Show & Tell Tuesday: The Way to My Heart.

Happy Tuesday!  It’s time for Show & Tell!
Twice a month, we all link up with Andrea and show & tell ya something.
Today, we’re sharing the way to our heart.
Ohhhh…it’s almost Valentine’s Day and love is in the air!
Speaking of which…did you guys watch The Bachelor last night?  I cannot wait until Sheaffer’s recap tomorrow!  Eeks!  So. Much. Drama. In. Two. Hours. Of. TV. Sรญ?
I would say that this show is insane and totally void of any real love and romance…except for…
…this tells my heart otherwise :).
So, it’s all about the way to our heart today.  To be fair, there are many ways to my heart.  For instance, my dad calling to talk about the Sox on a daily basis is one way, my mom calling to say that she’s coming over to take Ashby to lunch so I can catch up on some work is one way, a friend bringing me a piece of pie from our favorite pie shop is one way, another friend leaving a book on my porch to read is one way, hugs and kisses from my kiddos is one way…I mean, there are many ways to my heart.  I’m a sucker for the ones I love :).
Since it’s almost Valentine’s Day and all, I’m going to focus on how this guy…
…knows the way to my heart. #anditaintflowers
In March, we’ll celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary (how can that be when I’m only 25???) and he knows the way to my heart.
Since it’s almost been 12 years, here are 12 little things that Andrew Shull does that go straight to my heart…
1. He’ll randomly bring me coffee.  I mean…a random afternoon at home and all of a sudden, he appears out of nowhere holding Starbucks for me…oh my heart.
2. He knows what to order me at Starbucks and never messes it up.  That’s another way to my heart ;).
3. He makes sure our kids are bathed and gets them ready for bed every night because he knows, that’s just not my favorite thing to do.  By the end of the day, I’m beat and the fact that he’s up there wrangling three kids into and out of showers and pjs makes my day.
4. He is so sweet to my parents.
5. He watches Real Housewives with me because he knows I really want to watch them and he really doesn’t want to be in the other room.
6. He makes us pancakes every Saturday morning.
7.  He lets me plan vacations four years in advance and listens to me yammer on incessantly about a trip we’re not taking anytime soon.
8. He is so sweet to my grandparents.
9. We don’t exchange gifts at holidays, but sometimes on a random day, he’ll bring me a gift.  The other day, at 4:20 AM, I walked into my office and there was a package just sitting on my desk.  I would much rather get a surprise gift than an expected holiday gift.
10. He’s a cuddler.
11. Watching him be a dad to our kids is the best way to my heart.
12. He loves Standards as much as I do (Sinatra, Fitzgerald, Martin…songs from that generation).
 I’ve shared this story before, but one night after a K-State game, Andrew was driving me back to the hotel where I was staying after the game and he asked me what my favorite kind of music was…well, I didn’t want to lie to him, so I told him the truth but prefaced it with the fact that I was only 20 but a really old soul.  I told him my favorite music was Frank Sinatra…and at that moment, he flipped down the visor in his truck where he kept his CDs in one of those CD case things and pulled out a Sinatra CD.
Y’all…I knew right then.
At that point, we really had just met and were barely acquaintances…but walking into that hotel that night and heading up to my room, I knew I was going to marry him.  I really knew it in my heart.  A 21 year old football playing guy with a Sinatra CD in his truck…that was the way to my heart.  Eight months later, he proposed.
So, that’s the way to my heart.
What’s the way to your heart?  Comment below!  I can’t wait to read through the link ups today!
Click below to see all of the posts from this year:
If you missed it in 2015, you can see those posts here.
Next time on Show & Tell Tuesday we share our favorite Pinterest pins.  And to see upcoming topics, look below…
Now, on my foodie blog today, I’m getting ready for Valentine’s Day…

You need these.
#nutellaloversunite
Happy Tuesday friends!
Print Friendly
  • Erika Slaughter February 2, 2016 at 11:03 am

Girl!!! A gift at 4:20? Now that could get me up out of bed. Haha!!

• Nicole February 2, 2016 at 11:22 am

In the years with little ones, our date night looks a whole lot like Netflix and brownies ๐Ÿ˜‰ But we look forward to this time every night! We just ended Friday Night Lights. What should we watch next? ๐Ÿ™‚

And I'm pretty sure the way to my heart will always be a delivered with love, spontaneous Starbucks. Always. What is your favorite right now? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Big Changes: Same God February 2, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Parenthood! It will wreck you in a good way?

• Nicole February 2, 2016 at 4:37 pm

We watched that one too! We've finished Revenge, Scandal, Parenthood, and Friday Night Lights. Got any more suggestions? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mary Keith February 2, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Making a Murderer, The West Wing, Doc Martin, House of Cards, The Office, Broadchurch!

• Nicole February 2, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Ooh! Thanks!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rachel Dean February 2, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Gilmore Girls!! ๐Ÿ™‚ you will love it and despite the title, it's def not just for girls!

• kelly February 2, 2016 at 11:25 am

Love this! That truck story tells it all! So cute โ™กโ™กโ™ก

• Narci February 2, 2016 at 11:28 am

Aw! Such a sweet post!! Taking care of bathe time is so huge, and I love that story about y'all both loving Frank Sinatra! So fun! Xoxo

• Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} February 2, 2016 at 11:51 am

So I know this is going to sound like I'm just being funny….but I'm not. Vacuuming. PITTER PATTER.

• ari February 2, 2016 at 12:20 pm

You guys are so winderful together! That is so sweet and he seems like such a GREAT guy!!!! AND….hes pretty handsome!!!? C'mon ladies…you're all thinking it!!??

• Aubrey February 2, 2016 at 12:36 pm

So wonderful! I'm a sucker for a sweet story with a happy ending!

• Haley Southey February 2, 2016 at 12:37 pm

ah, so so sweet!!! LOVE that story! Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble radio are by far the best! (ways to my heart too!) I would also have to say random sweet notes, a clean car, and chocolate. I'm a fan of flowers too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Meagan Ruse February 2, 2016 at 12:50 pm

So romantic!

• Melinda February 2, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I love this list! It is so sweet! I love that you appreciate the small things! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mama Of Boys February 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

That's adorable, and what a nice list of little things he does that show he cares so deeply. My Husband couldn't order me the right Starbucks if his life depended on it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Megan February 2, 2016 at 2:16 pm

This is the sweetest post ever. I loved reading it!! You can just feel the love.

• Laura February 2, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Very sweet list. You sure found a rare man to watch the Housewives with you ๐Ÿ™‚

Crazy how much your opinion of the Bachelor has changed! I guess the longer you watch it, the more you start to catch on haha.

• Angela Ellingson February 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Swoon! I love this post! What a great list. I love Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble as well!

• live compassionately February 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm

I love Sinatra too! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, two words: Nutella. Cupcakes.

• Leigh (Balancing By Faith) February 2, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Sweet!! The kindness to your parents and grandparents would send me over the top too — kindness goes a LONG way!!

• JJaz February 2, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Such a sweet list. Andrew is a keeper! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld February 2, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Any man who listens to Sinatra is definitely a keeper! My favorite music of all!

• Elise @ Her Heart and Home February 2, 2016 at 6:19 pm

This is the sweetest! Loved learning more about y'all through this post. God is good! xx

• Dana February 2, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I still remember from your blog where Andrew took your grandmother to the Yankees game. I thought that was so sweet!!

• Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living February 2, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Now that's the sweetest story! And those cupcakes look delicious!! XO

• Vanessa Piot February 2, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Coffeeeee…all the way!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Elizabeth Birenbaum February 2, 2016 at 11:58 pm

I would TOTALLY always rather have a random gift on a random day that one on a day when you're "supposed to" give a gift. I totally agree!

• Michelle Mills February 3, 2016 at 12:00 am

My guy does the coffee thing too. It's something we have recently come to enjoy together. Planning a whole weekend away or date night and just saying "we are doing ______ this time, be ready at _____." He knows that as a busy mom, I am less likely to make the time for that because I stress over the details of leaving my girls. I love the little things where I know he had to pay attention to little details to know the information. OH. MY. Love it!

• Lauren Boswell February 3, 2016 at 1:32 am

Your Sinatra story is my favorite!!
    Surprise gifts and coffee is always the nest way to a gals hearts!
    Lauren {learningtolovehome.blogspot.com}

• klmoore23 February 3, 2016 at 4:00 am

Okay…2 things. Can we please clone your husband???!!! And secondly…you two need to write a book. You're just WAY to cute!