bride and groom at weddings. I mean, I don't know why not. 🙂

• lisamcmil February 6, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Let it go is on repeat all day everyday! Our area is now doing a sing along showing at the theatre where they just play the songs and let all the kids belt them out together. Parents should probably wear ear plugs but it's really cute for the kids

• Kelly February 6, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Hi Shay! I have been reading your blog for awhile now and this is my first comment : ) GREAT answers… Loved both your posts about the wedding. Also, I am a fairly new mommy and your blog is so encouraging to me! So glad I found it!

• Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com February 6, 2014 at 1:39 pm

With all the Bachelor talk and your anticipation of bringing home Ashby, I sometimes forget yall are in the middle of building a house!! Any idea on when you will be moving in? I hope it's going well!

• Sue February 6, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I agree with "Nonny"- great answers to nosy questions! You are lovely and I love your blog. Keep up the great work! 🙂

• Liz/happymommy February 6, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Just have to tell you how sweet and kind I think you are, truly you really are! I can only imagine the questions and emails you get about Sean and Catherine and I just adore how you have handled everything from day one of all of this! I so enjoy your blog and just adore you and your sweet family!

• dresselfamily.blogspot.com February 6, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I love that Catherine and sean waited.. I did too, and there is something so special about knowing you and your spouse waited for each other. I think they went a little overboard on the editing of it.. but poor sean I totally cringed with the whole lingerie clip, and the ' easy access' I am with Shaeffer on this one, I wad dying and then I died… hahaha… but it was a beautiful wedding, and the best part..hands down……. when sean just bawled after they walked out of the ceremony as man and wife.. beautiful..

oh I have a question.. did Catherine walk down the isle to Michael jacksons human nature? is there a story behind that??

• Rebecca Jo February 6, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Love the answers to all the questions.

My mom just watched the wedding last night & said, "That flower girl was the cutest little thing I've ever seen"… to which I had to act like we were friends. "Oh mom, don't you know who that flower girl is?" haha! You have a little princess 🙂

• Slightly Askew Designs February 6, 2014 at 4:05 pm

LOVED your responses!!! I remember my youth pastor giving us the "abstinence" talk in middle school and starting off with "SEX IS AWESOME… in the context of marriage". Totally reminded me of that talk and I agree – it was a great opportune moment for parents to talk with their teenage kids.

• Colleen Sullivan February 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Well put! You're so sweet, Shay!

• Tiffany {A Touch of Grace} February 6, 2014 at 4:37 pm

My daughter sings Let it Go all the time. Especially in her crib when it's time to go to sleep. That's her favorite time to sing at the top of her lungs. And Do You Want to Build a Snowman. Every day. Her dolls are always asking each other if they want to build a snowman. 🙂

• Sara Laverty February 6, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Shay, you are so gracious! Your answers to the questions were so graceful. 🙂 And I'm glad you were able to enjoy your little brother's wedding as a normal sister would! It was a treat to get to see some behind the scenes details, and for that we are so appreciative.

Also, your recipes are fantastic. Just have to say it. You've helped me not fall into the winter rut after the holidays with your new ideas. 🙂

• Anonymous February 6, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Wow! There aren't many couples these days that are both virgins! Good for them for both waiting until they were married to have sex. What a GREAT example for your children as well as all of America! Beautiful couple!!!

• Cathy's World February 6, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Hi Shay, I don't comment but I read everyday. I think your kiddos are beautiful and I love your dad. 🙂 The wedding was beautiful. It actually brought a tear to my husbands eyes. He won't admit that, but, your dad really got to him. As far as the footage on the honeymoon and the fact that they waited was a perfect time for that mom who felt uncomfortable to talk to her teens about that part of the show. I can assure her that she most likely will not get that chance again. How beautiful is it that they waited. Our world is so messed up and we rarely see anything like that on TV. I ,for one, would have taken that time to stress how important and how wonderful it was. I love your blog and the love that you all have for Jesus.

Have a great day,
    Cathy

• Jennifer Cannon February 6, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Great answers to obvious questions Shay!
    Bless your heart.

Love all the sweet pictures!
    xoxo jen

• Lisa { Showered With Design } February 6, 2014 at 6:03 pm

So cute! I loved watching the wedding, so beautiful!
    I have a wedding series on my blog I just started! I'd love to feature you if you're interested! xoxo

Lisa @ Showered With Design

• Anonymous February 6, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Who would have ever thought that two people that have never had sex before in their lives would meet on The Bachelor of all places?!?! They are such a good example for us all. Love them!!! :

• kristinwithani February 6, 2014 at 8:15 pm

As always, well said. You always handle questions so well!
    You are a good sister/SIL/friend to Sean and Catherine. Your little brother is married!!!

• Sarah C February 6, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Thanks for sharing your everyday life with us Shay! You have a beautiful family!! I love you and your blog!!

• The Cantelmo Family February 6, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Agreed on all the sex stuff! The producers were the ones that really played into all that and it's sad that people gave them such a hard time about waiting until you're married. You're right. What a great opportunity to share with our kids about what God wants for us and them!

• Chic Coastal Living February 6, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Great recap! I really enjoyed the wedding!

• Anonymous February 6, 2014 at 10:19 pm

The media had really made it sound like both Sean and Catherine had both had sex before…just not with each other. After reading your post, it's neat to know that they both waited to ever have sex with anyone until they were married. That is rare these days! Hope they have a long and happy marriage! Beautiful wedding!

• Hayley Chandler February 6, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I agree they might have taken it a little too far, but I am so glad that America got to see that two people can actually wait until marriage for sex. We certainly don't get near enough of that!!! What a great example your brother and sis-in-law are!

• Lobster Meets Peach February 7, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I have never watched the Bachelor or Bachelorette – ever! I honest have no idea how I "found" you on Instagram but I love your daily pics and now I love your blog.

You are so good to answer all of these questions that I am not sure people should be asking. God bless you for having such a patient heart.

• Christy {SparklesandSpinach} February 7, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Awww, love all these pics! You are seriously such a gorgeous family!!! And you looked so beautiful at Sean's Wedding! I didn't watch it, but from what I saw in pics, it was truly lovely. I hope you have a great weekend =)

• Loni "The Healthie Foodie" February 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I understand why the show made a big deal about them withholding from sex before marriage – it is b/c in society today that is rare. Part of me was glad that they did to show that it is possible to wait and waiting makes marriage so much more special and it holds the sanctity of marriage to a higher level. But the other part of me was annoyed because that was not the purpose of their relationship. For me waiting is the clear and obvious decision and I'd want to focus on other things. But I am glad that Sean and Catherine were open with it to help "spread awareness" of the old fashioned way and IMO right way of doing things. I hope we get to see more pictures of you w/ your brother soon. Maybe you could do a post of "Shay and Catherine Everyday" The life of new sister-in-laws! She is your first sis-in-law? Does Andrew have any sisters/or brothers that are married? I thought it was so ironic that Sean planned his wedding on the one week that there was no football…LOL I am sure Andrew was happy about that too…Marriage is important but not as important as football, right? LOL just kidding…I love ur family posts! Keep 'em coming!

• Mix and Match Mama February 9, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I do have another sister-in-law and a niece and nephew that I adore! However, for privacy reasons, they are not featured on my blog very often. This is place to talk about my little family of 4 (almost 5)…when other people enter in and out of our lives, they will be mentioned but I don't feel it's my place to post about others…that's for them to do. This is about my family. You will see pics of my family when appropriate but this won't become a place to document their life together.

• Amy Lynn February 9, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Loved your last response on the comment board– about how this blog is about your family of 4 (5) and you'll mention family (S&C) as appropriate, but this is not a Sean and Catherine insider blog to document things that people (very nosy people) want to know about them. Makes perfect sense. I am sure it's nice to have "fans" but there are a good amount of people who are borderline obsessive and act like they really truly know Bachelor people…to the point of even sending them wedding gifts? I'm sorry..but that's weird. Thanks for putting things into perspective.