Life Lately.

Here’s a little look at life lately in our house…

When you are just so tired.

Some days, you just have to stay in your pajamas.  We spent all day Friday in our pjs and loved every minute of it until it was it to get dressed for the school talent show…

…since my closet mirror isn’t currently up, I tried to take a selfie…but my two little sidekicks photobombed me :).  My sweater is from Loft and my necklace is from Stella & Dot.

We ate pizza before the talent show and Ashby realized that Kensington had stuffed her purse full of her stuff. #sisters (I have to say…Ashby plays with Kensington’s stuff the entire time she’s at school…so…she had it coming.)

Madeley was pumped that her biggest sister was hula hooping!

Happy girl 🙂

Ashby and Bowen enjoying the show.

Kensington, Molly and Ebby Lee did a fantastic job!  We were so proud of them!!

They accidentally matched at church on Sunday…so, I had to take a picture.

I found her walking down the hall in our house like this and about died!

One of my greatest pleasures right now is spending my days with Madeley and Ashby.  I know that I’m going to blink and they’ll be off at school, so I’m taking in our little time together.   On Monday, the three of us stopped for lunch and I just enjoyed it so much!

This one here is a mommy’s girl!

After school board games.  Do you think they whacked the game or each other???

I know I’ve mentioned this before…but Miss Madeley loves to wear other people’s shoes.  Here she is walking around the house in Ashby’s Uggs.  She just loves putting someone else’s shoes on!

She’s like “look mama”.

Fourth child problems.  You have to go with mom to get her hair highlighted.

That’s life lately!  Happy Thursday!

Print Friendly
  • Leslie Z January 26, 2017 at 4:40 am

Madeley’s faces are just so sweet!

• Ashley Van Dam January 26, 2017 at 5:10 am

I read your blog every day bit I saw something on Amazon which made me think I’ve missed something huge…. I was shopping online last night and under the recommendations for me was a very pretty picture of you on a new cookbook it was giving me the option to preorder (which I did)… Simmer. I was so happy!! The Crockpot is my best friend so this one is perfect. BUT then I was confused. Did you announce this already and I just missed it? Or has Amazon jumped the gun? Haha

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 5:27 am

Yay! I haven’t really talked about it yet, but it’s been on Amazon for a while. It might be my favorite book yet ;)! It’s a great one!!!

• Megan January 26, 2017 at 6:22 am

Random question but does Ashby’s hair stay curly when you curl it? My little Chinese gal’s hair just will not curl. It is immediatrly straight again. It makes her so mad (but is so adorable)

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 8:16 am

Yes! Her hair stays curly until the next wash. I know it’s too early to tell yet, but the texture of Madeley’s hair is very different than Ashby’s, so it might not hold.

• Angela Ellingson January 26, 2017 at 9:24 am

Ooo, that’s exciting! I’ll definitely be grabbing that one and Kids in the Kitchen! Love your cookbooks!!

• Nicole January 26, 2017 at 5:23 am

Love these posts! Could you give a little glimpse at what days at home look like with the youngest two? What’s your daily routine? Thanks!

• Erika Slaughter January 26, 2017 at 5:32 am

My guess is-NOT the moles!!! Hahahahaha!!

• jamie January 26, 2017 at 5:44 am

HA! madeley’s face in the hair highlighting photo is the best thing ever. and games for kids: we just purchased {rush hour jr.} for my 5yo granddaughter. do you own that game? next to her tablet, that is her go to activity!

• emily @ a little bit of emily January 26, 2017 at 5:50 am

Madeley’s expressions are just the best! So cute!

• Sheaffer Sims January 26, 2017 at 5:55 am

Madeley in those sunglasses is just about the cutest thing EVER. And that S and D necklace is fabulous.

• Lesley McFarland January 26, 2017 at 5:58 am

Madelys facial expressions are priceless…I think they need their own blog post!

• Sarah January 26, 2017 at 6:10 am

Aww that’s great you’re savoring your time with your little ones!! I’m in the “first phase” of little ones and your posts encourage me to soak this in, even when it’s hard! My oldest is starting kindergarten this year so I’m starting to get just how fast time goes.

Enjoy your day today!!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Narci January 26, 2017 at 6:32 am

What a great life lately! Enjoy those precious days at home with your sweet babies! It’s the best!

• Janette @ The 2 Seasons January 26, 2017 at 6:42 am

My little granddaughter is adopted from Thailand, and she loves to wear other people’s shoes, too.

• Paula January 26, 2017 at 6:58 am

I love love love Madeley’s scrunched face. Too cute!
    I saw the comment above and I already pretty ordered your next two earlier in the month! 🙂

• Lizzie @ This Happy Life January 26, 2017 at 6:59 am

How fun for Kensington to be in the talent show! I would have been way too scared to do that at that age! I know what you mean about blinking and the kids will be in school, that’s how I feel with my 2 youngest too 🙁

• Loren January 26, 2017 at 7:12 am

Wow you are brave taking your little to get your hair done. I am so nervous to do that in fear of him causing a HUGE scene. He just made his second appearance at the nail salon yesterday. I am taking baby steps, but HOW COOL! I am jelly.

• heidi January 26, 2017 at 7:33 am

Oh your kiddos are just so cute and such awesome personalities. . Love it

• Nat January 26, 2017 at 7:36 am

Madeley is just too cute!! I can see that personality through all the photos. : )) I laughed out loud when I got to the whack a mole caption!!

• Kelly January 26, 2017 at 7:42 am

I love this ‘life lately ‘ post The expression on Ashby’s face when she saw what was in kensingtons purse is just so great! And Kensington looks so grown-up and beautiful.
    Cute cute baby Madelyn sleeping while standing up !! Haha. And that face in the hair highlighting picture is hilarious! Speaking of hair, I love the color of yours.. what is the name of the colors/brand your hairstylist uses on your hair?

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 8:15 am

Thank you so much! I have no clue what she uses…I just sit there and let her do her thing 😉 .

• Kelly January 26, 2017 at 7:44 am

*Madely

• Bekah Bruce January 26, 2017 at 8:02 am

My littles love board games after school too! I love how expressive all your kids are! Those faces are the best and ones we’ll always want to remember!

• Rachel January 26, 2017 at 8:15 am

I see Madeley holding a blue nalgene water bottle…I noticed because we have the same one! I LOVE it, however, I found mold in our little plastic/rubber piece recently. I was so sad!! How do you keep yours from getting moldy?? My son is going to be SO sad when he realizes that water bottle is gone…I had personalized it with his name and a dinosaur and it was his favorite!

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 8:17 am

If it gets moldy, I throw them out. It’s only happened a few times.

• Stacy Tsoukatos January 26, 2017 at 8:46 am

Ok so I have to ask… I am at home all day with a toddler while the big kiddos are at school and my lovely boy is in that “toddler phase” while Madeley just seems totally cool and agreeable to go do errands with you. Tell me I am missing something and that she is occasionally a “terriorist” too!

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 9:06 am

Hahahaha! Well…I promise you that all of my kids have moments from time to time. As for Madeley, out of all of the kids, she is by far the most content. That could just be her personality, it could be a result of her being in a institutionalized setting for almost two years (so she learned just to be content)…who knows? She’s a sweet girl :).

• Alayna January 26, 2017 at 8:50 am

oh my word – that last pic:)

• Diane January 26, 2017 at 8:51 am

Where did you get the wallpaper that you have in your bathroom? Love it

• Lindsay D January 26, 2017 at 8:57 am

I loved seeing the scripture from the church picture. I lost my grandma to cancer a few years ago and that was her favorite scripture, so anytime I see it I smile. Have a great day!

• Angela January 26, 2017 at 9:06 am

In the picture where Madeley is wearing the big sunglasses, is that a current Matilda Jane outfit? I just absolutely ADORE it and her sweet face! 🙂

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 9:35 am

It’s not MJ…it’s another brand (I can’t think of the name off the top of my head). And no, it’s from September.

• Angela Ellingson January 26, 2017 at 9:28 am

Such sweet little faces! What a lovely life lately! 🙂 And I totally agree about pajama days!

• Cheryl January 26, 2017 at 9:43 am

Love the rug the kids are playing on! Would you happen to remember where it was purchased? Thank you 😉

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 9:46 am

Pottery Barn!

• Ariadna January 26, 2017 at 10:18 am

I think that last picture is a framer!! And I’ve been meaning to send you an email, but could you share some things your kids used for long plane rides? We’re leaving for Hawaii on Sunday and I’m trying to think of things we can take on the plane for her. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated! I will also search your blog, I know you’ve done a few of those posts before. Thanks!!

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Have so much fun!! Stickers, crayons, iPads, little toys…all great things for a plane!

• Shannon January 26, 2017 at 10:27 am

Question for you!! We purchased a faux fur blanket from Pottery Barn on your recommendation and it is just as incredible as you described!! The directions say it can be washed but recommend dry cleaning. How do you clean yours??

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 2:12 pm

I dry clean them!! Better safe than sorry!

• Jenn January 26, 2017 at 10:37 am

Is the color of your hair natural? Do you just add highlights? It all looks very natural and can’t even tell from your pics you get it done!

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 2:12 pm

My hair color is not natural. I’m sure it’s a dark blonde in real life…but I haven’t seen it in a long, long, long time 😉 .

• Olivia Snyder January 26, 2017 at 11:45 am

Some of my favorite little moments are going to lunch downtown with my boys and then going to the candy shop. Beckham goes to Kinder next year and I’m going to reminisce those moments.

• Desiree | Beautifully Seaside January 26, 2017 at 11:56 am

So precious! I love your little family outings with the girls! They look like they are a ton of fun! XOXOXO

• Megan Butler January 26, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Madeley’s face in the last picture is precious!!!!! She is the best!!!!

• Andrea H January 26, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Have you ever mentioned what you use to curl Ashby’s hair? Maybe you did and I missed it.

• Mix and Match Mama January 26, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Just old-fashioned sponge rollers!

• Tracy January 26, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Your kiddos are too cute!

• Bernadine January 26, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Hi Shay… Your two littlest are just precious! As I am a very nosy person… just checking whether you have a new Erin Condren planner this year? If so, please do share info. Will you be doing an updated post on your birthday wall again? Hoping you have the best weekend ahead!

• Mix and Match Mama January 27, 2017 at 4:40 am

I always buy my EC planner in June because I like the academic style planner (that runs July through July). And I will totally try and take a pic of my birthday wall!

• Erica Werner January 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Love your gold necklace that you have on in the black v neck sweater. Where is it from?

• Mix and Match Mama January 27, 2017 at 4:39 am

Stella & Dot!

• cassie {hi sugarplum} January 30, 2017 at 11:33 pm

ohmygosh, that last pic of madeley’s face just made my night!