Happy Tuesday! It’s time for Show & Tell!
Twice a month, we all link up with Andrea and show & tell ya something.
Today, we’re sharing the way to our heart.
Ohhhh…it’s almost Valentine’s Day and love is in the air!
Speaking of which…did you guys watch The Bachelor last night? I cannot wait until Sheaffer’s recap tomorrow! Eeks! So. Much. Drama. In. Two. Hours. Of. TV. Sí?
I would say that this show is insane and totally void of any real love and romance…except for…
…this tells my heart otherwise :).
So, it’s all about the way to our heart today. To be fair, there are many ways to my heart. For instance, my dad calling to talk about the Sox on a daily basis is one way, my mom calling to say that she’s coming over to take Ashby to lunch so I can catch up on some work is one way, a friend bringing me a piece of pie from our favorite pie shop is one way, another friend leaving a book on my porch to read is one way, hugs and kisses from my kiddos is one way…I mean, there are many ways to my heart. I’m a sucker for the ones I love :).
Since it’s almost Valentine’s Day and all, I’m going to focus on how this guy…
…knows the way to my heart. #anditaintflowers
In March, we’ll celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary (how can that be when I’m only 25???) and he knows the way to my heart.
Since it’s almost been 12 years, here are 12 little things that Andrew Shull does that go straight to my heart…
1. He’ll randomly bring me coffee. I mean…a random afternoon at home and all of a sudden, he appears out of nowhere holding Starbucks for me…oh my heart.
2. He knows what to order me at Starbucks and never messes it up. That’s another way to my heart ;).
3. He makes sure our kids are bathed and gets them ready for bed every night because he knows, that’s just not my favorite thing to do. By the end of the day, I’m beat and the fact that he’s up there wrangling three kids into and out of showers and pjs makes my day.
4. He is so sweet to my parents.
5. He watches Real Housewives with me because he knows I really want to watch them and he really doesn’t want to be in the other room.
6. He makes us pancakes every Saturday morning.
7. He lets me plan vacations four years in advance and listens to me yammer on incessantly about a trip we’re not taking anytime soon.
8. He is so sweet to my grandparents.
9. We don’t exchange gifts at holidays, but sometimes on a random day, he’ll bring me a gift. The other day, at 4:20 AM, I walked into my office and there was a package just sitting on my desk. I would much rather get a surprise gift than an expected holiday gift.
10. He’s a cuddler.
11. Watching him be a dad to our kids is the best way to my heart.
12. He loves Standards as much as I do (Sinatra, Fitzgerald, Martin…songs from that generation).
I’ve shared this story before, but one night after a K-State game, Andrew was driving me back to the hotel where I was staying after the game and he asked me what my favorite kind of music was…well, I didn’t want to lie to him, so I told him the truth but prefaced it with the fact that I was only 20 but a really old soul. I told him my favorite music was Frank Sinatra…and at that moment, he flipped down the visor in his truck where he kept his CDs in one of those CD case things and pulled out a Sinatra CD.
Y’all…I knew right then.
At that point, we really had just met and were barely acquaintances…but walking into that hotel that night and heading up to my room, I knew I was going to marry him. I really knew it in my heart. A 21 year old football playing guy with a Sinatra CD in his truck…that was the way to my heart. Eight months later, he proposed.
So, that’s the way to my heart.
What’s the way to your heart? Comment below! I can’t wait to read through the link ups today!
Click below to see all of the posts from this year:
Next time on Show & Tell Tuesday we share our favorite Pinterest pins. And to see upcoming topics, look below…
Now, on my foodie blog today, I’m getting ready for Valentine’s Day…
You need these.
Happy Tuesday friends!