Bar 62: Pumpkin Butterscotch Neiman Marcus Bars

My two favorite ingredients in one bar.  Heaven on a plate.
If you’re looking for a new twist on pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving…you should give these bars a try.  You could even add a dollop of whipped cream on top to give it that extra fancy look.
Pumpkin.
Butterscotch.
Bars.
Enough said?
Shopping List
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small (3 oz) box of butterscotch pudding mix (do not prepare)
4 eggs
1 stick melted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease (I used Pam) a 9×13 baking dish.
In a bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, 2 eggs and melted butter  Spread batter in bottom of pan.
In a second bowl, beat with electric mixer, powdered sugar, 2 more eggs, cream cheese, pumpkin and  tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice until smooth.  Stir in butterscotch chips. Spread on top of crust mixture.
Bake 35-40 minutes until edges are brown and center set (it will still be slightly wobbly in the middle).
Cool on counter 30 minutes, then refrigerate 2 hours up to 2 days.

I hope you try these this holiday season!  Your family will love them (mine sure did!!).

Print Friendly
  • Allie Zigdon October 26, 2014 at 12:55 pm

This. Looks. Amazing.
    I need it in my life right now!

• Joanne V October 26, 2014 at 8:37 pm

These bars look so good!! I love the pumpkin and butterscotch flavors together.

• Teresa Ambra October 27, 2014 at 12:49 am

I think you've hit a home run with this recipe. Looks so rich and decadent.

• Claire Voss October 27, 2014 at 12:59 am

Yum! This looks like the perfect fall sweet treat! I'm sure it will be a favorite.Thanks for sharing.:)

• Robyn October 27, 2014 at 2:30 am

These look so amazing!!! Pumpkin and butterscotch sound UNREAL together!

• Anonymous November 19, 2014 at 3:20 am

I made these for teacher treats from my daughter's middle school cheerleaders. They were a HUGE hit!!! That day three people asked for the recipe and days later my daughter said all of the teachers were talking about them and wanted the recipe!!! I also made your sweet corn chili tonight and plan to make it for their cheerleader Christmas party. I'm sure it will be a hit, it was delicious! Thank you!:)