Friday Favorites

friday-favorites-01

I’m so happy it’s Friday!!!

#iveneededafridaysomuchthisweek

#iwishtheyhappenedmoreoften

After today, my kids are off for Thanksgiving break and we are PUMPED.  Here’s hoping you’re as pumped about today too :).

I’m linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci and sharing my faves.  Enjoy your day!

books-for-little-readers

Wow!  Did you read my post about books for little readers on Wednesday?!  The suggestions in the comment section are AMAZING!  My kids are getting a lot of books for Christmas this year :).  If you missed it or commented early, go back now and read them.  So many excellent choices!  Click HERE.

Favorite Skin Care Products

Speaking of posts from this week, my skin care post was a favorite of mine too.  I shared my favorite skin care products and you ladies shared yours too.  Even my mom called and was thrilled with all of the suggestions and recommendations from everyone.  To see that post again, click HERE.

So, last season on the Real Housewives of New York City, Bethenny Frankel wore this really dark green polish a big part of the season and I’ve been on the hunt for one just like it ever since.  Lucky for us, I’m a girl who knows how to track down a good polish :).

img_9808

Here I am headed to church on Sunday…green dress and green polish in Wrap Party.  The polish is so dark that it’s almost black (which I love!).

img_9809

img_9811

So, the polish is a favorite for the week.  Now, my leopard scarf is forever old but you can find my really cute over the knee boots HERE (they’re 25% off right now!) and my green dress HERE.  And my fun sparkly bracelet is from J Crew :).  And speaking of J. Crew, my vest from two years ago…

img_9903

…is 30% off right now.  This was me just yesterday.  I love these vests and J Crew brings them back year after year (in so many colors!).  It just tops off everything :).  (The plaid shirt is from there too.)

One more little accessory for this winter…

image-11-16-16-at-1-08-pm

a good chunky knit scarf.  I bought this one in blue but it comes in 7 other colors too.  It just looked like winter to me.

image-11-16-16-at-1-07-pm

And look at this sweet picture…

image-11-16-16-at-1-21-pm

Ebby Lee and Kensington are singing together in our church’s Christmas musical.  Look how little and sweet they look singing by themselves in front of the entire adult choir and orchestra.  These girls are just so very precious.  I am so proud of them!!!

download

And speaking of Christmas things…I’ve watched two Hallmark Christmas movies since we chatted last Friday!!  So, if you missed it last week, I’ve decided to watch a few of these Hallmark Christmas movies and so far, I’ve watched two.  Andrew was gone two evenings this week, so I curled up and watched Every Christmas Has A Story (with Lori Loughlin!) and 12 Gifts of Christmas.  Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but these are all sweet and wholesome enough for even Kensington to watch with me, right?  So far, the two I’ve watched have been verrrrrrry mild and family friendly.  I’ve also learned that there is ALWAYS a Christmas movie on the Hallmark Channel right now.  You will not have trouble finding you one to watch :).  I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to get into Hallmark movies?!

img_5885

And remember how much I love this sweater?  It’s from last fall.  I just saw that it (and the other patterns) are all 25% off right now :).

And your weekend needs this…

Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread

…my Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread.

Those are my Friday Favorites!  I’ll see you on Monday!

xo

Print Friendly
  • Leslie Z. November 18, 2016 at 4:56 am

I feel like I could just go shopping in your closet. You find the best things! I’m loving the nearly black polish right now too. Mine is such a dark blue, that it’s nearly black. Great minds think alike! Have a great weekend, Shay!

• jamie November 18, 2016 at 5:01 am

i’m a wee bit jealous you have all next week off from school. we have M-W 1/2 days and TH-F off. i just love having my son {and granddaughter} home! i know parents who dread extended time off from school. i don’t think i’ll ever understand that…

• jenny November 18, 2016 at 5:07 am

I love all of the sweater, scarf and vests! Excited for cold weather to finally get here this weekend!

Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jenny

• Lisa November 18, 2016 at 5:16 am

Info on leopard booties featured in #7 please. Thank you and I hope sweet Ashby is feeling better!!!!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 5:24 am

They are some of my favorite booties EVER! Unfortunately, they’re like six years old.

• Susan Jeffries November 18, 2016 at 5:25 am

I bought the striped sweater last year (thanks to you) and love it!! I am going to order the black and gray one today and have my hubby give it to me for Christmas(: Enjoy your week off! My daughter is off two days – not long enough, but happy to have the time with her at home.

• Amy Heinl November 18, 2016 at 5:28 am

Love the polish and yes the Hallmark movies are all G rated and they are perfect for Kensington to watch with you. Every Sat and Sun night they premier a new one

• Erika slaughter November 18, 2016 at 5:34 am

Super cute outfits this week…the vest and plaid, the scarf, and sweater…all so cute! I’m on the hunt now for the perfect turtleneck. You know when those girls are singing I’ll be red from the neck up for them!!

• Sarah November 18, 2016 at 5:43 am

Your Friday Favorites are always awesome haha! Love the nail polish color and the sweater!!! My kiddos are off Wed-Fri, which I’ll take! Love all the extra family time I can get. Lucky your kids get a whole week off!!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Sheaffer November 18, 2016 at 5:50 am

Good for K and EL!!!!! That green dress is so pretty, and that J Crew vest is greatness (love how the collar stands up)!

• Brooke November 18, 2016 at 6:21 am

What size are you wearing in the J Crew vest?!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 6:37 am

I believe it’s an xsmall!

• Kaycee November 18, 2016 at 6:35 am

I just got into Hallmark movies this year too! If you get the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel, I recommend watching Finding Father Christmas, one of the new Christmas movies. It’s based off of the book by Robin Gunn. Very sweet movie about belonging and family.

• Valerie November 18, 2016 at 6:43 am

Love your Friday favorites and I’m loving that your kiddos have the week off next week. I’m a teacher and we go all day through Wednesday! And I’m hosting Thanksgiving at my house! Happy Friday!

• Narci November 18, 2016 at 6:48 am

So proud of those cute girls!!! They are rocking their solos and are just the sweetest thing ever up on that stage!

• Lynn November 18, 2016 at 6:50 am

Love your blog and posts!! Where and what brand is your watch?! Going to add it to my Christmas list!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 7:12 am

Michael Kors Large Lexington :).

• Alys November 18, 2016 at 6:53 am

Eek! A little jealous you guys start break after today! We have Monday and Tuesday and then are off Wednesday-Friday. And UM THAT VEST! I need that in my life ASAP!
    Happy Friday!!

• Kim November 18, 2016 at 7:03 am

I’m 22, I went to college 2 hours away from home when I was 18 and now I’m four hours with my real adult job, and I am counting down the days until I can go home next week to visit and watch Hallmark movies with my Mom. It’s a special tradition for us that I cherish and hopefully you can too. We don’t care how predictable they are ;).

• Michelle November 18, 2016 at 7:09 am

Love the polish and that you show a closeup. I have a hard time being confident about showing my nails closeup, but it helps to see the color, you know? I have been trying out a Wet-n-Wild Gel color in true black that I got at Walgreens for $2.99! Loving it so far and stays in place for a couple of days, which for me is amazing! Love the wider applicator brush too, because its goes on faster.

Some may be sad that the kiddos have to go to school for a couple of days next week, but I am thrilled! After the hurricane, and fall break, and Halloween……I need some time to start getting ready for the holidays! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

• Wendy B November 18, 2016 at 7:15 am

Hi Shay, your cranberry orange bread looks amazing! Can’t wait to make it this weekend! Speaking of Hallmark Movies… It woud be great if you could do a post of your favorite Hallmark Movies? :-). I was disappointed the last movie I saw on Netflix. just want to see wholesome, happy ending movies and the Hallmark movies channel is a great idea!! absolutely love your beautiful family and the wonderful love you share every day on your blog. I read it every day to start my happy mornings!

• Shannon November 18, 2016 at 7:18 am

Yes Hallmark movies are kid safe! My girls (8 and 6) love to watch them, especially the ones with kids in them. A fav is A Christmas Melody, where part of the story is a little girl having a solo in the Christmas play.

• chelsea November 18, 2016 at 7:18 am

I love that nail polish!! fabulous Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

• Nicole November 18, 2016 at 7:23 am

What size in the stripe sweater? Love it!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 7:36 am

I believe small!

• Liza November 18, 2016 at 7:27 am

Hi Shay, how do you like the new Essie Gel Couture polish? I haven’t tried them yet. I have a routine that works really well for polish to stay on around 2 weeks with the regular Essie polish and some other products. Just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 7:36 am

I personally, don’t see a difference between it and their regular polish. I changed it at six days.

• Sara Presley November 18, 2016 at 8:38 am

Hi Liza,
      Do you mind sharing your foolproof routine? Two weeks with staying power sounds awesome.

• Liza November 18, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Let me get home from work and I will get all the products out and share. I will go ahead and say that I can only get this long on Essie and OPI polish, no luck with anything else.

• Mary Woods November 18, 2016 at 9:03 am

Liza – what is your routine that your polish stays on for 2 weeks? That’s awesome:)

• Liza November 18, 2016 at 2:15 pm

When I get home from work I will get them out and reply back 🙂

• Karen November 18, 2016 at 10:13 am

Liza, spill your secret to getting 2 weeks out of your polish……………….please! Thanks 🙂

• Liza November 18, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Yep, when I get home from work, I will get the products out and reply back.

• Kelly H November 18, 2016 at 1:43 pm

The Essie Gel Couture polish is awesome because it’s very much like the salon shellac, it’s easy to apply but you do have to wait for it to dry to put on the top coat. The problem I have with it and shellac is the lack of oxygen basically ruins my nails. It makes them so week and they peel. I’ve gone back to regular Essie polish and their gel topcoat, I usually get 6/7 days out of a polish. I would appreciate the tips you have to get regular polish to last 2 weeks. That is amazing!

• Kelly November 18, 2016 at 7:30 am

My favorite is the girls having a part in the Christmas program! I hope we get a little video of it;). And the Hallmark movies are rated “G” and usually appropriate. Some of more “romance” than others but it’s all very mild. Enjoy!!

• Krista November 18, 2016 at 7:38 am

Love the polish! I would love to know your process for painting your nails. Mine always take forever to dry and even then I find a why to smudge them. Do you use any specific products to get them to dry quickly??

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 8:38 am

I paint them before bed, so that I”m just lying there and not moving much (I’ll watch TV in bed). It takes about 30 minutes for them to dry completely.

• Allison November 18, 2016 at 8:08 am

I love your style! I was wondering about the jeans in the above pictures- any tips on where to find the ones you are wearing or similar!
    Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to your family.

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 8:38 am

The distressed ones are AG and the other pair is J Crew toothpick :).

• Erin November 18, 2016 at 8:17 am

Does that Caslon sweater run large? I love all your clothes!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 8:37 am

I don’t think so! I think it’s very true to size.

• Lizzie @ This Happy Life November 18, 2016 at 8:27 am

I love that polish!! And I need to go back and read the comments for the book suggestions for my kiddos. I seriously have 100 Hallmark Christmas movies on my DVR, my mom came over one day and recorded everything for me, LOL

• Merideth November 18, 2016 at 9:18 am

I LOVE the Hallmark Christmas movies! I watched the two you mentioned above plus A Christmas Detour, On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, and A Wish for Christmas. Love Candace Cameron Bure and Lacey Chabert!

• Emmy November 18, 2016 at 9:32 am

Definitely wholesome enough to watch Hallmark movies with the kids, that’s part of what I love about them! My boys have no interest in actually watching it with me, but I love that I can turn it on while they’re in the room and not have to worry about them seeing/hearing anything they shouldn’t. I can’t believe this is the first year you’ve watched the movies-welcome to the rabbit hole! 🙂 It’s one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season!

• Elizabeth Valdez November 18, 2016 at 10:02 am

I have been watching the Hallmark Channel nonstop!! Family for Christmas and The Mistletoe Promise are a couple of favorites. I could go on and on ;). Have a great weekend! Xo – Elizabeth

• Stephanie November 18, 2016 at 10:22 am

What size are you wearing in the green dress? How does it fit? I love the color!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 10:45 am

Xsmall and it fits great…not tight, just relaxed.

• Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World November 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm

That green polish is amaze!! I will definitely be snagging some of that! Have a great weekend, Shay!

• Carole November 18, 2016 at 1:04 pm

When do we get to see your new front entry?

• Mix and Match Mama November 19, 2016 at 6:48 am

I didn’t do anything to my front entrance :). That was just the construction entrance, so the front portion of my house was closed off.

• Kristian November 18, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Hey Shay! I promise I’m not trying to self-promote with this comment, but please check out my blog post from today that is all about my favorite Christmas movies on Hallmark. (I have 12 favorites.) I even list the days and times that my all-time favorites will be on again this season. Since you are new to the Hallmark movie trend, (and I am completely obsessed with them,) I think you will find my list helpful. These movies would be perfect for you to watch with your whole family and start a new tradition of your own. My blog is akristianlifestyle.blogspot.com. The link to my post is… http://akristianlifestyle.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-post-you-dont-want-to-miss.html.

• Kim November 18, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Hi Shay! I’m curious, what size and cut is your diamond?

• Jessie November 18, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I got a dark green nail polish in my ipsy bag that I’m obsessed with – it’s Factor X brand from sephora and it’s in the color Huntress.

• Angela Ellingson November 18, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I need to make more time for Christmas movies!! They’re my favorite!

• Megan Butler November 18, 2016 at 10:21 pm

Okay Hallmark has a show called When Calls the Heart – and Lori is in it too!! But it’s so sweet and mild. Kensington could watch it with you over the break too!! They are filming season 4 now

• Kelley herrin November 19, 2016 at 7:52 am

Just wanted to thank you for posting fashion ideas. I’m a part time attorney and very busy — and I love fashion but I’m not the most creative. I do best when I can get ideas from others! So appreciate your sharing your ideas because you are truly blessed with the great style without going overboard gene! 🙂 I just also think you’re inspiring. So, thanks for all you do!!

• Caitlin November 19, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Do you have any tips for making nail polish last on nails? You mentioned regular polish lasting 6 days which is great! Mine never lasts that long!

• Mix and Match Mama November 20, 2016 at 4:54 pm

I use a base coat (OPI), two coats of polish and a top coat (Essie). I try not to make my polish layers thick either. I think the thicker the polish is on, the faster it comes off!

• Kelli November 19, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I recommend Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel over the regular Hallmark channel. HMM has better quality movies IMO. Right now you can get a 3 month free trial if you’re a Directv subscriber.

• Anonymous November 19, 2016 at 11:04 pm

I saw you had A LOT of suggestions on your books for little readers post, but here’s one more in case you didn’t have enough – try the Fly Guy series for Smith.

• Megan November 20, 2016 at 7:53 am

Love the dark green polish. It makes a dark moody color a little less angry. A fun little holiday inspired touch!

• haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 21, 2016 at 7:19 am

LOVING those leopard booties!! And this cold, cold dallas weather!! hooray!!

• Brinkley Brown November 21, 2016 at 9:01 am

Hallmark movies are very kid friendly. I don’t believe I’ve ever watched one that isn’t! And make sure you stay tuned after the holidays, because they’ll do their Valentines day movies soon! Those won’t be 24/7, but quite often. Hallmark does awesome, wholesome movies every weekend, all year round. I’m always watching the hallmark channel!

• Jo November 21, 2016 at 9:27 pm