Life Lately.

Happy Thursday friends!

Only 9 more days of school left!

Summer just can’t get here fast enough for the Shull family!

Here’s a little look at life lately.  Spoiler alert: we’re in the pool A LOT!

IMG_2142

This kid cracks me up with her facial expressions!  She is FUNNY!  (And pssst: that’s the tee and hat I showed you on Friday!)  We love eating lunch on the patio!  We try and make that happen as much as possible!

IMG_2160

Poolside with my biggest girl.  She is just so sweet!!  Annnnd…that’s that cover up I told you I love so much.  Isn’t it pretty?!

IMG_2301

I clearly wear the same things every day ;)!  This is us a few nights later at Smith’s baseball game.  I love snuggling with my littlest while watching my boy play ball!

IMG_2303

Love this kid.

IMG_2312

On this day, we celebrated 8 months with Miss Madeley!  They’ve been the BEST eight months!

IMG_2325

Walking home from school.  They’re excited about summer!

IMG_2351

The Friday before Mother’s Day, I attended the First Grade Mother’s Day Breakfast.  They read us a book and served us breakfast.

IMG_2356

Do you like my homemade corsage?!  It was such a special morning!!

IMG_2358

When Smith and I read this poem together, we were both laughing so hard.  THIS IS MY LIFE!

IMG_2359

We walked to meet Andrew for lunch later that day.  We love walking around town when the weather is so nice!

IMG_2361

It’s a shame that she doesn’t have personality.

IMG_2367

Okay, this has been a HUGE deal at our house!  You know how I always wear my hair wavy and it comes from sleeping in a wet bun?  (To see my post about that click HERE.)  Well, Ashby asked me if she could  try it a few weeks ago and look at her hair!  It’s just like mine!!  She loves that her hair looks like mommy’s.  All I do is put it up wet and then the next morning, bam!  All the waves!  I didn’t even put hairspray on it to hold the curl…it just holds.  I love how God can use simple little things like that to make us feel connected.  It’s such a beautiful thing :).

IMG_2373

Waiting for Papa Jay and Lovie to show up.

IMG_2387

And every single night, they’re outside throwing some sort of ball.  Love these guys.

IMG_2401

Hot tea, check!  Ingredients to bake homemade muffins, check!  The sweetest 8 year old in the world, check, check, CHECK!

And look what came this week…

IMG_2548

my new tote!!  Okay, brace yourselves because I’m about to gush and it’s going to sound sponsored but it’s not!  Ha!  They did not send me this bag, I bought it because I love it so much!  I told you on Friday, that I ordered two special graduates each totes for gifts and I got myself one too for trips.  Take a peek inside…

IMG_2549

…I love the zipper, the pockets and that it’s lined with a material that is not cloth so that I can use this to take to the pool too and a little dampness won’t hurt anything…

IMG_2550

…back zipper is a plus too!  I bought mine for trips to the pool, the gym, overnight stuff and for traveling (because I always need a tote for my kids’ stuff when we’re traveling!), so I also bought me this as well…

IMG_2546

a case for my MacBook that fits right inside.  Bring on the summer travel!

If you’ve never been to Barrington’s site and designed your own bag (you pick the print, the monogram, the stripe, etc), you can HERE.

Whew!  That wraps up life lately!  Tomorrow…a giveaway 🙂 .

Print Friendly

• Reply Samantha May 18, 2017 at 4:51 am

I love that you and Andrew spend individual time with each kid. ❤️

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 18, 2017 at 4:54 am

Nine more days of school left only! Ohhh how I wish I was still at school, so that I get my holidays…

• Reply Sheaffer Sims May 18, 2017 at 5:42 am

Ashby’s hair!!!! It looks so good!!! And I bet that she loves that it’s just like her mama’s!

• Reply Narci Dreffs May 18, 2017 at 6:07 am

That picture of you with Smith is so cute!!! Also, I love Ashby’s waves! Adorable!

• Reply Courtney May 18, 2017 at 6:07 am

Those bags are super cute! I’m always looking for a new tote. I love Frye bags, but they are a little pricey. Thanks for sharing! And Madeley’s little facial expressions just crack me up – she is the cutest. 🙂
    XO
    Courtney

• Reply Sarah May 18, 2017 at 6:09 am

LOVE the tote!! And so happy school is almost out!! Though, I’m also a little terrified hahahah! Mine are 5, 3 and 6 months (all girls!) so it can definitely get very chaotic!! We will need to keep busy!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply Stacy May 18, 2017 at 6:13 am

What brand /where can you find your pink mixing bowels?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 6:39 am

They’re from Williams-Sonoma :).

• Reply Diana Campbell May 18, 2017 at 7:18 am

You have the cutest family and I just love your happy blog! I love your Ray Ban sunglasses… do you have a link for them?? Thanks so much!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 7:23 am

They’re Ray Bans from Nordstrom :).

• Reply Alexis deZayas May 18, 2017 at 7:27 am

Ashby’s wavy hair, Madeley waiting by the window and Kensington drinking hot tea made me smile big this morning!!

• Reply Lisa D May 18, 2017 at 7:37 am

Smith reading to you, wonderful! And Madeley’s expressions and smiles are so precious!

• Reply Melissa May 18, 2017 at 8:01 am

I got teary reading about Ashby’s hair…what a precious gift!

• Reply Tiffanie May 18, 2017 at 8:02 am

What about the Barrington bag as a diaper bag? Do you think its big enough?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:40 am

It would have been for me! Absolutely!!

• Reply Angie McClung May 18, 2017 at 8:07 am

Hi Shay! What’s the name of the lip color you’ve been wearing lately? I’ve been on the hunt for a new shade and that pink color looks perfect for summer! 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:40 am

Bobbi Brown’s Taffeta 🙂

• Reply Colleen McTeague May 18, 2017 at 8:34 am

Hey Shay!! I read your blog daily, but this is my first comment (woop, woop! Also, I’m a speech-language pathologist, so I especially love when you give updates on the speech and language development of your two littles!) But, I was wondering if there is anything you put in your hair after you get out of the pool? I have pretty curly (ok, VERY curly) hair and I am always so nervous about how poofy/frizzy my hair will be when it dries after getting out of the pool (or ocean). I work at a pool and for years I have been trying to find a product that is light but will also tame the frizz to put in my hair for when I get out of the water. Any suggestions?! Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:40 am

My hair is a mess when I get out of the pool…I just pull it back immediately! I love to put conditioner in my hair before getting in to the pool because it really protects it though.

• Reply Brandi May 18, 2017 at 8:37 am

Do you have the Barrington sunglass case? Recommend or do tell what you keep your Ray Bans in!

• Reply Shay May 18, 2017 at 8:40 am

I just love catching up with y’all! Love that bag- I keep seeing it on other blogs too and I’m thinking I need to take the hint and check it out! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Natalie May 18, 2017 at 8:45 am

Hi Shay… love your life lately post… love your baking with Keningston and your time together so sweet.. what color is that bag? Black or blue? I’m going to order one .. have a wonderful day my friend…

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:39 am

black :)! Have a great day!

• Reply Katie May 18, 2017 at 8:54 am

In that cute picture of Kensington baking with you where did you get the little stand holding your kids plates behind her? Girl, I have been on the hunt for something similar to hold our seasonal kids plates and I have had zero luck.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:39 am

Oh goodness, I don’t remember! It’s an old purchase. I’m sorry!

• Reply Jocelyn May 18, 2017 at 9:05 am

Hi Shay, this will seem a bit random, but it looks like comments are closed on older posts, so I’m leaving this note here. I love your book review every month! I used to be a big reader… but then I had kids. And then for two years, in addition to being a mom and working full time, I was going to graduate school, building a new home and pregnant with #2… so I had absolutely NO free time to read for fun! 🙂 But I started reading again in 2015, and I now read about two books a month. I listen on Audible during my daily commute to and from work (which until recently had me on the road at least 12 hours a week… so I had a lot of time to listen to books!).

Anyway.. the reason for me to write is to say I LOVED “A Man Called Ove.” And I think listening to it on Audible probably made a big difference (rather than reading it with my eyes). The narrator did a really great job! And I cried and cried at the end.

I’ve read nearly 20 other books that you’ve reviewed. And I started Crazy Rich Asians today!

• Reply Ariadna May 18, 2017 at 9:16 am

I love Ashby’s waves, that’s so sweet!! And Madeley’s cute face!! Happy Friday Eve! 🙂

• Reply Corbie May 18, 2017 at 9:26 am

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the wet bun properly and wake up with those curls! Mine always turns out so wrong. I totally remember your post on it but I think I need a tutorial- maybe a quick video. Pretty Please!! 🙂

• Reply Jodi May 19, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I agree! Video please or step by step photos of bun placement. I try but I usually get this funny line across my head. from the part of the hair that’s not in the bun. Would love to see how you actually do it. 🙂

• Reply Diana May 18, 2017 at 9:31 am

A friend told me about your blog and I have had the best time reading about all of your travels, especially your Disney cruise! Your family is adorable! Also, I have 3 nephews who are adopted so I love hearing other people’s adoption stories. Thank you for sharing yours!

• Reply DonnaS May 18, 2017 at 10:02 am

Love Ashby’s hair. You have such a cute family and you seem to enjoy each other so much. What a blessing!

• Reply Missy May 18, 2017 at 10:03 am

Love it all!! I also love a good tote…I will save up to get me a Barrington. Where are the straw hats you and K have on?

• Reply Ella May 18, 2017 at 10:30 am

I tried doing your wet bun hair method myself. when I took out the bun in the morning my hair was wet.
    How does your hair dry in a bun?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 11:37 am

Make sure it isn’t super tight. It helps if it’s a little loose!

• Reply Angela Ellingson May 18, 2017 at 10:32 am

So much sweetness! I could comment on each picture, but love Ashby’s waves!!

• Reply Whitney Herrera May 18, 2017 at 11:09 am

ok Ashby’s hair matching yours is soooo sweet and what a perfect (additional) way to connect her to you! so sweet!

• Reply Frances Johnson May 18, 2017 at 11:47 am

Is your tote navy or black? Which stripe is on your bag? Looks so cute, but can’t find the exact one.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 12:10 pm

My stripe is black!!

• Reply Kim May 18, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I know this is not a book post but I just finished reading One True Loves and I loved it!! I couldn’t help but notice the characters name at the end was Britt which Erika just named her beautiful daughter. Connection or coincidence? Just curious lol.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Coincidence! Cute though, right?

• Reply Kim May 18, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Yes! So cute! I mean it must be a sign right? 😉

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick May 18, 2017 at 12:10 pm

That bag is so cute!! Love Ashby’s beachy waves!!

• Reply Lauren May 18, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Where is the straw hat from?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Nordstrom!

• Reply Whitney Pegram May 18, 2017 at 12:36 pm

LOVE that sweet Ashby’s hair has waves like yours. How great is God?!? 😍

• Reply Allie @ Running on Peanut Butter May 18, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I cannot believe that it’s only been 8 months since Madeley has been a Shay! It honestly feels like she’s been with you for years! That just goes to show you how amazing your family and parenting is, because when I look at your family, I think, oh yeah, Ashby and Madeley have been your babies since the day they were born. . Okay, now I’m rambling, but what I’m trying to say is that your kids all just seem like they’ve been best friends for years and years.

• Reply Misty May 18, 2017 at 1:31 pm

I’m sure that you have probably gone over this BUT do you do a ponytail pull through bun? Or a full on twist up bun? Curious..I’m pretty sure that I can get my hair to do that. Thanks! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!!!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 1:43 pm

I do it both ways. Sometimes, I do a full bun and then a lot of the time, I just do a pony but don’t pull it through the third time. 🙂

• Reply Jo May 18, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I love, love, love the waves in Ashby’s hair! I took a look at your previous post and you mentioned fabric elastics, so may I ask what brand or where they’re from? Also, are you twisting your hair into a bun and then putting the elastic around the whole bun? Sorry for all the questions, but I’m so bad at doing my hair that any tips would be greatly appreciated =) Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 18, 2017 at 1:43 pm

I get them at Target :).

• Reply Lindsay May 18, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Can you do a video of you putting up your hair pretty please! Love that Ashbys hair matches your hair!’

• Reply Elise Welch May 18, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Ashby’s hair is so pretty! That is so cool that her hair looks like yours. God is so good!

• Reply Bethany May 18, 2017 at 6:11 pm

That bag is too cute! I love that it is not tooo ‘mom’ aka ‘diaper bag’ looking.

• Reply Amanda May 18, 2017 at 6:42 pm

That mug Kensington is holding is so sweet! Where is it from??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 19, 2017 at 5:03 am

I don’t remember???

• Reply Anna May 18, 2017 at 7:38 pm

What brand is that purple hand mixer? Do you like it? I’ve been looking for a good hand mixer that will last me a long time.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 19, 2017 at 5:03 am

It’s forever old! I believe it’s Cuisinart???

• Reply Shelly May 18, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Oh my goodness…I LOVE that bag! It might be my fave barrington yet…and I had no clue they had macbook cases. Do you have a 15″ mac?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 19, 2017 at 5:02 am

Mine is a little smaller but it fits right inside!

• Reply Linnane Carrasco May 18, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Hi Shay! Long time reader here. I just read Friday’s post and reread the old post on hair but I was hoping you would do a video on how you twist your hair up. Even ok insta stories perhaps. I would love to see you do it.

Thank you!

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life May 18, 2017 at 9:46 pm

So sweet that Ashby wanted hair like her Mama!!

• Reply cassie {hi sugarplum} May 19, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Any chance you rent those kids out for snuggling, bc I’d love to get my hands on those cuties!!!!

• Reply Katy May 21, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Is that a new band on your Apple Watch? I’m looking for a new one, what kind did you choose?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama May 22, 2017 at 5:32 am

It’s a Nike sport band!

• Reply Katy May 22, 2017 at 6:14 am

After looking at them I thought so! Thank you Shay!!