The Best Baked Beans

The Best Baked Beans

Friends…I am officially declaring these the BEST BAKED BEANS.

Seriously.

No exaggeration here.

These are SO GOOD!!

This recipe is Erika’s mother-in-law’s and I’ve now eaten them three times in less than two weeks.  We cannot stop.  They’re FANTASTIC!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Marla for sharing your recipe with me and thank you Erika for introducing me to them in the first place.  These beans are like the highlight of our summer 😉 .  Ha!  We love them!

This recipe makes one big batch.

Shopping List
1 pound of breakfast sausage (we used Owen’s hot sausage), browned and crumbly
1 onion, chopped
1 (28 oz) can of baked beans
3 tablespoons of honey mustard dressing
1 to 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (just keep adding it until you feel like the consistency is good)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 pound of bacon, crisped up and crumbled

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Grease (I use Pam) a 9×13 baking dish.  Set aside.

In one large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.  Once combined, pour this mixture into your prepared baking dish and pop in your preheated oven.  Bake the beans for 25 to 30 minutes.  Remove and serve either hot or room temp.

Friends, these beans are FANTASTIC!  You’re going to love them!

Thanks Marla!

The Best Baked Beans

Print Friendly

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 7, 2017 at 5:01 am

Seems like a deliciously sinful meal. Never thought there was a way to spice up baked beans, which are already the BOMB in themselves! 🙂

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 7, 2017 at 5:11 am

I just realized when I made them on the fourth-I forgot the bacon. How did that happen???

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 7, 2017 at 5:54 am

Oh, yum!!!! These look so good!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas July 7, 2017 at 7:11 am

Need to try these!!

• Reply Ann Marie July 7, 2017 at 8:05 am

Oh my gosh! I need a reason to make beans! Those looks amazing.

• Reply Julie Bradford July 7, 2017 at 8:41 am

we make those baked beans at home in Alabama..we use ground beef instead of sausage (but I will definitely try the sausage) if you like green peppers add them.. it’s DELISH!!!!!!!

• Reply Kristin Tate July 7, 2017 at 9:11 am

We eat at my husband’s grandmothers house every Sunday after church, I’ll be making these for this weeks gathering! They look great!

• Reply ColleenB.~ Tx. July 7, 2017 at 9:28 am

they look delicious. If I have no sausage on hand, I will add a can of Hormel or Wolf brand chili with No Beans and add to the mixture.
    Do you use store bought Honey Mustard Dressing or make your own?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 7, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I make my own!! I just use Dijon, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper with some EVOO.

• Reply Maria July 7, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Have I been living under a rock? Meat in baked beans? I always thought they were a vegetarian dish? Anyhow, they look fantastic! My whole fam loves baked beans so if you say they are the best, we will surely be giving them a try!!

• Reply Marie Claas July 8, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Just made these, and threw a few hotdogs on top for the last 10 minutes! They were a huge hit!

• Reply Marla Slaughter July 12, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hahaha! I just now saw this! Glad y’all liked them! Just can’t get through a summer without these baked beans!! Love you!❤️❤️

• Reply Sarah July 18, 2017 at 7:50 am

We tried this last night along with a few hotdogs as well, and it was so good! If I were to do anything differently, I would have browned the onions before baking and maybe used a tablespoon less of brown sugar. Overall, AMAZING!