Friday Favorites

Happy happy Friday!

Today, just like every Friday, I’m linking up with my friends Erika, Andrea and Narci and sharing my favorite things from the week.

I saw this quote this week and it made me LOL…

…I mean, funny and true, right?!?  It’s a favorite of mine this Friday 🙂 .

But before I begin with any other favorites, I need your help.  A sweet friend of mine is battling lymphoma right now.  Ashley is a mom to two very young kiddos, an elementary school teacher and was diagnosed right before Thanksgiving.  Well, one of her students has been in the news this week because he has been trying to raise money for her by baking cookies so that she doesn’t have to worry about her medical bills.  Isn’t that precious?!  Ashley asked me if I would share his sweet story and ask you guys to vote for them to be on Ellen :).  Ashley really just wants to share her story of hope with everyone and the story with the most votes gets to be featured on Ellen.  So, I’m asking you to do three things:
1: Pray for Ashley and her family.
2: Click HERE and register with Ellen.
3: Vote for Ashley and that sweet student!  Wouldn’t it be cool if they were on Ellen sharing their story?!

Ashley’s family will forever hold a very special place in my heart.  Her mom was my nurse during my pregnancies and her step-dad delivered Kensington and Smith.  I mean…how special, right?!  Love you Ashley!!  Praying so much for you and your precious family!

So, you know how much I love this dress (from the fall)…

…well, they just came back out with it but in a bunch of fun new colors!  I have the navy already, so this time, I bought the “glow” color (a bright coral).  I cannot wait for it to arrive!

At church on Sunday, Narci and I were both gushing over this Stella & Dot necklace…

…Narci really hit the nail on the head.  Do you girls remember this Stella & Dot necklace from a few years ago…

…this was me wearing the Kimberly necklace way back in 2014.  Isn’t the new Dalilah pendant just an updated version?  As soon as she said it, I knew she was right!  So, if you’re a fan of the Kimberly necklace, you might want to check out this newer version.  It’s a favorite of mine that just seems to go with everything!

Sigh.

Peer pressure has won once again.

I’m watching Gossip Girl now.

I know.

My TV watching has recently been very similar to that of a 17 year old girl.

I have a feeling most of you One Tree Hill watchers have also already watched Gossip Girl too.  So, let me share my thoughts thus far…

1: I’m already on season 2!  Why is it that these episodes move so much faster than OTH episodes?  Am I crazy?  I feel like I can breeze through GG while an episode of OTH took me four days to complete.

2: One time, I had dinner at a restaurant right next to Tony Romo’s family…and Chase Crawford was there…and I reallllllllllllly should have been watching this show back then (I think it was four years ago???).  Nate is my favorite character right now. Is that weird?  Everyone keeps telling me that Chuck will end up being my fave, but right now, I’m kicking myself for watching Tony & Candace Romo all night and not watching Chase Crawford. #stupidstupidstupid

3: I’m not a huge fan of Jenny or Vanessa right now and Blair makes me laugh like crazy.

4: After this series, I must resume adult programming!!!!!

And I love a little popover top.  This one has springy colors in it, so I will be wearing it now with jeans and flats and later with shorts and sandals.  Win, win.

Just a heads up to all of you who link up with Erika and me for Workin’ it Wednesdays, in March, we’re going to host our link up on MARCH 1ST instead of the 8th.  We love all of you bloggers linking up, so we didn’t want you to miss out!

And my last favorite this week…

Nutella Oatmeal Cookies

…the little girls and I made these Nutella Oatmeal Cookies.  My big kids came home from school and were PUMPED!  Find the easy recipe HERE.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!!

xo

Print Friendly

• Reply Angela Ellingson February 17, 2017 at 5:16 am

Voted for sweet Ashley and Kiptin and sending prayers now. That dress in “glow” is going to be stunning on you! Happy Friday!

• Reply Erika Slaughter February 17, 2017 at 5:23 am

Shay!!! I remember that. You’re so right. Why were we paying attention to Tony and his wife? If we knew then we’d binge watch a teeny bopper show in our thirties, we would have talked to him.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 5:24 am

I probably would have pulled up a chair next to him and asked a million questions…until security removed me. 😉

• Reply Lauren D February 17, 2017 at 5:25 am

Jenny drives me bonkers! Love doesn’t her in season one then it was downhill. Also, Jim Carey’s version of The Grinch is now ruined for me because she played Cindy and every time I watch her “That’s Little J…” keeps running through my head…

You will love Chuck but that doesn’t mean you won’t keep loving Nate! And I watched this as an adult too! It was right aferI first got Netflix and I watched it because Kristen Bell had posted about it.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 5:34 am

She was Cindy in the Grinch?! No way!

• Reply Amy Jordan February 17, 2017 at 8:16 am

And speaking of Kristen Bell… did you watch Veronica Mars yet? Because your feelings towards Chuck and Logan will have the same roller coaster. And then you have to watch the movie.. and read the books 😉

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog February 17, 2017 at 5:26 am

That quote is the funniest, so true! And I feel like I’m the only one who never got into Gossip Girl – got bored after the first episode lol.

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt February 17, 2017 at 5:28 am

I love that JCrew shirt! I think JCrew has the best shirts! They are always a favorite for me 🙂
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Donna February 17, 2017 at 5:29 am

Totally my thoughts on the dishes too haha…that quote is perfect!

• Reply Kristen February 17, 2017 at 5:45 am

Gossip girl is a favorite!! I just finished watching it for the second time! I love your binge watching suggestions-I’m already on season 3 of parenthood from when you suggested it with your book review!!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams February 17, 2017 at 5:54 am

I love the updated version of the S&D necklace! I also really liked Nate in the beginning seasons, so I’m with you on that one. That is so funny that you were watching Tony & Candice more! Have a great weekend!
    xo

• Reply Loren February 17, 2017 at 6:06 am

I think GG is better than OTH. Also, I think as the series gained popularity their episodes got better. Especially in the fashion department. I don’t know how the tv show compares to the book but I think you will like this series.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims February 17, 2017 at 6:20 am

I have that Stella and Dot necklace too. And I 100% AGREE that it’s an “updated Kimberly”! I absolutely love it. Love that J Crew plaid shirt on you too!

• Reply Narci February 17, 2017 at 6:31 am

Well, you know I love that necklace! And, I’m starting to come around to Chuck! Also, Blair and Chuck together are just so funny! Happy Friday!

• Reply Dawn February 17, 2017 at 6:38 am

I believe that Chase Crawford is Candace Romo’s brother.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 7:17 am

Yes! He is!!

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life February 17, 2017 at 6:45 am

GG is so so good! Nate was always a fave of mine too. You’re making me want to go back and watch all these shows I watched years ago 🙂 I will be praying for your friend and also voting! Happy Weekend Shay!

• Reply Becca February 17, 2017 at 6:52 am

Voted for sweet Ashley! Love your heart for loving others! The dress and shirt… love them!

• Reply SueR February 17, 2017 at 6:52 am

LOL, I loved gossip girl! I usually only allowed myself to watch them when I was on the treadmill (motivation to get on it daily) or doing some big organizing project. I also loved the show Heart of Dixie.

• Reply Valerie February 17, 2017 at 6:54 am

Nate was always my favorite on GG. How fun that you saw him!!

• Reply Hayli February 17, 2017 at 6:56 am

I had to make myself finish GG. The fashion is (mostly) good and Chuck (thankfully) improves! Happy weekend!

• Reply Micaela February 17, 2017 at 6:57 am

I can’t wait to make your nutella oatmeal cookies- they look delicious. I am loving your popover shirt.. where is the adorable necklace from that you paired with it? Have a great weekend!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 7:17 am

It’s Stella & Dot!

• Reply Lisa biedebach February 17, 2017 at 7:00 am

I never comment but here’s my story. I’m in Allen and I joined a bible study at someone’s house a couple of years ago. It was very secretive and I had to meet them first. It was a little odd and I told my hubby I hope I’m not accidently signing up for a cult. So I go the first week and it’s a beautiful home! The leader is a little older and her grandkids are there with their nanny and the other bible study ladies. They have an Apple TV with pictures rotating. At the end of the Bible study I made the comment that they must be major cowboys fans from the pictures. Everybody laughed. The Bible study leade was chase crawfords mom and tony rooms mother in law and the grandkids were actually Tony and candaces. My husband laughed because I had no idea who either of them was. She is a wonderful Christian lady though.

• Reply Nicole February 17, 2017 at 7:03 am

Next on your list should be THE OC to complete your series. Haha! 😉 I’ll always prefer Nate over Chuck, and you’ll only continue to love Blair more!

• Reply Jocelyn February 17, 2017 at 7:29 am

Ahhhhh Chuck Bass forever. <3 You'll end up loving him with the rest of us. haha!

• Reply Anna B February 17, 2017 at 7:31 am

I cannot stop watching Gossip Girl!! The obsession is real!! Where was I when it was on??

• Reply Jen February 17, 2017 at 7:34 am

Shay!! I love your jeans and cute nude flats you’re wearing with your plaid top!! Where are they from? What brand?! Happy weekend!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 7:42 am

I love them! They’re Tory Burch!

• Reply Jenn February 17, 2017 at 7:40 am

Is there a GO FUND ME page to help raise money or just for the lil girl to get on Ellen? Sad to hear. Praying 🙏🏻

• Reply Andi February 17, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Jenn- I was wondering myself, so I searched and found a gofundme account for the teacher:
      h
      The address is also at the top of this webpage:
      Mrsashleymoore.wordpress.com, the Feb 10, 2017 entry.

• Reply Cassie Troxel February 17, 2017 at 7:49 am

I just recently started gossip girl too and I cannot turn it off!! Team Chuck all the way!

• Reply Lauren February 17, 2017 at 7:53 am

Where are your jeans from?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 8:28 am

They’re AG from Nordstrom!

• Reply Melissa February 18, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Hi Shay, can you please share the style/color/wash of the AG jeans from Nordstrom. Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 19, 2017 at 5:09 am

I they’re “the stilt”.

• Reply Alexis deZayas February 17, 2017 at 7:54 am

That popover looks precious on you!

• Reply Bianca Catalano February 17, 2017 at 8:02 am

Praying for your friend. I am currently binge watching Gilmore Girls, so great! Curious if you’ll post any cute dresses/swim wear before spring break? You always have the cutest finds! I hope you will!!!

• Reply Sarina Vinci February 17, 2017 at 8:14 am

I think the only logical step after watching OTH and GG is Hart of Dixie!

• Reply Sheila February 17, 2017 at 8:15 am

I felt the same way watching those shows. I’m quite a bit older than you, but my daughter got me hooked on them:) Nate was my favorite through it all, and I could not STAND Jenny. I really got to like Blair more and more as it went. And Chace Crawford is beautiful!!! 🙂

• Reply Ashley February 17, 2017 at 8:26 am

Is it weird I named my first-born Blair? I watched GG back in the original days and loved her. She’s mean, but I fell in love with her and may have gone through a headband phase because of her. I’m yet to tell my husband our daughter is named after a snotty, rich girl from a TV show.

• Reply Anne February 17, 2017 at 8:30 am

Love your two little photobombers in that photo of you, showing off that Stella and Dot necklace.

• Reply Sara February 17, 2017 at 8:49 am

The popover is so cute! Is it true to size?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 11:24 am

Yes, I think so!

• Reply Kelly February 17, 2017 at 8:56 am

Haha! What is “adult programming”? If it’s not GG and OTH (or Dawson’s Creek?) then I don’t want to be an adult ;o) And I just bought that BB Dakota dress after seeing the glow color – too cute!

• Reply Kelsey February 17, 2017 at 9:00 am

Going to check out that Stella & Dot necklace! Love GG! I never really liked Jenny or Vanessa the whole series. Chuck & Blair were always my favorites!

• Reply Laura Bolger February 17, 2017 at 9:17 am

Hi Shay! What size is your plaid pop-over? Too cute 💚

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 17, 2017 at 11:23 am

A zero!

• Reply Kristian February 17, 2017 at 9:17 am

I am currently watching White Collar on Netflix. If you have not watched White Collar yet, do yourself a favor
    and literally drop everything and start watching right now. I have fallen in love with ALL of the characters and can not get enough. I am on Season 5, and am already feeling mixed emotions because there are only 6 seasons. I don’t want it to end!

• Reply Mary February 17, 2017 at 9:26 am

Hi Shay. Did you hear they are filming a Love Actually Sequel? I just read about it and thought you would appreciate the info. Happy Friday 🙂

• Reply Meredith February 17, 2017 at 9:32 am

I saw yesterday that a Love Actually sequel is the in the works and it made me think of you! So excited!

• Reply Lisa February 17, 2017 at 9:51 am

Shay! I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog, you’ve inspired me to start one! I love that you watched OTH and now GG, those are a couple of my favorite shows! Can I suggest you watch just one more teen show?? The Vampire Diaries is amazing, it’s on its 8th and final season. After that, watch Once Upon A Time and Hart of Dixie for more “adult-like” shows, they are both so good!!!

• Reply Kelley February 17, 2017 at 10:08 am

Oh you will for sure like Chuck more than Nate….eventually. You will also dislike Jenny and Vanessa even more as the episodes go by! Gossip girl is just sooo good!

• Reply Ariadna February 17, 2017 at 10:15 am

Am I really missing out on not watching these shows? I love Gilmore Girls and I watched it back when it first aired and I watch OTH for a few season back then too, but never watched Gossip Girl or The OC, should I be watching them now? I can’t even keep up with the shows that are on now, like This Is Us! Does anybody watch that? I’m a few shows behind and I hate/love this show because it always makes me cry!! Anyway, have a great weekend!!

• Reply emma @ from my little pink couch February 17, 2017 at 10:24 am

LOVE Stella & Dot’s latest line! the knot bracelet & earrings are on my wish list!

• Reply Courtney February 17, 2017 at 11:44 am

Ugh! Jenny and Vanessa are the worst! Never liked them at all. Nate and Blair were always a fave of mine. I haven’t watched this show since it aired almost 10 years ago! I think I should rewatch soon! I’ll have to give those cookies a try! Any way you can put Nutella into something is a win in my books!

• Reply Emily February 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Gossip Girl is totally acceptable, right? Because ever since Erika started talking about I decided I needed to re-watch it too. Jenny and Vanessa are not my favorites either .. and Blair .. good Lord girl, get it together! She will grow on you a little bit, but Chuck TOTALLY grows on you.

• Reply Andrea Johnson February 17, 2017 at 12:31 pm

I am watching Gossip Girl with my daughter and I’m addicted! She loves Blake Lively probably because her name is Blake too. My daughter always hears “Blake?? Isn’t that a boy’s name?” BUT !!! I am going to counteract my 17 year old self GG watcher with Grace and Frankie on Netflix and starting Sunday Big Little Lies on HBO can’t wait!!

• Reply Meg February 17, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Voted and praying 🙂

• Reply Brandye February 17, 2017 at 1:09 pm

So I’m that “horrible” mother who watched Gossip Girl, WITH my daughter, when she was in high school! We LOVED it, mostly for the fashion, but still….in my own defense, we actually had some great conversations from some very teachable moments. Those of you with older kids may understand this. (She’s now a Baylor grad and teaching high school biology & coaching cheer.) Obviously, I’m in no way judging you for watching GG. I miss Blair!!! Like she’s an old friend or something. Ha!

• Reply Cherrisse February 17, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Are you going to watch the Big Little Lies show on HBO? Have you written about this yet? I read the book because of your suggestion.

• Reply Kim February 17, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Ashley is precious and I’m so glad you included her in your blog today. Her story hits home for me because my son was also diagnosed with the same lymphoma. When I went over to her journal, it brought back all those raw feelings of what one goes through hearing that “c” word.
    I love her sweet spirit and positivity!
    Thank you for sharing and giving me another name to add to my prayer list!

• Reply Megan Butler February 17, 2017 at 3:30 pm

I loved GG!! I watched it right after fisher was born. That’s how I survived the nightly feeds!!! And I looooved Blair!! I need a new show bad!!!

• Reply Charlene Cunningham February 17, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Not shopping Nordstrom anymore.

• Reply Coco Cutler February 17, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Hello! Help! With your popover top, do you tuck in? I feel when I leave them untucked I don’t look very good, maybe because I’m pretty petite … but when I do tuck in I feel awkward also. What’s a girl to do?!?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 18, 2017 at 6:25 am

Yes! I either just tuck the front in or I tuck the whole shirt in.

• Reply Southern & Style February 17, 2017 at 10:30 pm

How funny that you’re watching Gossip Girl now…as I type this I’m currently watching an episode of it too!

xoxo, SS

Southern And Style

• Reply Kristen February 18, 2017 at 1:50 pm

I just put in a vote on Ellen Nation for Ashley 🙂 And I completely understand the draw to teenage programming! Been a closet Pretty Little Liars fan for awhile…

• Reply Pamela February 18, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Oh my wordie! I am so glad that someone else is watching “17” year old shows. When I ask my daughter if she saw “Blair’s outfit” and she say’s, “Mom, I don’t watch that show!” ….I feel that I must go underground to finish the seasons. Ok…I will also admit that I have watched the first 2 seasons of the new 90210. I had no problem “withdrawing” from that one. Gossip Girl, however, is one big ball of relationships, fashion, and vogue..ness! I can’t get enough of it! Oh, and yes..Chuck is going to really grow on you, especially when you find out that in real life he is English and has an accent. Woo hoo!

• Reply Angie seda February 19, 2017 at 7:38 am

I love the necklace you are wearing with the j crew pop over, is that still available?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 20, 2017 at 5:23 am

It’s from Stella & Dot but I believe it’s from last spring, so maybe not.

• Reply Brittney Hill February 19, 2017 at 8:54 pm

I love the necklace with the jcrew popover! Who makes the necklace?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama February 20, 2017 at 5:22 am

Stella & Dot!

• Reply Carrissa February 20, 2017 at 10:40 am

LOVE Gossip Girl. Everyone is right saying Chuck Bass will be your favorite at the end! Also, Jenny Humphreys is the WORST! Sadly, she gets even worse! Have you watched Friday Night Lights? I’m sure you have living in TX, but if not, it is a must!

• Reply Detroit Duchess February 20, 2017 at 5:06 pm

XOXO! I love Blair and Chuck – that definitely kept my attention… will they or won’t they?