Tuesday Talk: TV Shows for Kids

Happy Tuesday!

Once a month, I link up with Ashley and Erika who host Tuesday Talk.

For this link up, you are supposed to chat about anything and everything.

In January, we chatted about whether or not I should keep my home phone.  (You overwhelmingly told me TO keep it!)

In February, we chatted about preparing for sitters at your house.

In April, we chatted about a book I read called Unstuffed.

And today, we chatting about TV shows for kids.

I need some fresh suggestions, please!

My kids love movies, but for the most part, they don’t have time to sit down and watch a two hour movie, so 30 minute TV shows seem to be a favorite around here.  That being said, Andrew and I like to sit down and watch a show with them…but we need some new ideas.  As a family, we watch a lot of…

cast17

…Jessie…

liv-and-maddie

…Liv and Maddie…

340445D6-EDD2-8D0E-D2982F566A957DEA

…and Bunk’d (which by the way has the best opening theme song in the world!)…

…but I think we’re all getting tired of those…so do you have any new suggestions???

After the big kids went with me to L.A. in March

Home and Family 5139 Final Photo Assets

…and met Phil Keoghan…

Home and Family 5139 Final Photo Assets

…they’ve wanted to watch The Amazing Race, so we’ve added that to our family’s list..but that’s about it.

So, today’s post is basically me asking for suggestions.  The shows can be on regular old TV, on Netflix, Amazon…whatever!  We just need some solid, family-friendly, age-appropriate TV show suggestions.  Please help a mama out.  I just don’t think I can watch another episode of Liv and Maddie 😉 .

Comment and share!  Happy Talk Tuesday!

xo

Print Friendly
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 16, 2017 at 4:40 am

I must be showing my age… I know none of these shows! Though I guess I’m still in my 20s so I grew up with Hannah Montana, which wasn’t too long ago…

• Kristen May 16, 2017 at 5:16 am

My 11 year old son and I love Once Upon a Time. He likes be recognizes characters and the plot lines keep him interested enough to where we always have a discussion.

• Jessie May 16, 2017 at 9:46 am

Once Upon a Time is our favorite, too! My girls are 8 and 11 and have watched every episode. There is a little bit of grown-up stuff, but it makes for good discussion and I prefer that to the attitudes and whatnot that come with the Disney shows. We also love Food Network. Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen are favorites for the kids. I find they’re much more adventurous with their food choices because of watching these, too!

• Danielle McDermott May 16, 2017 at 4:43 am

Liv and Maddie is ROUGH! The girls I babysit love it and I can’t stand it haha. For Kensington (and smith if he’s interested- the little girls would probably be too young) I’ve been youtubing Lizzie McGuire which was a favorite of mine from the early 2000s MUCH better than liv and maddie and the girls agreed as well haha. Same thing with that’s so raven. Girl meets world is pretty good too

• Kim May 16, 2017 at 4:55 am

My kids love
    Stuck in the Middle (Disney)
    Star Wars Lego
    Phinneus & Ferb
    Pokémon
    Chopped Junior & regular Chopped
    Bake Off (Spring & kids)
    Just Add Magic (Amazon)
    Fuller House (Netflix)

• jamie May 16, 2017 at 5:54 am

YES! just add magic!

• jamie May 16, 2017 at 5:05 am

i nothing for you. however, my 27-year-old daughter sings along with opening theme songs with great enthusiasm and it cracks me up. does your family sing the opening songs together? i’m excited to follow the comments!

• Mix and Match Mama May 16, 2017 at 5:09 am

EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!

• Jennie May 16, 2017 at 5:06 am

My kids always watched a lot of PBS-some shows are on YouTube. They liked Wild Kratts, Sid the Science Kid, Cyberchase (good math concepts), Reading Rainbow, and of course Sesame Street!

• Angie N May 16, 2017 at 5:08 am

My kids LOVE Food Network so we watch a lot of Chopped Junior, Kids BBQ Championship, Kids Food Network Star, and Guy’s Grocery Games.

• Meagan Ruse May 16, 2017 at 5:19 am

Mine loved Chopped junior!

• Kari May 16, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Chopped Junior was going to be my suggestion too! My 4 year old loves it, and it’s entertaining for me as well!

• Tara G. May 16, 2017 at 5:12 am

My kids enjoyed Liberty’s Kids. My youngest loves Andy Griffith. And they all like Chopped Jr.

• Carrie May 16, 2017 at 5:13 am

Just Add Magic is fun, it is Amazon prime. My oldest and I just finished season 1 of Netflix new remake of Anne with an E. That was very well done however there are some very dark spots and an episode about menstruation. I was surprised as it is Anne of Green Gables! The Good Witch series and movies are family friendly. My girls both love Fuller House. We also do planet earth and BBC animal shows.

• Mary-Charles May 16, 2017 at 5:15 am

Try some food network shows, kids chopped, kids BBQ championship, cupcake wars.. I teach 2nd grade and my kids love those shows! Sometimes they are on Netflix too!

• Jami Lee May 16, 2017 at 5:17 am

Check out Kickin’ It if it’s still on Netflix. It was a Disney show a few years ago about a group of karate kids. My kids loved it, my husband and I got a few laughs out of it too.

• Lisa Kasiski May 16, 2017 at 5:19 am

I binge-watched “The Brady Bunch” on Hulu with my son last summer. He loved it! Now I have my fourth graders hooked. It is full of 70’s charm and a simpler time. Also consider “Leave it to Beaver”. We loved that, too. These shows have great talking points as a character in each episode usually learns a lesson. Pure parent/teacher gold!

Love your family! I look forward to reading your blog each morning. ❤️
    Lisa

• kathy May 16, 2017 at 6:51 am

Yes, I agree – those older shows are pure gold. The Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, and especially I Love Lucy. Kids still love those and they are fun to watch as a family:)

• Kim May 16, 2017 at 3:29 pm

I love the old shows too. Little House on the Prairie is a favorite. When Calls the Heart on the Hallmark Channel is also a good family show for maybe 8 and up.

• Meagan Ruse May 16, 2017 at 5:19 am

“Uh oh uh oh ooo-oooh! Hey Jessie! Hey Jessie!” They. Love. It.

• Chrissie May 16, 2017 at 5:19 am

We watch Survivor as a family! They love the challenges, plus my husband and I like it too.

• Christina May 23, 2017 at 3:29 pm

We have watched Survivor together as a family for years too! Its a great show, not only for challenges, but there are great lessons about what to do when you feel left out, why you should be nice to everyone, just life strategies and lessons. Thursday nights are our “Survivor Nights” (because my kids go to bed at 8, which is when they air on Weds, so we have to watch the next day) and the kids never fail to remind me what day it is. They absolutely love it!

We were a little shocked this year when I was sitting with my 7 and 9 year old and one of the contestants was outed as being transgendered. Ugh! Of course, my kids then wanted to know what that was, so we had to have an entire discussion that I was not prepared to have. That said, it ended up being a good discussion…but man, I wish they would’ve given me a warning before hand! Sheesh!

• Jenn Mills May 16, 2017 at 5:23 am

My youngest watches a lot of food network type shows! Chopped, chopped Jr., they also like Dude Perfect on YouTube (Smith might enjoy it) and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn.

• Samantha B. May 16, 2017 at 5:27 am

My 12yr old son has liked all of those shows, too. We just sold our home and now living with my 89yr old grandmother while we take on the remodel of the now fixer upper I grew up in. He adores watching the Andy Griffith Show with her every night, and honestly, we do, too. It’s good, clean comedy with life lessons that we all enjoy watching.

• JD May 16, 2017 at 5:29 am

We don’t have cable. The kids watch PBS shows – Super Why, Dinosaur Train, Wild Kratts, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, and Odd Squad.

Annedroids on Amazon is great for all ages. It’s about a girl building robots and her friends. There is no annoying music.

• Aja May 16, 2017 at 5:32 am

My kids are K&S’ ages, but both boys, and their new favorite is Lab Rats. They went through a major Bunk’d phase. Luckily my mom is a huge TV person so they always discover new shows when they stay over there and watch TV with Nina. 🙂

• Becky Simpson May 16, 2017 at 5:33 am

Well my kids are closer to Madeley and Ashby….We are all about Peppa Pig, Mackey Mouse Clubhouse, and the dreadful Caillou.

• Aimee Feather May 16, 2017 at 5:34 am

Shay, go watch Little House on the Prarie!! (We watch on Amazon.). My girls are 5 and 7 and they LOVE watching this show. We watch as s family, together every week. The subject matter varies, but even for more serious topics, I would say the writers and producers did a wonderful job of handling it all. My girls are learning so much watching it and enjoying it at the same time. It’s a very special show! (We are currently watching season 3 of 9.)

• Melissa G May 16, 2017 at 5:34 am

Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn

• Sheaffer Sims May 16, 2017 at 5:34 am

We watch a lot of Nat Geo Wild around here!

• allison May 16, 2017 at 5:35 am

My son finished Hey Jessie and Bunk’d and is currently watching Liv and Maddie so this made me laugh. He also enjoyed Lab Rats although it doesn’t seem that different to me.

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 5:36 am

My 6 year old still likes a lot of the PBSkids shows. Odd Squad is one that isn’t a cartoon. He likes the kids cooking shows and some of the other Food Network shows that were mentioned. Also, American Ninja Warrior and Little Big Shots. In Netflix, he likes Beat Bugs and old Bill Nye shows. We also watched the Series of Unfortunate Events together.

• Jessica O'Keefe May 16, 2017 at 5:37 am

Nature documentaries on Netflix…we are watching South Pacific now!

• Rachel May 16, 2017 at 5:38 am

My kids (about to turn 6 and 8), love Wild Kratts and Odd Squad. And I love the educational aspect of both these shows. They also like Chopped Junior and Food Network Star (kid version).

• Jade May 16, 2017 at 5:40 am

A series that has been on for years on the UP Network is called Heartland, very family friendly and there is like 8 seasons available on Netflix, highly recommend!!!
    Also Chopped Junior, Kids Baking Championship, Guy’s Grocery Games, Diners Drive-ins & Dives (Food Network), Toy Box (ABC), Good Luck Charlie (Netflix or Amazon?)
    I hope that helps!

• Laurie Daigle May 16, 2017 at 5:40 am

We go old-school with their very favorite, “Leave it to Beaver,” but also “Flipper,” “Father Knows Best,” and “The Monkeys.” My kids love these shows and don’t even notice that some are in lack and white!

• Kelly Downum May 16, 2017 at 5:40 am

We love Chopped Junior, Chopped, Cake Wars, Worst Cooks in America, and Brain Games!! The old America’s Funniest Videos has been a favorite around here, too!

• Michelle May 16, 2017 at 5:41 am

My kids are about the same ages as yours, and they currently love
    Henry Danger (nickelodeon)
    The Thundermans (Nickelodeon)
    Paradise Run (kids competition show on Nick)
    Fuller House (Netflix)
    KC undercover (Disney)

And then older stuff on Netflix
    Hannah Montana
    Kickin’ It

I’m sure there are more but that’s all I can think of. Gotta go try to get the Bunk’d theme song out of my head now! 😉

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 5:42 am

Good Luck Charlie is on Netflix. I like that show!

• JulieL May 16, 2017 at 5:43 am

Now I have the Bunk’d song stuck in my head…

• Tara Hall May 16, 2017 at 5:44 am

America’s Funniest Videos – my boys LOVE this and we all laugh so hard! Also my boys love watching American Ninja Warrior. For fun – DVR some episodes of Price is Right – we did last summer & enjoyed watching it every once in a while!

• Jenny Cox May 16, 2017 at 5:45 am

I feel your pain, we watch the same shows here. Lol. Try Girl Meets World. It’s cute and reminds me of growing up watching Boy Meets World since the same main characters are in it.

• Lesley McFarland May 16, 2017 at 5:47 am

Wow this is kinda a tough one considering I cannot stand half the shows on Disney. The kids are so annoying to me. But my kids still watch all the shows!!
    We also watch old episodes of Full House. When I am over alllllll the theme songs and start singing them out loud I make them watch the discovery channel, nat geo or my daughter and can watch fixer upper and alllll the HGTV shows.
    Really and truely there is NOTHING on TV that I just absolutely love for my kids to watch.

• Mlee May 16, 2017 at 5:48 am

We love watching American Ninja Warrior ?

But also Chopped Junior and even some HGTv shows like Property Brothers and Tiny Houses.

• Shelley Holden May 16, 2017 at 5:49 am

Fuller House- Netflix
    Just Add Magic- Amazon
    The Kicks- Amazon
    CHopped and CHopped Jr- Food Network
    Kids Baking Championship- Food Network
    American Ninja Warrior
    And they like some shows on HGTV
    I also bought the box sets of DVDs for the Brady Bunch, Full House and Little House on the Prarie and my girls have loved all of these.

• Lauren May 16, 2017 at 5:52 am

Hi! My kids (boy – 5 and girl -7) love two shows on Amazon. Just Add Magic (a show about cooking with a magic cookbook!) and The Kicks (a show about a girls’ soccer team, based on books written by the soccer pro Alex Morgan). They are so good that I don’t want to watch them without me so I don’t miss anything!

• Courtney May 16, 2017 at 5:52 am

I agree with Angie, the Food Network has great cooking shows for the kiddos. Also Fuller House is on Netflix, and with it being a continuation of Full House it’s a must watch. The kids don’t have to know anything about Full House to watch it, it just helps 🙂 Also, I have been into Little Big Shots recently. It may give them some inspiration to try something new?

Can’t wait to read all of the suggestions!
    XO
    Courtney

• Kristen May 16, 2017 at 5:53 am

My 7 year old loves kids baking championship! ( and all those disney shows too?)

• Brandi May 16, 2017 at 5:55 am

Amazing Race used to be good, but sometimes feels a little inappropriate for little eyes and ears. Watch but be cautious. My kids love all that you’ve listed and Good Luck Charlie, Stuck in the Middle, Bizaardvark, and Bella and the Bulldogs.

• Jessica winne May 16, 2017 at 5:55 am

American ninja warrior and little big shots : )

• Christina May 16, 2017 at 5:55 am

We watch a lot of full house. The older episodes from when we were kids. Fun to have them watch a show that we watched. Plus most of the content is appropriate

• jamie May 16, 2017 at 5:57 am

Gordimer Gibbons Life on Easy Street {amazon}

• Jillian May 16, 2017 at 7:10 am

My friends kiddos looooove this one (5&9 year old)

• Sarah Shaneyfelt May 16, 2017 at 5:58 am

The Magic School Bus on Netflix! I think all of your kids would love it!

• Lori Reggio May 16, 2017 at 5:58 am

We love the oldies….little house on the prairie. brady bunch, full house. fuller house i screen, sometimes little inappropriate for a 5 year old!!

• Kaleena May 16, 2017 at 6:04 am

We love Austin & Ally and Good Luck Charlie which are both Disney shows. We also like Master Chef Junior when it is on.

• Tamara R. May 16, 2017 at 6:04 am

Henry Danger, America’s Funniest Home Videos and Little Big Shots (do you have AppleTV? If these last two are not on regular TV you can find them on You Tube app on AppleTV)

• Brooke May 16, 2017 at 6:06 am

My son thinks MacGyver (the old and new) is the coolest show ever.

• Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams May 16, 2017 at 6:07 am

I recommend Good Luck Charlie if you can find it, it’s no longer in production at the Disney channel! I think it’s one of the sweeter Disney shows about a sister who leaves notes to her younger sister.

• Emily May 16, 2017 at 6:07 am

My kids (8, 6, and 4) love to watch Survivor, American Ninja Warrior, and the Wall.

• Emmy May 16, 2017 at 6:10 am

My boys are 6 and 9 and the 6 yr old is still into Paw Patrol, Star Wars Lego, etc….but more often than not, ends up just watching whatever the 9 yo wants to 🙂 Lately that’s been Henry Danger, the Thundermans and School of Rock (all on Nick I believe) For cartoons, they both like Garfield and Inspector Gadget on Netflix.

• Hollie May 16, 2017 at 6:11 am

Our family show is America’s Funniest Home Videos. It’s a Sunday tradition that the whole family loves! We also like America Ninja Warrior. Sometimes they love those animal documentaries on discovery and such.

• Tori Hammett May 16, 2017 at 6:11 am

My kids LOVED the kids baking championship. There are at least 3 seasons now and it is such a great show with kids encouraging and supporting each other while competing.

• Erin May 16, 2017 at 6:11 am

My kids love, love, love The Great British Baking Show. My 9 year old also loves The Voice.

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 6:12 am

My girls (5 and 3) love Hoopla Kids on Netflix and other little song shows haha! We also used to watch a lot of Busy Beavers on YouTube! It’s educational and again, full of songs!!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog,com

• Cori Baird May 16, 2017 at 6:14 am

Little House on the Prairie ( if you can find the DVD’s or it is on Netflix… Our library had the DVD sets), Americna Ninja Warrior, Shark Tank, The Voice, Full House, America’s Got Talent. I always have things on DVR so we can forward through commercials or anything questionable. We have gotten really good at strategically pausing to get them to go brush teeth or do a chore. (you sort of have to watch out for some songs and some of the back stories on the Voice). We also love Food Network…any and all of the above that Angie just mentioned! Check the guide for the History Chanel, Discovery, etc and sometimes there are good documenteries to watch depending on their interests.

My daughter and I watch When Calls the Heart, but she is 13 so you are a few years away
    from that one. It’s a sweet one to keep in mind for later.

• Cori Baird May 16, 2017 at 6:18 am

Just reading some of the previous posts…Yes to Funniest Home Videos! It’s awesome for the WHOLE family! Even Your little ones might sit for some of that. If you can get them into game shows Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune might be cute, too!

• Annette May 16, 2017 at 6:18 am

My girls, now high school and college, love reruns of Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, I Love Lucy, Dick Vandyke Show, Brady Bunch, Batman, Inspector Gadget, Lizzie McGuire, Fairly Odd Parents, Comfy Couch. Most can be found on Hulu, Amazon Prime or YouTube.

• Narci Dreffs May 16, 2017 at 6:19 am

These are some great ideas! We are going to check these out!

• Connie May 16, 2017 at 6:22 am

My daughter likes Good Luck Charlie. It ended not long ago, (she was so bummed) but Netflix you can catch them. Full House of course. Tangled the new series, Teen Titans and Spongebob. And I have all 5 seasons of The Brady Bunch on DVD we watch sometimes. My son thinks he’s too old to watch some stuff now. He’s a teenager. HAHA! He does enjoy watching Fuller House though-which we watched over a few days after it came out on Netflix. We don’t watch all these daily of course. No time for that with school, softball, baseball and dance etc.

• Connie May 16, 2017 at 6:26 am

I forgot to mention we like Austin and Ally on DIsney channel too. They show reruns, but it ended as well. 🙂

• Lauren May 16, 2017 at 6:23 am

My older two girls (6 and 8) love Little House on the Prairie!

• Molly May 16, 2017 at 6:23 am

Although college age now, my 2 daughters and 1 son are close in age (all 3 within 4 years) and I struggled with programming even when they were young. My solution was to purchase my favorite program ever on DVD…Little House on the Prairie. Everyone loved it, including my son. The historical perspective even inspired family activities, crafts, and trips that we might not otherwise have thought about!

• Shannon Grundy May 16, 2017 at 6:24 am

iCarly, Full House, Good Luck Charlie and of course The Brady Bunch, are all favorites at our house.

• Amy May 16, 2017 at 6:29 am

American Ninja Warrior in the summer, Shark Tank, Phineas and Ferb (funny grown up gems mixed in with the kid humor!), Great British Baking Show. My tolerance for the annoying Dinsey Shows is low. ?

• Karen May 16, 2017 at 6:31 am

I have a 9 and 10 year old, boy and girl. We watch Food Network but there is a cuss word here or there on Some of them like Chopped. But the kid version of the show are obviously cleaner. We also watch American Ninja Warrior which will be having new episodes soon. I heard that the show called The Middle is also a good family sitcom. Has reruns on some channels but new episodes in aBC, I believe.

• Christy Latimore May 16, 2017 at 6:37 am

We watch Stuck in the Middle and American Ninja Warrior as a family. My seven year old also enjoys Henry Danger, and I can do that one most of the time, and also Crashletes with Rob Gronkowski… I only have boys, so I’m not sure how Kensington would feel about all of those.

• Melissa May 16, 2017 at 6:44 am

Andy Griffith on Netflix and Gilligan’s island on amazon.

• Sara H May 16, 2017 at 6:46 am

Just Add Magic on Amazon prime. The three characters cook all these recipes with magical ingredients. When my daughter was home sick for a few days back in the winter, we watched the whole first season in two days!

• Marcy May 16, 2017 at 6:47 am

The Magic School Bus, Original Full House and new Fuller House, American Ninja Warrior

• Tiffany May 16, 2017 at 6:51 am

We loved watching Billy the Exterminator w our daughter when she was little. She’s in high school and still likes watching it w us. It’s fun to see the different animals he encounters, we love how animal friendly he is, and it’s interesting to see how he handles each situation.

• Leah Garry May 16, 2017 at 6:51 am

My girls are 8 and 6. They love Good Luck Charlie. That is on Netflix but we also have it set to record any that come on regular TV as well. They have watched every single Good Luck Charlie episode! They also enjoy watching Andi Mack. Both are wholesome cute, 30 minute Disney sitcoms.

• Leslee May 16, 2017 at 6:53 am

We watch a lot of baseball and old shows like other have mentioned…Andy Griffith, Brady Bunch. I finally said no more Disney. The characters are not nice. The little kids are sassy and while it’s “a joke” they are demeaning and often talk down to adults. The dads are usually portrayed as fools and the moms are either sort of snotty and self-righteous or foolish too. And I am not one of those moms AT ALL. But once I began to listen I noticed it over and over. Very disappointing.

• Karen May 16, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I have a 15 year space between my last two girls so we haven’t watched Disney since Lizzie McGuire. I was hoping Disney hadn’t changed, but I guess it’s a sign of the times…..boo my youngest is 9 and age doesn’t watch much tv ~ thx for replying

• Tracy May 16, 2017 at 6:57 am

Older shows but they might like The Suite Life of Zach & Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, and Full House (the original), Cosby Show, and That’s So Raven.

• Jill May 16, 2017 at 6:59 am

My boys are 7 & 9, we watch all the same ones. They also watch Stuck in the Middle, Andi Mack. On Netflix, they watch HOME, Troll Hunters, Looney Tunes, Lego Ninjago. I attempted to get them to watch He-Man and She-ra but they weren’t hooked! We also watch the kids cooking shows and America’s Funniest Home Videos.
    They will watch the same episode so many times in a row which is insanity! Sometimes if they don’t want to watch something new, I send them to the basement so I don’t have to hear it again!!!

Good luck!

• Amy May 16, 2017 at 7:00 am

We watched the new Planet Earth season together as a family and my boys loved it! We also watched Beat Bugs on Netflix together!

• Lauren May 16, 2017 at 7:00 am

Dancing With the Stars, Master Chef Jr. Cupcake wars, Fuller House.

• Becky May 16, 2017 at 7:03 am

I haven’t read all of these (but I’m looking forward to doing so, because we need more ideas), but we love Stuck in the Middle, American Ninja Warrior, kid stuff on the Food Network, and I think Ashby and Madeley would love Masha the Bear on Netflix…it’s the absolute sweetest!

• Misty Caudle May 16, 2017 at 7:05 am

My kids love, love, love Good Luck Charlie on Netflix(former Disney show) It is just a great family show and it’s hilarious too.

• Lena May 16, 2017 at 7:06 am

I watched heartland (from Canada, on netflix) with my kids, also when calls the heart (hallmark channel, also on netflix). My daughter also loves the original full house series. I was going to buy little house on the prarie to see if they liked those. Good luck!

• Beth Miller May 16, 2017 at 7:09 am

I don’t know how you stand those tween Disney shows. The kids are so sarcastic and rude to the parents. We still watch a lot of Disney Junior. Puppy Dog Pals is our new favorite bc we have a pug! My girls are 8 and 4. They also love the Magic School Bus, How to Train Your Dragon (show and movies), and He-Man!

• Leslee May 16, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Yes! I felt bad but I said the same thing in an above comment. The characters are so rude.

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 7:10 am

My kids loved Lab Rats, Good Luck Charlie (even caught the husband laughing at this one) and Mighty Med. All on Netflix.

• Jillian May 16, 2017 at 7:13 am

I ordered 4 seasons of Punky Brewster on DVD when I was in college for nostalgic reasons, and now my girls who are 5 &7 LOVE to watch it!

• Kara May 16, 2017 at 7:20 am

I have an 8 year old little guy and he loves The Loud House and Crashletes on Nick. It’s so adorable to hear him laughing so hard. My 13 year old daughter loves old movies…Gone with the Wind, Singing in the Rain…basically anything on TCM channel.

• Hannah May 16, 2017 at 7:21 am

Full house and fuller house!

• Rachel Martin May 16, 2017 at 7:25 am

Master Chef Junior is a really good show that we can all watch and enjoy!

• Giang May 16, 2017 at 7:25 am

Hi-5 on Netflix for young kids, maybe 5 and younger. It’s a great song and dance show.

• Anne Zehring May 16, 2017 at 7:26 am

My kids love Wild Kratts, Octonauts, and The Magic School Bus. I like those shows because they’re teaching the kids something too. We also enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show together. My kids also liked watching Man v Food. That one will make you hungry though. Or gross you out. ?

• Kristina B May 16, 2017 at 7:28 am

We as a family watched “Good Luck, Charlie” & “iCarly”; those were my two favorites. Most of the others drove me nuts ?. Have you tried “The Brady Bunch”? Also, not a show but rather a documentary – we all really enjoyed “On the Way to School”. It was on Netflix when we watched it but you know how they add & take things away all the time! It’s about how kids in different countries get to school. VERSy interesting, and I’m sure your older two would really find it eye opening! In an appropriate way. ?

• Julie May 19, 2017 at 7:05 pm

My family also really loved On the Way to School! Gives a very eye-opening view of how other kids live in some other countries.

• heidi May 16, 2017 at 7:29 am

Some great suggestions!
    My kids are a little older and I just made some new rules. They watch Ricky, dicky dawn. . After a few episodes thought what the heck. . The dad is treated like such a moron, I can’t stand it.
    Then victorious. .. there are never any parents around.
    Every show I was like. Ugh I can’t stand how whiny and bratty they are. My kids love them and it makes me wanna scream lol
    My 10 yr old loves survivor, and I’m going to look into the cooking shows suggested.
    My 13yr old loves house hunters lol

• Becky May 16, 2017 at 7:32 am

We just finished Pioneer Quest on Amazon Prime. My 5 and 7 year old girls loved watching it with me. It was filmed in 2000 in Manitoba Canada and 2 couples have to live as Pioneers for a year and they get 100,000 at the end. It is absolutely fascinating, hahaha! I know it’s random but so good!

• Helena May 16, 2017 at 7:33 am

How about old shows like Growing Pains and Family Ties?

• Catherine May 16, 2017 at 7:50 am

We only have Netflix and Hulu so we watch what’s available there. My 3 year old is Octonauts and Doc McStuffins obsessed. But my boys are 7 & 8, favorites as a family are: Master Chef Jr (I think the only Hulu show we really watch as a family) then on Netflix we have a lot. Dinotrux, How to Train Your Dragon Race to the Edge (big HTYD family here), and we loved Troll Hunters but it’s only 1 season so far. The boys just started Voltron, we don’t watch that as a family as much as that’s their show to watch while they fold thier laundry. 😉

• Tara May 16, 2017 at 7:52 am

My kids love Odd Squad on PBS. They also just started watching Annedroids which is on Amazon.

• Abbe May 16, 2017 at 7:53 am

Go old school!!! Our kids love Get Smart, Andy Griffith and Full House!

• Nicole F May 16, 2017 at 7:54 am

American Ninja Warrior. The contestants are pretty inspiring! We also enjoyed Wipeout when the kids were about your kids age. Both are challenging obstacle courses contestants have to physically compete to finish. The first is inspiring and the second is funny.

• Corey May 16, 2017 at 7:55 am

We’ve been streaming old episodes of Double Dare and my kids are obsessed. They also love Americas funniest home videos.

• Karen Ward May 16, 2017 at 7:58 am

When my daughter was younger, she loved watching The Wild Thornberrys. I’m not sure if it’s on Netflix or not. Maybe it’s on DVD somewhere??

• Alicia F May 16, 2017 at 7:59 am

My kids (8,6 and 3) really like nickelodeon shows. The Thundermans, Henry Danger, The Loud House, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn are probably the top. While I have started to see my fair share of Henry Danger and The Thundermans, they are really cute shows and totally family friendly. Odd Squad is good from PBS. My husband and I love watching Phineas and Ferb (disney) with the kids. It is seriously well written and hilarious. It is a little fast paced, character driven for our youngest, so we don’t get to watch it as much as the boys would like. All worth watching though!

• Jennifer May 16, 2017 at 7:59 am

It’s a cartoon, buy my 6 year olds love it… The Loud House (I secretly kinda like it too… definitely my fave of the cartoons). It’s about a boy with 10 sisters!

• Heather May 16, 2017 at 8:03 am

Ditto on Just Add Magic, and can’t believe no one has mentioned Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street! Other shows: The Carbonaro Effect ( magic show – also try to see him live – so good!) , Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (netflix), The Mystery of Matter (PBS), When Calls the Heart or Good Witch (hallmark), Little House on the Prairie/Brady Bunch, Mako Mermaids (kinda embarrassed to include this one!), Planet Earth, Magic School Bus, Liberty’s Kids series (DVD), Anne with an E (Netflix – however may want K to read Anne of Green Gables first and maybe watch original – this one is NOT like the others) and Hunter Street (Nickelodeon). i have a 10 year old boy and 5 year old girl. These shows are more for my 10 yo but they are fine for my 5 year old -just over her head. My 10 year old still likes to watch Phineas and Ferb but that show drives me nuts.

• Ashley May 16, 2017 at 8:06 am

We love watching American Ninja Warrior and the Planet Earth series as a family! I would suggest giving those a try.

• Natalie Clark May 16, 2017 at 8:08 am

I haven’t started watching it yet, but my sister has been raving about The Great American Baking Show. She says that her, her husband and all her kiddos (ages 8, 6 and 4) all LOVE it!! It sounds like something your family would love too!

• Angie May 16, 2017 at 8:09 am

We love to watch cooking shows as a family, they come on and off Netflix, so what’s available seems to change regularly – like we all love Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen, but those are no longer available on Netflix! We just finished watching The Great British Baker, and we all loved it!! My kids are 8 and 10. 🙂

• Lindsay D May 16, 2017 at 8:10 am

My kids love watching the Amazing Race with us (ages 7 & 6)!! It’s fun to see where we might want to travel next!!

What about Little House on the Prairie? They might like the books as well.

• Karen M May 16, 2017 at 8:11 am

Some of my favorites growing up were Lassie, Bewitched, Emergency and Eight is Enough. Not sure any of these are available for streaming, etc., but sticking with some of the old shows is a great bet for kids these days if you want to stay family friendly. Don’t forget the old westerns too, Bonanza and The Big Valley. Great shows!

• Stephanie May 16, 2017 at 8:13 am

Masterchef Jr. is awesome! My 9 year old niece and my 2 year old loves it too! You can watch the old ones on Netflix or Amazon too – can’t remember which. With your cooking skills your family would love it – it is amazing what those kids do.

• Briana N. Lee May 16, 2017 at 8:15 am

I’ve seen a couple others in the comments recommend Just Add Magic and I have to second (or third?) that! It’s the perfect show for kids and adults alike. The girls are super cute and I love that it primarily focuses on their friendship and relationship with the main character’s grandma as opposed to the ‘boy crazy’ shows that seem to always be on Disney and Nickelodeon.

• Amanda May 16, 2017 at 8:16 am

My girls are 5 and 9 and we watch a lot of Henry Danger and The Thundermans (Nickelodeon). They are really cute shows!

• Lindsay D May 16, 2017 at 8:17 am

Forgot to add…they love The Great British Baking Show as well!! One of the judges, Mary Berry, is leaving but it’s really good! They also love watching old Disney movies such as Pollyanna, The Apply Dumpling Gang, Thomasina, Newsies, Toby Tyler. Also, Heidi with Shirley Temple.

• Beth May 16, 2017 at 8:17 am

Studio C. It’s kind of like Saturday Night Live but 100% kid appropriate.

• Amanda @ That Inspired Chick May 16, 2017 at 8:17 am

We love watching Brain Games together (on Netflix)! It really is neat to see how your brain can play tricks on you and it’s interactive too so everyone gets pretty tuned in and then amazed when they get an answer wrong even though they were SO SURE it was right! The littles might be too young to get it but the rest of y’all would like it! We also love Masterchef, Jr., anything on HGTV (they love Property Brothers) and American Ninja Warrior. And yes. we are all too familiar with those Disney shows too!! Now I have the Jessie theme song stuck in my head.

That Inspired Chick

• Kristy Best May 16, 2017 at 8:18 am

For Ashby & Madely, they might enjoy Creative Galaxy on Amazon. My two are 4-1/2 and they love it! It’s super cute and inspires all kinds of creative art experiences that you can do together (think homemade bath crayons, snow globes, pop-up books, etc.).

• Darbi May 16, 2017 at 8:20 am

We have gone old school and ordered complete series from the 90s. My kids love Saved by the Bell, Punky Brewster, Full House, and Boy Meets World!

• Krystal May 16, 2017 at 8:21 am

We have a 7 year old and we love to watch America’s Funniest Videos (AFV) as a family. We look forward to it every week 🙂

• Ranisa Brletich May 16, 2017 at 9:30 am

My kids love AFV!

• Cindy May 16, 2017 at 8:23 am

Hi my girls just graduated high school and they will still watch Time warp trio, grossology, magic school bus, cyber chase, liberty kids. Also, Lizzie McGuire, Hanna Montana and Kim Possible. Also, see what your public library has, sometimes they have the older shows. Good Luck

• Emalie Jean Barber May 16, 2017 at 8:23 am

Boy Meets World the early years!! And then as they get older the older ones as well 🙂 Sabrina the teenage witch, oldie but goodie! Not the cartoon though! Recess is an old cartoon and was GREAT! Icarly, Hannah Montana, That’s So Raven. Kim Possible. ALL oldies but so good! You can find some on Freeform (the old ABC family)

• sarah May 16, 2017 at 8:24 am

We have watched every episode of Kickin’ it. Super cute show!!

• Carley May 16, 2017 at 8:24 am

If you have Netflix then y’all should watch Good Luck Charlie! I would even watch it without the kids – it’s the BEST!

• Kim May 16, 2017 at 8:25 am

I love all the suggestions! Many have mentioned but Just Add Magic is great on Amazon Prime. My kids were so hooked they binged watched it in a weekend so now we need more suggestions! They also love Kickin It.

• Angie May 16, 2017 at 8:28 am

My girls love the food channel – especially Chopped and Chopped Jr. and many shows on HGTV. Flip or Flop, House Hunters, Property Brothers. They are fun to watch as a family! (My girls are 9 and 12)

• Jen May 16, 2017 at 8:28 am

Shaun the Sheep! Everyone laughs (even the adults) and the littles don’t have to worry about missing any of the language (because there really isn’t any!).

• Kerrie May 16, 2017 at 8:31 am

My 6 year old just discovered “The Magic School Bus” on Netflix. It is a cartoon I grew up watching as a kid and it doesn’t annoy me like the ones on cable do. And it is educational, so there are always talking points and follow up questions that stir up a good conversation too. One more than one occasion an episode has led to a trip to the library to get a book on the same topic so we could learn some more the following day. We have really been enjoying that show together.

• Courtney May 16, 2017 at 8:33 am

We watched Good Luck Charlie when it was on and loved it. We like Stuck in the Middle and we recorded all 9 seasons of Little House on the Prairie from ‘insp’ channel. I just did a search for it on Dish Network and DVR’d the whole series. My 5th and 3rd grade boys love it!

• Jamie May 16, 2017 at 8:34 am

Take them back to some of your childhood shows or shows from the 90’s! Boy meets World and now Disney has Boy meets Girl spin off! Saved by the Bell, Home Improvement. I’m not too familiar with “now” kid shows, but just a few thoughts!

• Kirsten May 16, 2017 at 8:38 am

LIZZIE MCGUIRE. It’s timeless and it’s one of those that I still go back and watch every now and then as an adult 🙂 Also, Boy Meets World is a classic and kind of has a moral to every episode.

• Kali May 16, 2017 at 8:39 am

Definitely Phineas and Ferb!! It’s on Netflix and still comes on Disney later at night… I liked it when I was younger and still watch it now at 22… so adults and kiddos alike love it

• Tasha May 16, 2017 at 8:40 am

My daughter is 9. We like:
    Phineas & Ferb – hubby’s and my favourite
    Gravity Falls
    Sponge Bob Square Pants
    American Ninja Warrior
    Funniest Home Videos
    Stuck in the Middle – bonus points for starring a tween who is pleasant and not full of sass like the other Disney girls

• Rachel May 16, 2017 at 8:44 am

My 6 year old son watches a lot of marble run videos on YouTube. He downloaded the computer program and makes his own runs now, Smith may like it. It’s called Algodoo. He watches Magic School Bus, Wild Kratts, and Odd Squad on Netflix. Sometimes he likes Animal Mechanical. Beat Bugs is really cute and uses The Beatles songs in each episode. Madeley and Ashby may like the LeapFrog shows to work on letters, numbers, and colors.

• Kim Francis May 16, 2017 at 8:45 am

I have a daughter who will be 9 in a few weeks….cue the tears! She loves kids baking shows also….your kids may get too much of that at home 😉 Every morning while eating breakfast before school she gets 30 mins of tv time and she always picks old school Full House!!! As a family we watch Little Big Shots and AFV (Americas Funniest Videos)

• SC May 16, 2017 at 8:46 am

My 12 year old son loved all the PBS shows – cyberchase and Wild Kratts. He still loves American Ninja Warrior and he really likes the How to Train Your Dragon series on Netflix. We had to take a break from it because he had basically memorized the whole thing & he kept retelling the episodes blow by blow to me, bless his heart! My older kids liked magic school bus and veggietales. I highly recommend the Anne of Green Gables (the original series – haven’t seen the new ones). The first two (Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea) were wonderful. The last one was a little dark & even I didn’t enjoy it.

• Brittany B May 16, 2017 at 8:47 am

We watch those same shows, too. My two oldest (two girls) are pretty much the same age as your two oldest and they also like to watch Stuck in the Middle(not annoying/bratty), Full House(we dvr reruns and own one season on dvd), Fuller House(although it’s almost too inappropriate for me–unfortunately), Rock the Park(on Saturdays and Netflix), kids cooking shows (Chopped Jr, Kids Baking Championship).

• Erika De Jong May 16, 2017 at 8:50 am

For your 2 littlest…on Netflix, there is a show called Puffin Rock that is adorable! My 3 year old (and even my 7 year old) love it! A family of puffins live on a little island and interact with different animals. The opening song is cute too!

• Melissa May 16, 2017 at 8:51 am

Good Luck Charlie is adorable and also Dog with a Blog! Not sure if either of these are on demand or Netflix but both are the cutest!

• Erin Moore May 16, 2017 at 8:52 am

I had to comment to this one because my husband and I talk about this all the time. My 9 year old loves Liv and Maddie (and I think it’s cute too), but as a family we usually watch old Mayberry re-runs on TV Land, my 9 year and 5 year old both enjoy it; or some of the fun cooking shows on the Food Network like Guy’s Grocery Games and Cuthroat Kitchen or any of the baking challenges.

• Katie Wenner May 16, 2017 at 8:52 am

My kids are 10 and 7 and are really into Nickelodeon shows – The Loud House and Henry Danger are their favorites (and mine, too…I love The Loud House! Such a cute, clever show.) They also liked Hunter Street when it was on. And every week we watch America’s Funniest Home Videos together. They also have been fans of Wild Kratts and Odd Squad for years.

• Debbie May 16, 2017 at 8:53 am

My kids are now 23, 21 and 17, but they loved Lizzy McGuire, The Suite Life, Saved by the Bell, Little House on the Prairie and Full House. My son says that he would be watching Full House and then BAM a life lesson just hits him out of nowhere!!! So I find him sometimes watching that now! Funny!!

• Michelle B. May 16, 2017 at 8:54 am

See if you can find old Disney shows. Even Stevens was so funny. Lizzie McGuire, Hannah Montana. More current ones in the last few years-Austin and Ally is still on sometimes and it’s pretty funny, Good Luck Charlie, Dog with a Blog. I also agree with the kid cooking shows!!

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 8:56 am

Fuller House and Planet Earth!! You can’t go wrong with either!

• Casey May 16, 2017 at 9:00 am

I loved Girl meets World for the kiddos I babysit. Also Cupcake Wars. Instead of watching TV, we play a lot of quick card games, like SPOONS.

As a child I loved: The Torklesons, Ghost Writer, & Shining Time Station (probably better for the littles).

• Lori May 16, 2017 at 9:04 am

American Ninja Warrior and the Voice are family favorites in our house!

• Michelle May 16, 2017 at 9:10 am

My seven year old son enjoys The Pioneer Woman with me. We as a family LOVE Voltron on Netflix, as well as the How to Train Your Dragon series that’s on Netflix too. My daughter likes PBS shows – Wild Kratts (which is super fun about animals and the whole family likes) and Super Why.

Transformers Robots in Disguise and Rescue Bots are winners too. They are on Netflix. My daughter is two and growing up on “boy” shows. We’ll see how long until she starts asking for princesses and ponies.

Mythbusters is a good one too. Sometimes the language can get a little hairy but the science and explosions are awesome!

• Susie May 16, 2017 at 9:19 am

We have been watching Little Big Shots on Sunday nights. Kids doing amazing things! My 8 (boy) and 4 year old (girl) love it! Also, they have enjoyed good old Andy Griffith (Netflix), especially my 8 year old. He laughs out loud often while watching! But their absolute favorite right now would be Odd Squad on PBS. They are super hooked. I love that there is no arguing about what to watch because they both love it!

• Holly May 16, 2017 at 9:22 am

American Ninja Warrior, The Carbonaro Effect, America’s Funniest Videos, How It’s Made…..my 7 year old boy loves these so we will watch as a family.

• Emily May 16, 2017 at 9:23 am

Phineas and Ferb or Master Chef Jr!

• Christine May 16, 2017 at 9:25 am

Hi! I’ve had six kids, who now range from 26 to 13, and every single one of them has enjoyed The Cosby Show, The Brady Bunch, Perfect Strangers, and Saved by the Bell. They have cycled through and watched all seasons of each over and over again. I remember being a little amazed that they liked the shows I used to watch growing up!

• Ranisa Brletich May 16, 2017 at 9:30 am

I have six kids. Youngest is 5 months and the oldest is 16. They all love phinius and fern. I enjoyed Full House as a kid and thought my girls would like Fuller House. They hated it. They did not like the sexual theme behind a lot of the jokes. Kind of how I love the movie Hocus Pocus. My kids were not impressed with the “boob” comments made by the little sister. Anyone else have kids that feel the same?

• Kfriesen May 16, 2017 at 9:31 am

Hee haw, American funniest home videos, cooking channel or food network competitions.

• Mary May 16, 2017 at 9:32 am

i have no suggestions, but I can’t help but wonder what impact HGTV will have on this generation of kids. Will they move into their college apartment and say “sorry that tile and paint color has to go.” hahaha

• Lauren K May 16, 2017 at 9:33 am

As a family we enjoy Kickin’ It, Lab Rats, Henry Danger,
    The Thundermans, RIDE, & Hunter Street. All are Nick shows except for Kickin’ It & Lab Rats. American Ninja Warriors & Wipeout are hits too!

• Danyelle Kaluski May 16, 2017 at 9:36 am

Full house is a huge winner in our house. As well my daughter loved Good luck Charlie

• Stephanie May 16, 2017 at 10:00 am

I don’t see that anyone has mentioned “Dog with a Blog”. It’s a cute Disney show. You can find reruns.

• Jessica May 16, 2017 at 10:02 am

We like Walk the Prank at our house! I think its on Disney XD? My kids love “pranking” me 😉

• Nichole May 16, 2017 at 10:05 am

Gortimer Gibbons (Amazon) is the best! Great for your older 2. Word of caution on Fuller House. Lots of adult jokes and themes. Lots of references to sex, sexual orientation, and alcohol (especially from Stephanie). I enjoy the show myself as a Full House fan, but my young kids aren’t allowed to watch it.

• Kimberly Penson May 16, 2017 at 10:05 am

Kekewaka!!!!?
    We love Little Big Shots around here.

• Katie May 16, 2017 at 10:17 am

My kids (6,4,3) loooove Fuller House on Netflix! We also like Good Luck Charlie.

• Susan Shelton May 16, 2017 at 10:18 am

Since you guys are a fan of the Disney Channel shows, I would suggest watching some of the older shows that aren’t on anymore. Lizzie McGuire, Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montanna, etc. These are age appropriate shows that I have watched with my kids over the years. I am not sure if Netflix has these or where, but there are some good ones out there.

• Jen Huegel May 16, 2017 at 10:20 am

We love Little Big Shots and America’s Funniest Home Videos!

• Carrissa May 16, 2017 at 10:33 am

My son is only a year, so I dont really have TV suggestions, but my friends daughters (8, 6, & 3) LOVE watching cooking shows like Pioneer Woman and Cupcake Wars. I feel like that would fit with your love of cooking and getting the kids involved? Plus its clean, family fun 🙂

• Miranda May 16, 2017 at 10:46 am

I have a 10, 4 (almost 5), and 2 year old and we all love America’s Funniest Home Videos! It’s the only shoe we all enjoy together!

• Janet Herren May 16, 2017 at 10:46 am

My niece is 5, and she likes to watch a lot of Dr. Pol. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/the-incredible-dr-pol/. I believe there’s a show that is more geared to adults and a separate kid’s show (both Dr. Pol). However, my niece watches both. Her father is a professor of animal science, and both her parents grew up on farms. Watching babies being born, bloody operating procedures, animals who cannot be saved, etc… are just normal parts of farms.

• Valerie May 16, 2017 at 10:54 am

Wizards of Waverly Place, Phineas and Ferb, The Backyardigans, Max and Ruby….. Now my kids are older and I miss those shows sometimes! Although getting to watch The Goldbergs with them is pretty fun too (they seriously can’t believe we actually lived like that – the horror of no internet!!).

• Cristin May 16, 2017 at 10:58 am

My almost 7 year old is super in to Bill Nye the Science Guy. He is on Netflix and they are new episodes. My Little Pony is a big one. I will not let her watch all those “tweenager” shows where the girls are super sassy with each other. Im sure she will learn enough of that nonsense at school.

I am going to check out your shows. The bunk’d one looks fun!

• Terry May 16, 2017 at 10:59 am

I noticed several mentions of Little House on the Prairie. You can watch it weekdays on INSP, a family-friendly cable network. Yes…I work for them! 🙂 We also carry The Waltons, always a favorite!

If Smith is into Westerns, we have Bonanza, Daniel Boone, The High Chaparral, The Big Valley, and The Virginian…he can overdose on cowboys! Plus, several cowboy movies each Sundays!

• Sasha Posey May 16, 2017 at 11:02 am

Oh you MUST watch American Ninja Warrior!! It’s our favorite and great for ALL ages!

• Kristin May 16, 2017 at 11:03 am

Annedroids on amazon is great!

• Beth Parkman May 16, 2017 at 11:05 am

Kids Baking Championship. Clean. Fun. Interesting. I like it as much as my young children.

• Margie L May 16, 2017 at 11:06 am

Goritimer Gibbons is INCREDIBLE. It’s very smart and shows kids in a positive light focusing on positive friendships, science, how cool it is to be smart, family relationships. I seriously balled my eyes out when it was done because the ending was so touching. It’s on amazon.

I also recommend Good Luck Charlie because it’s so smart and funny. Odd Squad is also very smart and fun.

• Ann May 16, 2017 at 11:12 am

We have recently started watching The Incredible Dr. Pol. It is on National Geographic Wild, but sometimes episodes are on PBS. It is about a vet in Michigan and how he cares for large and small animals. I love the vet and his family and we are totally addicted. My daughter wants to become a vet and has learned so much!! I’m sometimes a little squeamish, but she absorbs all the information. Really enjoyable and informational TV.

• Ashley May 16, 2017 at 11:20 am

Good Luck Charlie!!

• Dawn May 16, 2017 at 11:26 am

Check out these two on Netflix, The Kindness Diaries and I’ll Have what Phil’s Having. They’re not “kids” shows, but they’re clean and involve travel and/or food. My 7 year old has enjoyed these both so much. I think your older two would really like these because they have traveled extensively. It’s always nice to find something besides the typical “kids” shows that you can watch together.

• Kelli May 16, 2017 at 11:27 am

My son is 7 and loves Henry Danger and the Thundermans.
    We too watched all of the ones you listed and have moved on to these. Good luck. And yes Bunk’d has the best theme song! 🙂

• Jenna May 16, 2017 at 11:27 am

My boys are 3 and 1. They like shows like Ask the Storybots, Paw Patrol, Mickey Mouse, etc. looking forward to reading all the comments.

• Laura May 16, 2017 at 11:27 am

Since your children like the museums when you travel they would probably enjoy watching ‘Secrets of America’s Favorite Places’ on Discovery Family Channel. We watch it on demand through our cable service. They are documentary type shows about Grand Central Terminal, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Mt. Rushmore and more. There are only about 8 of them but they’re an hour long. We have watched them all twice at least!

• Ashley J May 16, 2017 at 11:39 am

When I was little I liked Leave it to Beaver and Bewitched but I also remember coming home from school and watching Arthur, Magic School Bus and Wishbone! I looooooved Wishbone…you learn a lot and it’s cute and family friendly. I’m not sure if you can find those on Netflix or anywhere these days but if you can I’d HIGHLY recommend plus my fam watched them together along with America’s Funniest Videos. All the shows I listed are also not super annoying at this age either (30 now)…lol. Good luck!

• Angela A May 16, 2017 at 11:46 am

My 5 year daughter enjoys all of the shows you mentioned in your post. A few new ones we started watching are Just Add Magic (Amazon Prime) and Fuller House (Netflix), Adults can enjoy those as well.

• Stacy May 16, 2017 at 11:47 am

It’s a little bit older, but my kids love iCarly. It was really cute and not overly obnoxious like some of the kids shows.

• Joy May 16, 2017 at 11:59 am

My 8 year old boy liked “just add magic” and “Gortimer gibbons life on normal street”, both are on Amazon prime. They both have a mystery air to their shows and I think that’s why he likes them. He likes “the littlest prince” and “the boxcar children” on Netflix but those are movies. On Netflix he watches a lot of magic school bus, Bill bye the science guy, Justin time (my 2 year old loves it and he’s a good big brother), tree fu tom, kazoops (also a 2 year old favorite). I’m really strict in what he can watch so hopefully those will help. Good luck!

• Joy May 16, 2017 at 12:21 pm

oh and odd squad is another one!

• Sara May 16, 2017 at 12:07 pm

My daughter is not into TV yet (only 15 months) but my nieces love Fuller House and the original Scooby Doo from when we were growing up.

• Ali J May 16, 2017 at 12:14 pm

My soon to be 9 year old has enjoyed the “old” shows – as in the shows that I grew up with from the 70s and 80s. So she likes Little House on the Prairie; Different Strokes; Silver Spoons; and Facts of Life. I showed her the 80s version of Adventures in Babysitting and that is one of her favorite movies now – thank goodness because I can do without some of the movies she likes.

• Kasey Holloway May 16, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Look into RightNow Media, it’s like a Christian netflix in a way. They have a whole kids section. The kids at my school love Superbook, but they also have a lot of other great options! The cool thing is you can put the app on your tablet and then tell kids, watch whatever, because you know it’s all clean! Also, for adults you can watch sermons, and bible study series. It’s really awesome!

• Rachel May 16, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Drake & Josh is on Hulu and is really funny!

• Charise May 16, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Masterchef Junior is really cute. It’s on fox I believe. Also, Bill Nye just got his own Netflix show. It looks and reminds me of watching “Bill Nye The Science Guy” when I was little.

• Jennifer May 16, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Our kids are addicted to HGTV and Food Network television. My husband and I also love these stations, so this works well for us. Some of our favorites are The Pioneer Woman (kids love dreaming about living on a ranch), The Kitchen, any cooking contest involving kids — Master Chef Junior, Jr. Spring Baking Championship, etc. — Fixer Upper, etc. We also love exploring documentaries with them. Some of our favorites have been the Planet Earth series (we just started Planet Earth II), On The Way To School, Living on One Dollar, and there is one about kid golfers that was awesome but I can’t recall the name! The Netflix documentaries are so good and there are endless options that are appropriate for kids!

• Melissa MacGregor May 16, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Another vote for Just Add Magic! My kids are also really into the Treehouse Masters show on DIY (I think??), anything involving a tiny house, and also Master Chef Junior (we ALL love that one). Love these other suggestions.

• Joanne May 16, 2017 at 12:55 pm

My girls (ages 10 & 12) are hooked on Operation Ouch. We’re in Canada however it’s a British show hosted by twin doctors. They meet kids who are in the emergency room for various reasons (toenail up their nose, locked jaw from eating a too big baguette, lol) and the doctors follow their cases while teaching about the various body parts, systems, etc. Bit of a gross factor sometimes which the kids love. My girls are constantly teaching us things they’ve learned from watching the show.

• Leslie May 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm

My kids are 4, 6 and almost 8 — they like The Voice and then they (ha! argue) decide who to vote for. That’s a fun family show and it’s interactive too. They love American Ninja Warrior! We like some old school stuff like Scooby Doo, Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith. And the usual Disney shows everyone else mentioned.

• Jennifer May 16, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Lately my girls have been all about Andi Mack. It’s on Friday nights. It’s cute! I love showing them shows I grew up with or before my time! Their favorite was the Andy Griffith Show.

• Stacy May 16, 2017 at 1:21 pm

So we watch all the ones you suggested but here are s few more – master chef junior (all the Gordon Ramsay without the yelling) plus for kids specifically Henry Danger, The Thundermans and Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn. All theee are great kid comedies.

• Stacy May 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Plus in the summer – Americas Got Talent is a must. Awesome family entertainment

• Laurel May 16, 2017 at 1:30 pm

I know you specifically asked for tv suggestions, and people might throw me some shade, but just another point of view- try less/no tv? Try taking turns reading a chapter book together, or playing a board or card game. Jigsaw puzzles. Just having a conversation. When my husband (then boyfriend) proposed we ditch out tv in 2008, I thought he was crazy. But I love our life now and can’t imagine trying to find a reason to sit in front of a tv. It didn’t take long for me to realize EVERY show, reality or not, was garbage marketing propaganda. Give it a try for a week!

• Anne May 16, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, The Brady Bunch, I Dream of Jeannie, and Full House are all great for kids and fun for adults too!

• Courtney May 16, 2017 at 1:55 pm

I’m a sucker for The Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith (always a life lesson in this one and the entire series is on Amazon Prime), Family Affair, Leave it to Beaver, and Gilligan’s Island. I have fond memories of watching these on TV Land with my parents when I was growing up. Let us know what you try and if you all liked them.

• MeiKate May 16, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I love the Riders of Berk series about how to train your dragon! I’m seventeen and I still love watching that, it’s so cute!!! I also really love the cute little Tangled series that recently came out!

• Deanna May 16, 2017 at 2:14 pm

If you have kids who are interested in the arts then “Julie’s Green Room” is a must-watch. It is a Jim Henson production starring Julie Andrews. She is working with a group of kids to put on a musical. Each week a guest star like Indina Menzel, Chris Colfer, or Josh Groban comes by to chat with the kids. It seems like it would be for younger kids but my big kids (ages 9 and 7) love it, so I think it would appeal to a wide variety of ages.

Oh, it’s on Netflix.

• Deanna May 16, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Oh my kids also love a couple of shows that we watch together on Hulu: The Toy Box (where toy inventors have to get their inventions past a group of kid judges) and Little Big Shots (where Steve Harvey interviews kids with cool talents and then they perform). The personalities on both of these shows have us all laughing.

The Toy Box is on NBC and Little Big Shots on ABC if you don’t have a Hulu subscription.

• Kelly Wolf May 16, 2017 at 3:04 pm

My daughter is almost two so the shows she likes, some might not work for the bigger kids.
    Sofia the First
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
    Elena of Avalor
    Doc McStuffins
    Chopped Junior – She actually does the count down and then puts her arms up.
    Plant Earth – You can stop them and return at any time.
    National Geographic Channel – Pretty much anything on there. She loves watching the animals and the babies. The only thing is they are true to life and involve the circle of life. Sometimes we have to change it.

• Sarah May 16, 2017 at 3:17 pm

My kids are 7, 5 and 2. We watch Chopped Jr., Good Luck Charlie, Odd Squad, Creative Galaxy, and Stuck in the Middle. Good luck! Kids shows can be rough ??

• Lindsey May 16, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Good luck Charlie! The mom is hilarious.

• Wendyh920 May 16, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Good Luck Charlie was a favorite of my families.

• Joanna May 16, 2017 at 3:44 pm

On Disney my kids like: Stuck in the Middle and Tangled Before Ever After. Also my oldest likes Master Chef Junior.

• Mary Crinnion May 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Andi Mack on disney channel is really good. It has a great plot

• Krisy May 16, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Hi there! This suggestion is one that is TOTALLY different from any of the shows you listed but just thought I’d throw it out there: Shaun the Sheep. It’s a British stop-motion show on Amazon and its hilarious! My whole family, including my husband, and kids ages 6 and under all enjoy this show. And usually there are giggles and even snickers from the adults! So fun to laugh together as a family at good, quality fun 🙂 Love your blog!

• Erin May 16, 2017 at 7:41 pm

My kids are ten and seven and we watch the amazing race, chopped jr, little big shots, American ninja warrior, modern family, the great American baking show, and wheel of fortune. But really they like most game shows and cooking shows. 🙂

• Maria Moreno May 16, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Shirley Temple, Andy Griffith Show, Brady Bunch

• Melissa May 16, 2017 at 8:35 pm

We aren’t big tv watchers here (we don’t even have cable tv), but last time we were visiting family we all watched an episode of Fixer Upper, and our crew was hooked. My kids are 9, 7, and 4, and they all find Chip to by hysterical. We’ve watched several old episodes, and our whole family truly enjoys the show.

• Jen Langer May 16, 2017 at 8:57 pm

My kids are 11 and 8, we watch Good Luck Charlie, the food network kids shows like Chopped, Americas Funniest hone Videos and my mother in law got them loving Leave it To Beaver. They do love Jessie and Liv and Maddy too but these other shows are just as good! 🙂

• Whitney Sparks Herrera May 16, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Amazon prime has so much! Anniedroids, lots of AG stuff, so many great kids Amazon originals!

• Kimberly Waller May 16, 2017 at 9:36 pm

My kids enjoy watching Kickin’ It, Good Luck Charlie, Little Big Shots, Walk the Prank.

• Lyndsey Alvarez May 16, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I love the Magic School Bus and so do my first graders! Great way to learn about science. The first four seasons are on Netflix and they’re revamping the show and coming out with new episodes in 2017!

• monica curry May 16, 2017 at 9:53 pm

My boys LOVE Camp Kikiwaka and Kickin’ It. I’m ready for something new too, so I’ll be reading these comments!

• Jenny May 16, 2017 at 10:05 pm

My families favorite is I Love Lucy! It’s a clean show that the kids can watch and it’s funny enough for adults and kids. I loved it because it was one that all of us could watch and it wasn’t another Disney show. There’s something about the older shows. Good luck! 🙂

• Kara S May 16, 2017 at 10:16 pm

I want to echo American Ninja Warrior that a few people have mentioned. My seven year old son and I absolutely love it, I’m thrilled at how there is such a great focus on health and fitness and families, and the language is so clean and appropriate. There are many human interest type stories of people overcoming hardships and you just want to route for them. And it’s so pro-female! There aren’t as many female competitors as male but many of the women get really nice top billing and are such good role models as strong, fit, healthy women that I want my 20 month old daughter to look up to someday (she doesn’t get any screen time yet though!) Please watch it… your whole family will love it. You and your husband will consider building an obstacle course in your backyard after you see it. 🙂

• Erin Port May 17, 2017 at 9:34 pm

We love American Ninja Warrior too 🙂 totally forgot that one!

• Bethany May 16, 2017 at 11:36 pm

We are not a TV family either. We rarely watch TV. Finding kid family shows is so tough these days.

• Mykala murrell May 17, 2017 at 12:33 am

Girl meets world is so great! Good little lessons

• holly May 17, 2017 at 2:18 am

have you heard/tried JellyTelly? It is like Christian Netflix for kids. It has lots of shows and even family devotionals. I think we pay $4.99/mos for it.

• Mindy May 17, 2017 at 3:54 am

I know I am a little late to giving my suggestions, but here they are….. My daughter is 12 now and still loves Bunk’ed! I actually really like the show also. Her other favorite is Stuck in the Middle. On the Food Network we both love Spring Baking Champion and Kids Baking Champion. Oh and she cracks up laughing from Chip Gaines on Fixer Upper! Our current show that we watch together is Survivor. We love watching it together on Wednesday nights before bed.

• Abby May 17, 2017 at 5:39 am

My girls are 5 and 3, and they love Beat Bugs on Netflix. It’s all Beatles music, so my hubby and I love it too! I’ll catch the girls singing “All You Need Is Love…” (the theme song)! 🙂

• Catherine Prell May 17, 2017 at 9:57 am

My kids are a little older but we all loved iCarly and Dog with a blog…

🙂

• Ashlea May 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Little Big Shots! (NBC, Sunday nights) Its a kids talent show hosted by Steve Harvey. My kids love it.
    Also, Americas Funniest Home Videos is still a favorite.

• melissa May 17, 2017 at 1:58 pm

We love Full hHouse and Fuller House, and currently we are hooked on Master Chef JR!!

• Erin Port May 17, 2017 at 9:33 pm

We like to watch Wheel of Fortune sometimes, Out Daughtered and Counting On on TLC. My kids also love The Great British Baking Show (and American version) and Chopped Jr/Top Chef Jr etc.

• Andi May 17, 2017 at 11:33 pm

I grew up with the original Disney, so I watched Lizzie McGuire, That’s So Raven, Evens Stevens, and Wizards of Waverly Place! But I loved Full House and had every season on DVD. Gilmore Girls is also good for the whole family! I also grew up watching HGTV from Design on a Dime and House Hunters to Fixer Upper. Can’t go wrong with those!

• Leah Rubi May 18, 2017 at 12:42 am

Annedroids ? Found the Amazon Firestick. My son & I can’t get enough of it!

• Daniellr May 18, 2017 at 2:43 am

We watch the magic school bus, fuller house, girl meets world, and just recently when calls the heart. That one reminded me of little house on the prairie

• Michelle Miller May 18, 2017 at 6:09 pm

We really enjoy Trollhunters and DinoTrux on Netflix!
    My 8 yr old daughter loves any kind of cooking show and is currently watching the Great British Baking Competition!
    We also love to watch fishing shows like Monster Fish and Chasing Monsters!

• CMM May 19, 2017 at 8:53 am

We just checked out The Flintstones at our local library and my kids have loved it!

• Christal May 19, 2017 at 9:39 am

Paradise Run, Henry Danger, The Thundermans, and Chopped Junior are favorites of ours.

• Gina May 19, 2017 at 10:22 pm

I watch Heartland on Netflix with my 8 & 6 yr old daughters. First episode started off a little scary/sad but it’s not like that at all. It’s a feel good family show. I love it! Good Luck Charlie is my favorite Disney show. The mom is hilarious!!

• Haylee May 20, 2017 at 3:41 pm

I am 23 and I have to admit…I love Jessie! Lizzie McGuire was my absolute favorite growing up, Phineas and Ferb is still a favorite. A super random one that I came across on Netflix is Barbie Dream House (it is a series from a few years ago with a bunch of mini episodes in each episode). A little back story, the 8 year old girl I babysit for (Ally) is as tomboy as anyone can get (I mean she had to wear a dress once in the past 2 years and it was like her world had ended), and I convinced her to watch it when we found it on Netflix (I had never heard of it before) and she ended up loving it (and I did too!)! It is just a funny and kind of ridiculous (in a good way) show, and I honestly think there are plenty of boys who would love it too. I actually got a text from Allys mom, telling me that Ally was watching it even when I am not there! LOL. Other then that I like Fuller House and Girl Meets World (they might even like Boy Meets World)!

• Julie May 22, 2017 at 7:53 am

We love educational animal shows! Planet earth is great!

• Lindsay May 22, 2017 at 11:08 am

Tanked on Animal Planet is great. My ten year old daughter loves it. We have watched all 12 seasons. It follows a family run aquarium business. They build amazing aquariums across the country. Lots of famous clients, etc. She also really likes Gilligan’s Island. We watch it on Apple TV.

• Shannon Gifford May 22, 2017 at 10:59 pm

With your older 2 I highly suggest Survivor!! We watch it every Wednesday night and my husband makes homemade pizza ! The kids love the games and rewards while adults like the strategy of the game! We have continued this trend with 2 other families that are now hooked…Try it, u will love it!