Show & Tell Tuesday: My Tribe

My Tribe

Oh my goodness!  What a weekend we had!

Today, I’m linking up with Andrea for her bi-monthly Show & Tell Tuesday.  These are always some of my favorite posts and today’s topic couldn’t be more appropriate considering the weekend we just had.

Girlfriends3

Originally, I was going to talk about my friends…but after our weekend, I thought I’d talk about my peeps instead.  And by peeps…I mean those crazy people who I’m related to.  That being said, a few years ago, I did a post on my friendships and you can read all about that HERE.

So, over the weekend, a new baby came into our family…and as much as I would love to share all of the details, info and a ton of pictures, it’s simply not my story to tell.  Later on, after the mama and daddy have shared their story, I will fill you in with some behind the scene pics and such from Aunt Shay’s perspective.  But all of that being said…as I sat there this weekend, in the middle of the night, with my entire side of the family (plus Cat’s too!)…all 17 of my family members (minus 2 who were busy in the L&D room…), I must say, that I sat there among my tribe.  And I love my tribe.

IMG_7284

IMG_9332

IMG_2881

IMG_5737

IMG_2673

IMG_2887

IMG_7369

IMG_3254

Now, don’t get me wrong.  My tribe has seen many good days but its share of bad days too.  Like many of your families, we’ve dealt with sadness, anger, divorce, cancer, loss of job, heartbreak and discouragement like you wouldn’t believe.  And even though we’ve all sat together in hospital waiting rooms excited and happy…we’ve also all sat together in hospital waiting rooms as the people we loved the most were dying.  We’ve seen the good and the bad.  Together.

So, maybe it was the lack of sleep.  (Did I mention we all stayed up over 24 hours together this weekend?  And at one point, we all slept in our cars.)  Or the nostalgia of adding a 20th to our tribe (with a 21st coming this August via my cousin Brooke!), but as I sat there in the middle of the night and read Sophie Hudson’s newest book, Giddy Up, Eunice, this passage stuck out to me, “If we let ourselves get sidetracked by pettiness or heaven forbid, some good old-fashioned paranoia, we may miss the wonder of seeing how intricately the Lord has woven our stories together, how intentionally He has intersected our paths, and how beautifully our callings complement each other.”

Now, Sophie is referring to girlfriends in this passage…but as for me this Tuesday, I just can’t stop thinking about my family.  My tribe.

IMG_4813

We’re all so in love with new baby Samuel.  What a blessed weekend our family has had!

“Now, I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.” 1 Samuel 1:28

Next time on Show & Tell Tuesday, it’s a home tour!

And if you missed posts from the past, you can see all of 2015’s Show & Tell Tuesdays HERE and so far this year:

Intro & Resolutions

My Momfessionals

The Way to My Heart

My Favorite Pins

My Hometown(s)

My Mixed Tape

A Day in the Life…

My Personal Style

Favorite Vacation Ever

And to see what’s coming up this year…

Show and Tell Tuesday 2016

Happy Tuesday friends!

• Regine Karpel July 5, 2016 at 5:54 am

Love.

• Sheaffer Sims July 5, 2016 at 6:54 am

What a sweet post about your family! I love how you all were all at the hospital ALL NIGHT LONG. Not many families would do that!

• Kara Smith July 5, 2016 at 7:11 am

Oh I’m so excited for your family! And I love that I’m an official member of your friend tribe. Love you!

• Narci Dreffs July 5, 2016 at 7:12 am

Well, I love this and you!! So happy to have you in my tribe, friend! Love that way that you are your family love each other! So special!

• Lindsay July 5, 2016 at 7:19 am

You have such a beautiful family inside and out. Thank you for sharing! You truly make my mornings with your posts.

• Tara G. July 5, 2016 at 7:33 am

We are pretty partial to that name in our house. May this much loved baby boy be quick to hear God’s voice from an early age and may he listen with the intention to obey all the days of his life. Blessings!

• Dana R. July 5, 2016 at 7:36 am

Congrats on the new addition to your family!!

• Lana July 5, 2016 at 8:02 am

Classy, as always! 🙂 PS, MY family is grateful to you, as I tried out your red, white, & blue trifle this weekend, and needless to say, it was a hit! Congratulations to you and your family–being an aunt is a lot of fun!

• Erika Slaughter July 5, 2016 at 8:12 am

What a sweet post about your family!! That little guy is CUTE! Baby Samuel just entered an awesome tribe. 🙂

• Sara Fehrenbacher July 5, 2016 at 8:21 am

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I’m glad you didn’t share pics/birthing story info right away. It’s always sad when people begin announcing things like that before the parents get to do so themselves.

• Angela Ellingson July 5, 2016 at 8:25 am

Congratulations auntie Shay! You are a blessed woman to have such an amazing family. My husband and I are raising our children with a goal of being that close knit and full of love.

• Darcy Sexson July 5, 2016 at 8:50 am

What a lovely post. Congratulations to your family – I bet Samuel is quite a handsome baby! 🙂

• Leigh Clark July 5, 2016 at 9:35 am

Beautifully said.

• Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) July 5, 2016 at 9:44 am

Congratulations to your family!! So happy for y’all! A new baby is the best gift in life, and that quote is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

• Carole July 5, 2016 at 10:10 am

Just now read your Girlfriends post from 2014. Love it! Love everything about it!

• Catherine Prell July 5, 2016 at 10:12 am

Oh my goodness. That picture with Kensington holding the new baby with the others looking on made me tear up. What a beautiful post. Congratulations to all of you on the birth of baby Samuel!
    God bless! <3

• MelanieL July 5, 2016 at 10:42 am

Congrats to the entire family, what a special weekend indeed! Have fun spoiling that little one, Aunt Shay:)

• Rebekah Bloyd July 5, 2016 at 11:07 am

Shay, I commend you for not sharing Samuel’s story before Catherine and Sean get their turn to tell it! Too often these days, I see family members posting about new babies just for the social media buzz before the exhausted new parents even get a chance. You are a good sister in law!

• Lauren @ Oh Hey! I Like That! July 5, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Congratulations on the newest member of your tribe! He’s beautiful!

• Krisrin July 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm

This was absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

• Jennifer Baker July 5, 2016 at 2:53 pm

So beautiful Shay, thank you for sharing. Congratulations on becoming an Aunt!!

• Paula July 5, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Mr Samuel Thomas will be loved very well! Congrats to all!

Family is certainly a gift! I wasn’t born into one, but God allowed for me to marry into one!

• Lauren July 5, 2016 at 5:29 pm

What a gorgeous post! Your family seems very sweet and loving, and blessed. Welcome to the world, Samuel (what a beautiful strong name!)

• Jeanie July 5, 2016 at 5:36 pm

So sweet. Congratulations on the new arrival!

• Kati Matthews July 5, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Eek! Aunt Shay! Congrats and love the name and the verse!

• G July 5, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Congratulations on the new nephew!

• Sydney July 6, 2016 at 12:45 am

Such an exciting time. When my oldest (3) was born, I wanted a way to capture memories, and not forget. Generally if I don’t write something down ASAP I forget it. I saw a great idea, and decided to try it, and I love it. We have now implemented that to #2.

Each child has an email account set up.. Whenever something monumental happens, a cute phrase, a teaching moment, a “I never want to forget this” picture happens.. I quickly send an email from my phone to the child’s email. Moms, Dads, Grandpas, Grandmas, etc, can all have the email, and send emails/pictures as well. As the child gets older, it will be one of the greatest gifts to get back and look on all those sweet thoughts, memories, and feelings. They could also be made into a book as well!

Just an idea for your sweet family, as well as your brothers new family as well!

• Megan July 6, 2016 at 9:15 am

Your tribe is so sweet!!! Congrats on sweet baby Samuel!!

• cassie {hi sugarplum} July 7, 2016 at 9:57 am

Sweet baby Samuel…congrats to you all!! Love all your pics! xo

• Aubrey July 18, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Presh.
    Siblings and cousins are your first friends. Parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles are the ones who love you unconditionally.
    Your tribe.
    Having moved halfway around the world to be closer to my tribe, I love this post.