Hey there Tuesday!
So, I returned home last night from LA. If you’re looking for me today on TV, you’ll find me on the Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family show this morning. If you’re looking for me in real life…I’ll be at the grocery with three children saying the phrase “stop touching” over and over and over again. So…hope to see you in one of two places 😉 . (You can check your local listings for the airing HERE. The show will air again on repeat tomorrow afternoon as well.)
Today, I’m linking up with Andrea and her her bi-monthly Show & Tell Tuesday where we all link up and share about the same topic (today, Worst School Pictures). The topic was to include worst school pictures of you, your spouse and/or your kids. Here are a few things I’ve learned doing this little post:
1. Andrew never really had an awkward stage and for that, life is simply not fair. He was a little dorky in some pics, but he always has, always is and always will be cute.
2. My kids are still at that cute and little stage where every school pic is darling. I’m sensing that’s about to end, but for now, every picture of them is precious and just like their dad, it’s impossible to poke fun at them at this point.
3. My mother was not the scrapbooking/photo album making/keep things parent.
4. I cannot judge my mother because when my kids are older and they want to see a picture of themselves, I’m going to say, “Please type www.mixandmatchmama.com into your computer’s browser and go to town.” If not for this blog, I would have no record of said children.
5. Middle school hit me HARD. I had the BEST time in middle school but looking back, I must say that my mother should have said something like “what are you wearing and let’s talk about your hair” a little more often.
6. And speaking of my mother…on Friday when I sat down to type out this post, she and my dad were on vacation, so I couldn’t ask her to send me pics. I found some at home that I had, but not a ton. Here we go…
Thanks to Andrew’s mama, here are a few pics of him (sorry Andrew!)…
I mean…that’s one good looking guy right there ;).
And then here’s what I had of me from my awkward middle school days at my house. Please note, things get progressively worse…
I mean…that’s my girlfriends and me at my birthday party in 7th grade. I’ve always loved having girlfriends :).
The following pictures are from when my grandparents to me to Hawaii. I had that album at my house, so these pics come from that. The awkwardness is continuing to grow…
So, my grandmother hasn’t aged one bit.
Loved this trip with them more than I can say.
I remember those pants. They were silk and I loved them.
Apparently fanny-packs were all the rage…either that or I just thought they were. Please note, my grandmother will be wearing a corresponding one in other pictures. Also, this was before I discovered that the shorter the shorts, the longer your legs look.
I have no words. My outfit was awesome. And my hair looks fab too ;).
When you’re dressed just like your grandmother.
Just can’t shake the fanny-pack.
And then wait for it…I found this one and it’s a doozy…
I mean. I have no words. My friends Jennifer and Keisha can thank me for cropping them out ;). The three of us took a school picture together in 8th grade and for some reason…I still have it. Wow.
We went to dinner with Tab & Erika over the weekend and made fun of each other…
…because when you’re friends, you can do stuff like that.
Whew! So, that’s the post on worst school pictures.
One thing to note since I showed you those pictures of my grandparents and me…tomorrow marks the 17 year anniversary of my grandfather’s death. He died of cancer one week before I began my senior year of high school. I have an amazing relationship with my own dad, but the bond I had with my grandfather was extraordinary too. Not one single day goes by that I don’t think of him and how much he’s missed and been missed over the last 17 years. My grandmother has proven to be a woman of steel over the last 17 years and one of the most important people in my life.
Love this lady so much.
Next time on Show & Tell Tuesday…what advice would you give to your high school self?
And if you missed posts from the past, you can see all of 2015’s Show & Tell Tuesdays HERE and so far this year:
And to see what’s coming up this year…