Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites 01

Hello Friday.

I’m tired.

I left on Wednesday night for a work trip and my flight didn’t land until 2:00 this morning because of delays…so, I’m sleeping in a bit this morning (woohoo!) and just enjoying my kiddos today.

Here’s hoping you have the BEST weekend!

And pssssssst: as always, I’m linking up with three of my besties, AndreaErika and Narci and sharing my faves.

So, I’m going to be a little different this week.  I started to make this outfit one of my favorites for the week and then realized…it might be fun just to make it my one and only favorite.  You see…I got dressed the other day and LOVED my new top…and I also LOVED my shorts, necklace and sandals too (all staples that I’ve told you about this summer)…so, this week, all of my favorites are in this one picture…

My Friday Favorites

Five favorite things that I wear all summer long!

Here they are:

#1: My earrings!  You’ve heard me say it a million times…I can’t wear heavy earrings any more so I try and wear studs almost every day.  This pair is my go to.  I don’t even feel them when they’re in and they go with everything.  I also have this set here because for only $19, you get 12 pairs.  Do they last forever?  No.  Are they cute and do they last through the summer?  Yes.

IMG_5026

#2: My top!  Okay, this top comes in 5 different colors , and I bought the navy.  How cute are the ruffled sleeves?!  I love the material, I love the length, I love how soft it is…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  I probably need it in multiple colors.

#3: My necklace!  I first wore this necklace in NYC but keep wearing it because it just goes with everything…

IMG_4475

…I love a good easy to wear necklace 😉 .

#4: My shorts! Um…can’t stop, won’t stop wearing them…

IMG_1895

…it’s these right here from back in May!  (Along with my pineapple tee and sandals!)

They’re not low and showing my undies plus they’re not tight in the legs either.  I mean…nothing is worse than shorts that are too low and tight in the leg area.  These fit just right plus, they wash and dry perfectly!

#5: My sandals!  I know they’re pricey…but considering how many times I’ve worn them, they’ve paid off (because I’ve worn 4 billion times!).  I bought this pair three years ago, but they’re still made today (in 20 different colors!).  They are so comfy and easy to walk around in all day long.

See?  All of my favorite things in one outfit…

IMG_5021

Earrings//Top//Necklace//Shorts//Sandals

Let’s be real…during the summer, I’m not motivated to get dressed very often: pajamas, workout clothes, swimsuit, repeat.  So, the main favorite from today is that I took the time one day last week to get dressed…maybe not do my hair, but at least I put on actual clothes 😉 .

Happy Friday, friends!

Print Friendly

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 14, 2017 at 4:48 am

Love the necklace! I usually am too lazy myself to wear accessories, but they really help spice up a casual outfit! 🙂

• Reply Bethany July 14, 2017 at 5:03 am

I love those sandals! I need them to go on sale!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams July 14, 2017 at 5:09 am

You’re right the ruffled shirt is cute with that added detail! Hope you get some sleep, have a great weekend!
    xo

• Reply Darcey July 14, 2017 at 6:00 am

I keep checking your blog for your Nordstrom sale picks!! Are you going to do a post about it?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 7:06 am

I will once my stuff arrives and I know what I like!

• Reply Angela Ellingson July 14, 2017 at 7:19 am

Oh, I’m so excited to hear about this! 😊

• Reply Nicole July 14, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I’m so excited to see your favorites too!

• Reply Camille M. July 14, 2017 at 6:14 am

i came across nickelandsuede on IG and I love their simple, leather statement earrings! i’ll wear them and forget i even have them on.

• Reply Ashley July 14, 2017 at 6:43 am

Love those shorts and what a versatile necklace! Have a fun weekend!

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 14, 2017 at 6:50 am

I remember commenting on that top when I saw you…it is so cute!!

• Reply Megan July 14, 2017 at 7:00 am

I know the post wasn’t about the pineapple tee, but…the pineapple tee!!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas July 14, 2017 at 7:04 am

I got my first pair of Tory Burch sandals this year and LOVE them!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner July 14, 2017 at 7:05 am

Did you shop the Nordstroms sale and get any new pieces to add to your wardrobe? Any chance you will share them on here! Love the necklace!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 7:06 am

I ordered stuff yesterday! I will share it when it arrives and I see what I like!!

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 14, 2017 at 7:06 am

I adore this outfit on you! So pretty and classic! Love it all!

• Reply Rebecca Rooney July 14, 2017 at 7:07 am

Do you mind me asking what size you normally wear and what size you got in the pineapple tshirt? It says online that it is on the bigger size so to order a size smaller but I’m in Australia so wouldn’t be able to return it if it doesn’t fit!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 7:24 am

I always buy an xsmall from them!

• Reply Rebecca Rooney July 14, 2017 at 7:26 am

Great thanks!

• Reply Amy July 14, 2017 at 7:17 am

What color of the sandals do you have? Cute outfit!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 7:24 am

Those are the sand patent! I looooooove them!

• Reply Katie July 14, 2017 at 7:22 am

I LOVE the pineapple tee but do have to say that I did not have a great experience with Ily Couture. I ordered the tee on 6/20 and on 7/10 it still had not shipped. Their customer service was very responsive and told me it was likely sitting somewhere and ready to be shipped but that never ended up happening. Again, they were very responsive and refunded my purchase but I really wanted the tee 🙁 . Sorry to be a downer on the blog, I just did not understand what happened!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 7:23 am

That is so weird! I can honestly tell you that I order from them quite often and have never had a problem. I’m sorry that you have!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims July 14, 2017 at 7:23 am

That’s a great top! Love the whole outfit and that dainty little necklace!

• Reply Melissa P. July 14, 2017 at 7:31 am

I love those shorts, and have seen you blogging about them all summer. However, I’m tall (5 ft 9) and based on the reviews, taller women say they look waaaaaay too short. Would you agree they’re probably better for petites??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 8:02 am

I wouldn’t say that. The other pair I bought for this summer is shorter, so I would say it about those but not these.

• Reply Laine July 14, 2017 at 7:37 am

Have you ever tried Nickel and Suede earrings?? They are cute, made out of leather and super lightweight, so you can’t even tell your wearing earrings!!

• Reply Angelique July 14, 2017 at 8:47 am

I just got my second pair of (perhaps overpriced 😉 ) Tori Burch sandals and I love them too. We have an outlet near us in San Marcos, TX where you can find tons of them for under $100 which makes it a little more bearable. Plus, my mom found an amazing black leather tote for just over $100 that would usually be over 300. Why does it seem like the July heat makes me shop more …? 🙂

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design July 14, 2017 at 8:51 am

Going to check this top out right away — such a cute cut and fit!
    LauraLikesDesign.com/Blog

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick July 14, 2017 at 9:47 am

Can’t wait to see all your picks from the sale! I can’t seem to pull myself away from it…I need to get stuff done but shopping the sale is so much more fun!

That Inspired Chick

• Reply Andrea July 14, 2017 at 10:01 am

For the Tory Burch sandals, do they run small. I have a wider foot and keep reading they run narrow.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Mine are true to size!

• Reply Sandy July 14, 2017 at 10:01 am

No Nordstrom Anniversary Sale picks this year??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 1:36 pm

I ordered stuff but it hasn’t arrived yet! Once I decide what I’ll love, I’ll make sure and tell you ladies!

• Reply Lisa July 14, 2017 at 10:03 am

I love those Tory Burch sandals. Can you tell me what color you have? Are they the color – makeup?
    Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 14, 2017 at 1:36 pm

They’re the sand patent!

• Reply Marla Slaughter July 14, 2017 at 10:18 am

Okay! I just have to say…who in the world has a closet that NEAT!!!???? I’m sooooo impressed that I think I’ll spend some time in mine today! Nay……..but your organization skills!!!!!!!💜💜💜💜💜

• Reply Kelly Sites July 14, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hi Shay,

Love your blog and LOVE when you give us your fav. books….I’m on a reading rampage this summer and have read so many books.

I’d love to see your closet since you had it redone. If it’s not too private, could you do a post on how you organize in there? 🙂 Happy Friday.

• Reply Ave Perry July 14, 2017 at 1:09 pm

I have to give a shout out to Nickel & Suede too! Amazing light weight earrings that will become your newest addiction! Also, I know you’ve been asked multiple times BUT needing a post on your closet, please!

• Reply Bernadine July 14, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Shay, how often do you organise you clothes and donate stuff? Once a month/season or every time you add something new? Love love love your style. x

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 15, 2017 at 5:31 am

I feel like I’m constantly editing and donating. I don’t like to have things in my closet that I know I’m not going to wear (or in my kids’ closets!).

• Reply Kelsey July 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Was about to comment and tell you about Nickel & Suede for earrings but see that some other people have! They are awesome and so lightweight, right here in Kansas City!

• Reply Reilly Davis July 14, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Hi!! I know this post wasn’t about adoption or anything like that but I just wanted to let you know that I’m only 16 years old but i’ve been reading your blog everyday since before you got Ashby.. I am young but because of reading your blog, I already know that adoption is on my heart for the future.. I have a lot of time but I’ve just been following along on y’alls journey with adoption & it has made my heart explode and I can feel God calling me to adopt when once I’m married & having kids!! Thank you for just being you & opening up your life to all us readers!! You’re the best & I am always praying for you & your family!! xoxo

• Reply Nicole July 14, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Random question for you ☺️ I know how productive you are and how you barely skip a beat…so, when you had babies – how did you handle slowing down? Did you go crazy? Or go right back at it? How long did you wait to work out? Told you it was random. 😂😊 Thanks Shay!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 15, 2017 at 5:30 am

Ha! I basically went right back at it. That’s just how I’m wired. I worked out six weeks after having both of them.

• Reply Whitney Pegram July 14, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I LOVE this entire outfit! You have the best style!

• Reply Tabitha July 15, 2017 at 11:46 am

Hi Shay!

I love your blog and really enjoy reading it! This is random but I’m traveling with my 6 month old baby for the first time and wanted to see if you recommend an umbrella stroller? I’ve seen one in pictures and wondered if you’d recommend it?

Thank you so much!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 16, 2017 at 5:01 am

Yes!! We love traveling with umbrella strollers!

• Reply Keely July 16, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Hey Shay!!
    Love your blog and all the helpful advice you share with us! Your hair has gotten so much longer since the last time you did an updated hair “routine” with us! I love your hair from the 4th of July parade day ,so natural and beachy!! What did you do to achieve the look?!
    Thanks!