I am doing my May Goals today because Sheaffer and I are kicking off our Mother of All Giveaways Week RIGHT NOW.
We’re starting our fun week with a Barrington Bag giveaway for you and one for your favorite mama (it can be your mama, your best girlfriend, your sister…just any mama!).
Enter the Rafflecopter below and a winner will be selected and announced THIS FRIDAY morning! One winner will receive a St. Anne tote for her and one for her favorite mama.
You can personalize these fun bags any way you like! I have two St. Anne totes that I carry with me all the time. These bags are great to use instead of a purse, as diaper bags, as gym bags, as office bags…they’re really great! I’ve been using one as a gym bag lately and it works like a charm. And I’m going to use my other one as a pool bag this summer too!
Sheaffer and I had been busy working on our giveaway when the sweet people at Barrington sent us each a new tote for summer…so, I reached out and asked if they would give one to a reader of ours and they said no…they would give two :). Thank you Barrington!
If you’re thinking about Mother’s Day gifts, right now Barrington is offering a 10% off code for our readers.
All orders received before April 27 will be shipped out in time for Mother’s Day. This would make such a special gift for the mamas in your life :).
We just love celebrating mamas around here! Just wait…more fun coming your way as we celebrate THE MOTHER OF ALL GIVEAWAYS WEEK! (HUGE prizes ahead!!)
Okay, time for May Goals…but before we get to May…here’s a recap with April…
1. Spring Clean: Well, I think I’ve purged everything but our dreaded play room. I’ve kind of resigned myself to the fact that as long as I have young children, my house will be overrun with little plastic toys. I went through and cleaned out the kids’ closets and drawers along with mine…but I still need to tackle that darn play room. I don’t know about you, but my kids are like this…
…this makes me laugh because it’s so true :).
2. Clean up yard and patio: Done! I’m going to give Andrew like 99% of the credit for this…but it’s done, so that’s all that matters, right? We pulled our patio furniture and pillows back out, we added more mulch, we cleaned up the tables and washed our cushions…it’s ready for outdoor living!
3. Buy swimsuits: This has been harder than usual this year! My kiddos start swim lessons on Tuesday, so they need some swimsuits but for some reason, it hasn’t been as easy this year as in years past. Smith is all taken care of but the girls still need a few. Let’s all stop and say a prayer for Ashby next week…she loves the tub…but who knows what she’s going to think about the swimming pool…
4. Run outside: Instead of going to the gym on Fridays this month, I’ve been running outside instead. Our weather in the mornings has been perfect for outdoor exercising. I’ve been walking Kensington to school and then running after…it has been so nice to be outside!
5. Watch baseball: The Red Sox are back in business….and I haven’t missed a game! I love, love, love baseball season!!
That’s April…here is May… I stuck them on my computer screen this month so that I don’t forget any :).
1. Plant a Veggie Garden: I really want to grow some veggies in our backyard. I bought a book on vegetable growing and asked some of my gardener friends, but I would LOVE any tips you have too! I’ve grown vegetables in pots before but never in an actual bed…so there is a lot of room for error here, tips appreciated!! (And just so you know…I live in a very dry and hot climate…so, I need to be able to grow things that thrive in the sun and without a ton of water.)
2. Find a great sunscreen: I need a great waterproof sunscreen for myself and the kiddos this time of year when we’re hanging around the pool all day, every day. Any suggestions? Last year, I bought a brand that even after a good shower, still wouldn’t come off…so, this year, I need a better one. If you prefer a separate one for the face, I’d like to know what that is too! Help!
3. Get pool bag and summer toys and stuff out: I keep a great big pool bag loaded and ready to go in the closet by the back door all summer long. This way, when we’re walking out the door, I just grab it and go. (I’ve posted about my pool bag here.) At the end of each summer, I empty it out, clean it out and pack it away. So now, I need to get it out and stock it for summer. I also need to get the summer yard toys and such down and out for the kids to use outside.
4. Enjoy my last month with Smith: My boy is registered for kindergarten now (insert me sobbing here). Next month, Kensington will be out for summer break, so I really need to soak up my Smith time. It’s so hard to believe that my baby boy is about to go to school. I’m going to sneak in as many hugs, cuddles and kisses as I can this month (and I’m going to try and do some activities during the day that he really enjoys!).
5. Get all camps scheduled: My kiddos love tennis camp and this year, basketball camp. We’ve done Vacation Bible School in the past too, so I need to figure out if we’re going to do that again or not. I don’t like them to be too busy but they enjoy a little activity throughout their summer, so I need to get all of that on the calendar and booked.
6. Have fun in Boston: This isn’t really a goal…it’s just something that makes me happy. This month, I’m heading to Boston to see my Sox play two games…I am so excited!!
There you have it! A little May on April 22nd!
Dinner on the foodie blog tonight is something so simple and easy that your family should eat tonight!