Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites 01

Hello Friday!

I don’t know about you…but I’m ready for the weekend.

Just like every Friday, today, I’m linking up with three of my besties, AndreaErika and Narci and sharing my favorite things from the week.  I’m kind of excited because I think I have a good batch of them today!!

Here’s hoping you have something fun to do this weekend!  Sending love from me to you! xo

IMG_5760

If you missed it on Instagram this week, on Tuesday, Ashby officially got her glasses.  Isn’t she so cute?!?!  She has been such a trooper about wearing them.  Smith only wears his glasses for reading/watching his iPad/and such, but Ashby will need to wear her glasses all the time.  This girl just radiates joy.  We think she’s just the most precious thing ever in her glasses 🙂 .

Call me crazy…but this like totally made my week…

IMG_5439

Aren’t my new Erin Condren notebooks so cute?!  Eeks!  I’m obsessed with them!

I’ve told you this before, but every time I write a cookbook, I write all of the recipes/notes in one Erin Condren notebook and then I also keep notebooks for my every day blog recipes.  I like to keep them by season so that I can keep recipe ideas and such within one time frame in one book.  Typically I keep two years worth of fall recipes in one book (September through Christmas), two years worth of winter (New Years through St. Paddy’s Day) and two years of spring and summer (April through August).  Well, as we approach fall, my last fall book was filled up, so when I went to order a new one, I found these cute new ones and went ahead and updated all three.

Ha!  When they arrived, Kensington and I ooooed and ahhhhhed over them for a good 5 minutes.

The pineapple and shamrock come already bound with those covers, but in order to get the “boo” one, you have to buy a notebook and then the cover separately HERE.  Just a heads up in case you want one that’s Halloween.

Look who is headed to preschool this fall…

IMG_5811

…Miss Madeley James!

We went and picked up her nap mat last week from a lady who lives locally.  She has made all four of my kids’ nap mats over the last 7 years…

IMG_5818

Aren’t they all so cute?!  She has an Etsy shop and ships, so if you want one too, you can find her HERE.

Seven years ago, when Kensington was headed to preschool, I found this girl on Etsy and because Kensington loved the nap mat so much, we just kept ordering them for subsequent kiddos.  This is how they unroll…

IMG_5824

…isn’t that great?!

And bonus, they wash and dry really well too.

I was asked this question last week and thought…well geez, why have I never mentioned this before?!  I was asked…what do your girls wear under their dresses and my answer was automatically these…

FullSizeRender (41)

Monkey Bar Buddies!

I don’t even remember who told me about these, but I’ve been buying them for years and years.  They wash and dry so well, that Ashby and Madeley are still wearing Kensington’s from when she was really small.  They still look terrific!  All three girls wear them under their dresses every single day.  They’re the perfect length and fit.  We’re big fans 🙂 .

And…if you’re looking for something yummy to make this weekend…

Creamy Lime Pie Pops

…my Creamy Lime Pie Pops are just what you need!  If summer had a taste, it would be these 🙂 .  See the recipe HERE.

Happy Friday, friends!

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 28, 2017 at 4:42 am

Look at that cute nap mat for big girl, Madeley!! I love it! I’m sure she waspumped when it arrived!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 28, 2017 at 4:48 am

I wish I had my personal nap mat when I was small! Then again, I never really took naps haha. Your new notebooks are super cute too!

• Reply Eileen July 28, 2017 at 4:58 am

Love those notebooks!!!!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner July 28, 2017 at 5:16 am

Those notebooks look so fun! I’m definitely checking her out!!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams July 28, 2017 at 5:19 am

Aww those nap mat’s are adorable! I want to get one for my god daughter! Happy Friday 🙂
    xo

• Reply Courtney July 28, 2017 at 5:38 am

Oh my gosh, that nap map is just the cutest thing! Thanks for sharing Shay! 🙂
    XO
    Courtney

• Reply Susan Jeffries July 28, 2017 at 5:55 am

Your Ashby is precious. She looks darling in her glasses!

• Reply Bethany July 28, 2017 at 5:56 am

She is the cutest in those glasses! I need one of those mats for myself! 😉 Happy Friday!

• Reply Laura July 28, 2017 at 6:09 am

Aww, love sweet Ashby in her glasses! Those nap mats are perfect, and thanks for the monkey bar buddies recommendation too. My girl could definitely use a few pairs! 😍 Happy Friday!

• Reply Sarah July 28, 2017 at 6:16 am

LOVE the fall recipe “BOO!” notebook!! I’m going to need to treat myself to that!! Also, thanks for the rec on the shorts. My two little girls wear dresses every single day. Usually they just throw on any pair of shorts underneath, but that doesn’t always work so well when they put on bulky shorts haha. Thanks!!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 28, 2017 at 6:24 am

Oh, Madeley’s nap may is precious!!! She is so excited, I know!!!

• Reply Jenni Young July 28, 2017 at 6:26 am

Just ordered 2 Monkey Bar Buddies! Great idea! My oldest granddaughter starts kindergarten this year! Thanks!!

• Reply Kristi July 28, 2017 at 6:28 am

I love the nap maps and am currently looking for one so perfect timing! I’m needing one for my 2.5 year old who is about to go to Mother’s Day Out soon. Do you typically upgrade to the memory foam Shay?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 6:31 am

I do not!

• Reply Clair July 28, 2017 at 7:45 am

I was just about to ask the same thing-thanks! The nap mats are so cute!

• Reply Alexis deZayas July 28, 2017 at 6:36 am

Dying over those notebooks!! I just might have to order that Halloween one!

• Reply Megan July 28, 2017 at 6:37 am

Those nap mats would be perfect for quick overnights in a hotel or sleepovers. Love how each pattern seems to fit your kids’ personalities.

• Reply sydnee July 28, 2017 at 6:56 am

Ashby is definitely rocking her glasses! She is a trooper, in life and all!!

• Reply Kristen Hardison July 28, 2017 at 6:59 am

Love those new EC notebooks…which reminds me I got my first EC planner last night! Love! Do you think it’s necessary to have the special EC pens she sells or are Flair pens just as good? Thank Shay!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 7:08 am

I don’t think it’s necessary!

• Reply Beth Miller July 28, 2017 at 7:07 am

This isn’t related to your FF, but we went and bought a Sleep Number mattress last night! I’ve been waking up with horrible low back pain and finally realized it’s bc our mattress is too firm. After yours and others rave reviews of the Sleep Number, I had to try it out! Well, I’m a 30 and my husband is a 60! So no wonder we weren’t happy on the same bed! We got the i8, and I can’t wait for it to get here! It’s crazy to think that we’ll be sleeping on it for 25 years! Thanks so much for your review bc I probably would have gone the Tempurpedic route, and that would have been too firm for my cushy taste. 🙂

• Reply Dana Vissage July 28, 2017 at 7:13 am

I loved your Friday Favorites this week… the notebooks and those nap mats!! Ahh, so cute! Happy Friday!

• Reply The Nelson Nook July 28, 2017 at 7:21 am

Those nap mats are perfect ! My granddaughter is going to school for the first time this year and I think I might just head over to her sight and place an order. Those creamy lime pops look fabulous 🙂

• Reply Melanie July 28, 2017 at 7:23 am

Ashby is the cutest in her glasses. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt July 28, 2017 at 7:24 am

I wish I had a cute mat like that when I was in Kindergarten! And love Ashby’s glasses–I don’t see how she can get any cuter!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Melissa July 28, 2017 at 7:40 am

Ashby is just about the cutest ever!!!! Bless her little heart…I’m so glad she’s a good sport about wearing her glasses. Those nap mats are so cute too! I found a dino one for our youngest to hit school this year and he loves getting it out and “practicing” during movie nights or to build a fort. So fun!

• Reply Megan Butler July 28, 2017 at 7:47 am

Those notebooks are amazing!!! Happy Friday friend!

• Reply Maria D. July 28, 2017 at 8:15 am

The sleep mats are adorable! And the shorts are cute too!

• Reply Erin Port July 28, 2017 at 8:22 am

Those naps are the sweetest. We have a friend moving to Mississippi from here in Iowa and they need nap mats. These are so cute! We love little shorts under dresses too! Although, my oldest little miss suddenly wants only shorts and tees so her dresses sit dusty in her closet. I guess we will just share with little sister someday! I love Ashby’s glasses. My son has worn glasses since 2.5! My daughter had to get faux glasses to match him :). xoxo ERIN

• Reply Francie July 28, 2017 at 8:40 am

Ashby looks so cute in wearing her new glasses. Going to order Monkey Bar Buddies, thanks I needed this info. http://www.supersimpleways.com

• Reply Jen July 28, 2017 at 8:42 am

What brand are her glasses? My daughter wears Miraflex but they fog up frequently. Hers are so cute!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 8:54 am

They’re Crayola :).

• Reply Kimberly Penson July 28, 2017 at 8:48 am

All the nap mats!!!!! As a teacher of fours those mats are THE BEST. You fabric choices are the cutest.

• Reply Rebecca Brittain July 28, 2017 at 8:54 am

Ashby is a doll in her glasses! Sweet pea. And I love those nap maps! I wish I had kiddo just to buy them! I’ll definitely tuck that into my back pocket for the future should God bless me with children one day. Happy Friday!

• Reply Angelique July 28, 2017 at 9:11 am

Oh my goodness, I’m going to have to order some of those Monkeybar Buddies. They are too cute! My daughter is potty-training this week and starting to just wear panties. What a fun reward for her – cute little shorts with bows on the side. Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of them.

• Reply Melissa Carswell July 28, 2017 at 9:29 am

I’ve been meaning to send/post this for you now for awhile and am working on your other kiddos too.
    Ashby-
    Amazing
    Super
    Heroic
    Beautiful
    You!

• Reply Linda Filtzkowski July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am

Wish I had known about Money Bar buddies, what a great idea! I have a 14 year old now and she wears Nike spandex under dress all the time for other reasons than monkey bars now though! Ha Ha!

• Reply Lauren Hinson July 28, 2017 at 9:39 am

Love the mat and it just so happened that daycare told us this week we needed a mat for our little guy. He is upgrading from a bed at daycare. I purchased a mat this morning from this Etsy shop after reading your blog. Can not wait for it to come in 🙂

• Reply Angela Ellingson July 28, 2017 at 9:44 am

Those ARE some good Friday Favorites! Love your recommendations!! And Miss Ashby is just a doll!

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design July 28, 2017 at 9:44 am

I wish I had a nap mat when I was little! Ashby’s new glasses are the cutest — she is just adorable!

LauraLikesDesign.com/blog

• Reply Christina Giorgio July 28, 2017 at 10:02 am

Hi Shay! Your tummy homemade pop recipes have really been tempting me, esp. W/ my pregnancy cravings! Where did you get your Popsicle molds? I remember you mentioning it on a post

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Amazon!!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick July 28, 2017 at 10:03 am

Ashby looked so big and so adorable in her glasses last night! And I’m already so jealous of Madeley’s preschool teacher!!! Happy Friday!!

That Inspired Chick

• Reply Jessica Gaibler July 28, 2017 at 10:22 am

Monkey Bar Buddies were created by a mom of one of my former students! Had a few pairs for my oldest daughter and now will be passing them to my youngest. Love them!

• Reply janet July 28, 2017 at 10:49 am

Ashby’s glasses are so cute on her! Love the nap maps.

• Reply Katie Dacus July 28, 2017 at 10:50 am

Hi Shay! Love your blog. I read it every day and look forward to it each morning. Anyway, we had a breakfast casserole competition at work today, and I made your Tex Mex Potato Casserole. Holy moly, it was delish, and it won me 2nd place out of 15 casseroles!!! So thank you! This is definitely one of my Friday Favorites! Have a happy weekend.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Yay!!! That makes me so happy!!

• Reply Barbara Parnell July 28, 2017 at 10:54 am

Ashby looks adorable in her glasses. Love the notebaooks too, great way to keep recipes orrganized. Thanks for the tip, as I am currently working on my 1st cookbook! Looks like you are going to have a little time to yourself this fall with everyone going to school! Enjoy!

• Reply Jennie July 28, 2017 at 3:31 pm

Does the soft pinky blanket shown in your picture come with the nap mat?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Yes! It’s stitched in!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims July 29, 2017 at 6:02 am

Those nap mats are darling! And Ashby in her glasses is just about too much cuteness to handle!

• Reply Heather July 29, 2017 at 7:03 am

Will you be doing a post on Back to School (maybe backpacks/lunchboxes/some school clothes)?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 29, 2017 at 7:29 am

• Reply Crystal July 30, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Ashby is such a cutie in her glasses! Those notebooks are really cute too.

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life July 30, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Oh my gosh how cute is Ashby!?!? Love those glasses!! And those nap mats are adorable!!

• Reply Sarah Tucker August 3, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Just ordered Graham his first nap mat from that lady! Can’t believe me BABY needs a nap mat for school! Ahhh! Thanks for the recommendation!!

• Reply Casey August 4, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Dear Shay,
    I don’t know if you heard, but FALL IS COMING!!!!!!!! I’d love a Friday Favorite (or overly insightful) look into the Back-to-School closet picks by Miss Kensington! I’m feeling lost on this ‘big little girl’ fashion phase lately. Help!

• Reply Detroit Duchess August 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm

I LOVE the pineapple cover on that notebook! I am obsessed with pineapples lately.

• Reply Kelsey August 16, 2017 at 11:58 am

Love these mats! My little one will be starting daycare for the 1st time soon and he’s never slept on a cot. I’m worrying so much about how he’ll adjust to the sleeping there. I showed a friend who’s son is in daycare and she told me they’d get ruined there, I don’t think that’d be the case if they’re washable? Do you wash weekly? Thanks!