This & That Tuesday

I was scrolling through my phone and realized that I have a very random assortment of this and that, so, I’m sharing it with you!

Happy Tuesday, friends!

IMG_2990

Ah!  Sweet Britt attended Erika’s annual neighborhood party with us.  She was the star of the show!  (And psssst: that’s the romper I told you guys about way back in March!)

IMG_2997

I just love my friends!

IMG_3008

The night before Memorial Day, the little shopping village across the water from our house always shoots off fireworks and has an outdoor concert.  We sat in our golf cart on an empty lot in our neighborhood and watched the show from across the lake.  It was so fun!

IMG_3015

These two are peas in a pod…

IMG_3022

…and so are these two!!

IMG_3025

And then there were TWELVE!  Our first framily swim party with all twelve of us.  Annnnnd…our first use of a selfie stick ; ) .

IMG_3026

This kid keeps me entertained all day long!

IMG_3045

Ah!  I was in charge of the craft station for the first grade Aloha Day and my favorite part of the day was when this kid came to my designated area.  We turned empty water bottles and tissue paper into fish.  It was fun and even simple enough for this non-crafty girl to do.

IMG_3057

Manda’s family really wanted her birthday celebrated this year (on May 28th).  There were several celebrations in her honor which I think really kept her sweet family happy.  On one particular evening, we all went back to the same restaurant where we had celebrated her last birthday with her…

IMG_3080

…we all miss her so much.  We laughed, we cried, we talked about our sweet friend and how dearly she is missed by everyone.

IMG_3073

I spent some time on our town square with these three.  It’s a shame they’re not cute. 😉

IMG_3133

Hobby Lobby with these two.

FullSizeRender (38)
On the last day of school, we surprised the kids with an ice cream sundae bar when they got home.  We were all so pumped that it was officially SUMMER!

IMG_3146

My sidekick.  24/7/365

IMG_3154

Instead of doing laundry, we took selfies.  I just love this kid so much!!

IMG_3163

This is random, but you know how the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette is like a cult classic?  Well, I’ve always wanted to try it but I thought the colors were a tad too dark for me.  So, when I saw that they have a Naked3 Palette out now with all rose gold colors, I was PUMPED!  Aren’t they pretty?!  I think they’re perfect for summertime!

IMG_3174

Ashby…look at mommy. 🙂  I took the big girls to get pedicures on Saturday afternoon.  It was raining and yucky, so it seemed like the perfect way to spend the afternoon!

IMG_3188

Date night on Saturday night.  Well, um, I mean if you can count having four kids along with you date night…

I posted this pic on Instagram and had a lot of questions about my earrings.  Here is the whole outfit…

IMG_3181

My same old dress that I always wear, Ugg wedges and fun pink earrings!

IMG_3191

At dinner with my five dates and I only took a pic of this one.  Sweet girl loves to color!

IMG_3217

On Sunday afternoon, these two girls had their spring recital.  They both did such a good job!!

IMG_3230

After the recital, we had Mexican food and shaved ice with Papa Jay, Lovie, Sean, Catherine and that cute boy on the end 🙂 .

IMG_3236

I don’t often catch moments of affection between the biggest two.

IMG_3241

She was in shaved ice heaven!!

That’s a little this and that on a Tuesday!  Got to run…some girl I know is having her 5th birthday party tonight!!!

Print Friendly

• Reply Erika Slaughter June 6, 2017 at 4:45 am

The first framily swim was a success!!! And you’re sidekick is not only adorable but she has the sweetest personality!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog June 6, 2017 at 4:48 am

Happy Tuesday! I can imagine the kids’ joy when you surprised them with the ice cream sundae after the last day of school. Man, that would’ve been the dream for me!

• Reply Susan Jeffries June 6, 2017 at 5:12 am

Such darling and happy kids. I miss my daughter being this age! You have convinced me to pick up that dress from Nordstrom! Perfect for the two trips we have planned this summer – NYC and Charleston! Thanks!

• Reply Megan June 6, 2017 at 5:17 am

I absolutely adore your family’s relationship with the Slaughters. It’s refreshing to see friends cheering one another on and doing life together. Can you believe you are now a crew of twelve?!?!

• Reply Heather June 6, 2017 at 6:08 am

Do you bring your own polish when you get a pedi?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 6:13 am

Yes!! I brought OPI’s Alpine Snow on this day :).

• Reply Courtney June 6, 2017 at 6:08 am

You are such a great mom for those littles. Thanks for sharing your this and that – and have fun at the party! Can’t wait to hear about it.
    XO
    Courtney

• Reply Christy Latimore June 6, 2017 at 6:12 am

Such a sweet tribute to your special friend. I lost my mom at 10; it would have made me so happy to know that her friends continued celebrating her birthday each year, or even if my sister and I could have joined them each year. Her kiddos will cherish your group and your memories forever!!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims June 6, 2017 at 6:30 am

The twelve of you. I’m going to have to let that sink in for a minute.

• Reply Narci Dreffs June 6, 2017 at 6:37 am

Aw, I love that picture of Kensington and Smith together! So sweet!!! Also, Madeley’s smile is just the most precious thing ever! Love!

• Reply Erica @ Whimsical September June 6, 2017 at 6:43 am

That picture of Kensington and Madeley is so precious! I ordered that razorback dress in navy blue with some turquoise BaubleBar earrings for a bachelorette party this weekend, and I’m so excited for them to get here tomorrow! Also, I love your window bench and would love that in our next house. I think my kids would sit there constantly.

• Reply Jessica June 6, 2017 at 6:49 am

Hi Shay! I just love your blog and your beautiful family. My sister and I are flying into Dallas from Ohio this weekend for a girls trip. We both read your blog daily and want to check out your town square you always speak of! What are your favorite stores/ restaurants/etc? If you love it, we know we will too!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 7:07 am

Ah! You need to have lunch at Spoons or dinner at Harvest! Have so much fun!

• Reply Ashley Breland June 6, 2017 at 6:52 am

Where did you find the cute star shaped plate that Madeley is using? Thanks.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 7:07 am

Pottery Barn Kids last year!

• Reply Alexis deZayas June 6, 2017 at 6:56 am

I use the Naked 3 every day!! And that picture of Kensington and Madeley melted my heart. Such a sweet post!

• Reply Whitney Pegram June 6, 2017 at 7:09 am

I love how y’all continue to celebrate Manda’s life. Continuing to pray for her precious family!

• Reply Kate Koyak June 6, 2017 at 7:12 am

Where is your pink cover up from in the swim party picture? I love the color!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 7:15 am

Gap, last year.

• Reply Laci June 6, 2017 at 7:20 am

Madeley is just hilarious! Love it!

• Reply Carly M June 6, 2017 at 7:31 am

Ashby in her costume…all the heart eyes, I’m sure she did great! I can’t get over Madeley’s little legs and feet- I love how petite she is, just adds to her sweetness! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life June 6, 2017 at 7:39 am

So much love in these pictures Shay!! Loved looking through them and reading about what you all have been up to!

• Reply Kim Busman June 6, 2017 at 7:44 am

Completely random question: I used to have a selfie stick that for my iPhone 6 that we could use for group pictures on vacation, but when I got my iPhone 7 it no longer works….what phone do you or Andrew have that allows you to use one? We have a vacation coming up and I’d love to find one before we leave….thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 8:13 am

We both have iPhone 7s!

• Reply Kim Busman June 6, 2017 at 11:16 am

That’s what I thought….can you tell me what selfie stick you’re using or would recommend?

• Reply Laura June 6, 2017 at 7:45 am

Fun times! Y’all are off to a great start for Summer 2017!

• Reply Amanda Wilson June 6, 2017 at 7:48 am

Omgooodness how can she be 5 already I can’t wait to hear all her party details!! Birthdays are my Jam!!

• Reply heidi June 6, 2017 at 7:52 am

Soo cute.!.. those kiddos are being big so fast!
    I love naked 3 I’ve had it a few years now .. I’m a pallet lover.. some I would recommend is the two faced chocolate bar ( it smells like chocolate ) and I love the anastasia modern renaissance. . And if you want the prettiest pallet ever… two faced natural love!!.. I’m a make up junkie lol

• Reply Kelly June 6, 2017 at 7:52 am

What’s your favorite hair product for the summer humidity??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 8:12 am

Bumble & Bumble’s Don’t Blow It 🙂

• Reply Rebecca Brittain June 6, 2017 at 7:59 am

Oh so precious! I love seeing your family events and their sweet smiles. =)))

• Reply Abby June 6, 2017 at 8:01 am

Hey Shay!
    Where’s your favorite place to get a pedicure in town? I still haven’t found one I love.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 8:12 am

We typically go to Serenity Nails :).

• Reply Tracy Millar June 6, 2017 at 8:02 am

The black dress….debating on small or xs. I am 5″2, 120 lbs. I think small?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 8:11 am

I would probably say small.

• Reply Amy June 6, 2017 at 8:03 am

Where are you getting your nails done in Mckinney? Think I need a new place!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 8:11 am

Serenity Nails 🙂

• Reply Mother Henn June 6, 2017 at 8:14 am

Ashby is turning 5 already?!?! Gosh, the time seems to just fly by. Happy Birthday to Ashby and happy celebrations to you all!

• Reply Angela Ellingson June 6, 2017 at 8:19 am

Great photos! Love that picture of the 12 of you. So fun!

• Reply Kristine June 6, 2017 at 8:29 am

This is not related to today’s post but I know you love your planners and I call you an expert :)….do you have a recommendation on a planner for men?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Ooooh! That’s a good one! My hubby just uses his basic iPhone calendar. Nothing fancy.

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt June 6, 2017 at 8:40 am

I can’t wait to see the theme for the birthday party!!!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Erin Port June 6, 2017 at 8:41 am

Such a sweet post full of lots of love and joy! I always say it but your friends love each other so well – what an encouragement to Manda’s family on her birthday! Bittersweet I am sure! PS Bowen’s mismatched natives are so cute! xoxo ERIN

• Reply Phi Nguyen Mai June 6, 2017 at 9:52 am

Your kids are so precious! Love the pic with Britt! Tell Ashby Happy Birthday!!! 🙂

• Reply Mary June 6, 2017 at 9:54 am

Hi, Fun times:) Is your blue top NYDJ from Nordstrom?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 2:56 pm

That’s from Loft!

• Reply Olivia Snyder at Joyfully Prudent June 6, 2017 at 10:01 am

That black dress and wedges are super cute…you could wear a brown paper bag and it’d look cute 🙂 And Bahama Bucks is one of our favorites!

• Reply Stacey June 6, 2017 at 10:25 am

I have the Leith dress and I am having the hardest time finding a bra that doesn’t show. What do you recommend

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 2:55 pm

My basic strapless one doesn’t show!

• Reply Megan Butler June 6, 2017 at 10:46 am

Love the pic of the 12 of you !!!! Sooo fun!!!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick June 6, 2017 at 11:36 am

With that big framily, it was definitely time for a selfie stick! 😉 Too cute! And those pink earrings are so pretty!!

• Reply Christina June 6, 2017 at 11:44 am

Where is the green and white striped dress that Kennsington is wearing in the “These two are two peas in a pod” picture from? Also, the red and white print dress that Ashby is wearing in the picture just below that one? I keep telling you, you should link up your kids’ clothes! They are so classic, but cute!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 2:55 pm

They’re both from Boden but last year. Boo.

• Reply Nicole June 6, 2017 at 3:18 pm

Wondering what a day in the life looks like with all the kids home for Summer – is it structured? Do you have down time still for the older ones? Do you attempt “school” time too? Thanks! 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama June 6, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I always do one of those posts each summer. Thanks for the reminder!! I’m writing it down now so that I don’t forget!!

• Reply Rachel June 6, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Wondering where Erika’s cute navy blue dress is from in the first photo??

• Reply Bethany June 6, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Pedicures are the best!

• Reply Katie June 8, 2017 at 7:51 am

Will you do a post on the colors you are using/applying from your Naked palette? Thank you!!!