Valentine’s Breakfast for Kids!

Valentine's Breakfast for Kids

A few years ago, we started a tradition to have a special Valentine’s breakfast for our kids.  Even on a week day, all of these recipes are easy enough to pull off before your little sweeties head out the door for school.  I always set out their places at the bar with special Valentine’s Day napkins, a little box of candy, a little something else (usually a little stuffed animal or something small like that) and we use their Valentine’s Day plates.  I try and always have fresh strawberries to go along with their food too…because hello?  Nothing says Valentine’s like a big old red strawberry!  So, pick a recipe below and enjoy the morning with your littlest of Valentines.  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate

Even if it’s not Christmas, you can still whip up my Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate that morning!

Strawberry Waffles

Follow it up with either my Strawberry Waffles

Red Velvet Pancakes

…my Red Velvet Pancakes my…

Raspberry Lemon Rolls

Raspberry Lemon Rolls or my…

Cherry Oatmeal

Cherry Oatmeal.

Happy mornin’ to YOU!

Print Friendly

• Reply Narci Dreffs February 10, 2017 at 6:36 am

Those Red Velvet Pancakes look delicious!!

• Reply Kathryn Brumley February 10, 2017 at 8:45 am

Those looks yummy, but man I wish Valentine’s was on a weekend! It’s super tough to cook up a thoughtful breakfast like that when you’re strapped for time in the AM being a single, working/commuting mama 🙁 (Best I can think of is to either prep or cook everything the evening before (just takes the surprise out of it). Luv ya Shay! XOXO

• Reply Holly February 12, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Maybe you could do breakfast for dinner and have time to enjoy!

• Reply Alexis deZayas February 10, 2017 at 9:52 am

I’m loving the idea of Red Velvet Pancakes!!

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life February 10, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Those raspberry lemon rolls sound amazing! But I think my kids would love the waffles more. I definitely plan on doing something special for them that morning

• Reply Leticia February 14, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Just made the Red Velvet pancakes for an afterschool snack for the kids – I’m with Kathryn, we don’t get up early enough to do it before school!! Looking forward to surprising them 🙂
    Thanks for the recipe!!