Hamptons 2017

Last weekend, Andrew and I took off to explore some place new.  We have always wanted to check out the Hamptons in New York, so we dropped off the kids, flew to NYC and drove out to see what it was all about.  As much as we love traveling with our kiddos, it’s always so nice to get away just the two of us.  Now, some disclaimers before we begin:

1: There are a lot of pictures of food below!  Ha!  I was not expecting the food to be SO DANG GOOD!  Every meal was exceptional!  If I went back, I would want to eat at all of these places all over again because they were simply delicious!!  We made reservations beforehand for dinner, but the breakfast and lunch spots were just walk up…and all of it was incredible!

2: There are a lot of selfies below.  I mean…without cute kids to photograph, my camera roll was filled with some selfies and pictures of food.  #priorities

3: It’s not super easy to get to the Hamptons.  We flew from DFW to NYC and then rented a car and drove to the Hamptons.  With traffic, it took us 3 hours to get there from the airport.  It was well worth it once we arrived, but it just wasn’t exactly convenient.

Here’s a look at our long weekend in the Hamptons…

IMG_5566

On Wednesday night after dinner and showers (hence what we’re wearing), we dropped off the kids at my parents’ house and headed to the hotel right next to the airport.  My parents live by the airport, so we just stayed there the night before because our flight left at 6:00 AM.  We were pumped to be getting away for a few days!

IMG_5568

Bright and early at the airport!  I’m pretty sure it’s 5:00 AM here.  Early flights are always a good idea when you book them…but the morning of, they always seem like a terrible idea 😉 .

(And you know that green dress I love so much?  I bought it in black too and it was perfect for the flight because it didn’t look wrinkled at all…which is good since I wore it on a 3 hour flight and then a 3 hour car trip!  I wore it with my Ugg wedges that I love so much and my new Kate Spade studs from the Anniversary Sale.)

IMG_5574

We drove from NYC to Montauk and arrived at our resort ready to explore and eat lunch!  This is the view from our hotel room.  Not too shabby, right?!  We stayed at Gurney’s and loved it!  That being said, Montauk is the furthest city in the cluster of cities that makes up the Hamptons and if we had to do it again, we would have stayed in East Hampton because it’s a little more centrally located.  However…THAT VIEW was worth the drive!!

IMG_5575

Happy to be there!!  (And I’m pretty obsessed lately with Charlotte Tilbury lipstick.  This one is called Bosworth’s Beauty.)

IMG_5576

Another shot from our room.  So, we freshened up a bit and headed into Montauk to walk around and find some place to eat.

IMG_5577

We stopped at St. Peter’s Catch to enjoy…

IMG_5580

…their fish tacos!  Oh my word!  I expected the food to be good on this trip, but friends, it was INSANELY GOOD!

After lunch, we walked the town of Montauk and then decided to stop here…

IMG_5582

…The Sloppy Tuna for the view (that’s our table right there by the window) and…

IMG_5586

…the frozen rose.  Yes, ma’am!

IMG_5583

It’s only day one of our vacation and we’re already having so much fun!  (Top HERE)

IMG_5589

Montauk seemed very much like a cozy little beach town.  We enjoyed walking around, checking out the pier, watching the people and such.

IMG_5595

We ended up eating dinner on our first night at the restaurant in our hotel because it came so highly rated online.  When we were researching places to eat…it kept reigning supreme, so we had reservations for dinner there that evening.  The restaurant was right on the water.

IMG_5598

We enjoyed appetizers outside before heading to our table.  It was my goal to consume as much seafood as humanly possible, and the lobster pasta that night fit the bill!  (Along with the calamari too.)

IMG_5597

And I love my romper.  I’ve been saving it for this trip, but now, I’m going to wear it all.the.time.  (And those are the heels you’ve seen me in approximately 6 billion times this summer in tan nubuck.)

IMG_5610

The next morning, we drove into Montauk to enjoy breakfast at a diner there.  Sheaffer texted me and asked me what I was doing and we sent her this picture…and she said it looked like we were in a cage.  Ha!  It’s the building next door behind the glass.

IMG_5616

After breakfast, we drove over to East Hampton which quickly became our very favorite city!!  It was SO CUTE!!!!

IMG_5621

We heart East Hampton.  And PS: that’s that scalloped shirt from the Anniversary Sale that sold out and then restocked!

IMG_5630

IMG_5634

I love a man who will buy me a donut at 10:00 AM just because.

IMG_5635

They reminded me of the cider donuts we used to eat when we lived in Michigan.

IMG_5637

And then it was time for lunch.  Bam.  Bostwick’s Chowder House was A-MAZING!

IMG_5639

Lobster tacos for the WIN!

IMG_5641

We spent the afternoon checking out Sag Harbor.  We quickly decided that it was our second favorite Hampton city.  It was darling!

IMG_5643

IMG_5651

And then, after strolling and enjoying Sag Harbor, we drove back and stopped in Amagansett.

IMG_5646

We did a little shopping and exploring before we headed back to Montauk to get freshened up for dinner.

IMG_5657

And then, we ate dinner in East Hampton at 1770 House!  This restaurant is located inside an old house and it was beautiful.  The whole meal was delish (I had a truffled pasta dish), but our favorite part was the cheese board they served with apple butter and honey.  Everything on the board was local and soooooo good!  My dress is HERE.

IMG_5658

We found ourselves back at breakfast the next morning in Montauk.  Seriously…all we did was eat. Ha! It was so good though!!! (And this is another Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Liv it Up and my top is HERE.)  And PS: I gave up on doing my hair.  It was too hot and humid!

IMG_5660

After breakfast, we drove over to Bridgehampton.

IMG_5666

Anyone recognize this Skinny Girl’s house?  That beautiful red gate gives it away, right?! #bethennyfrankel

We really enjoyed Bridgehampton!  We had iced tea and walked the streets and popped in and out of shops.  They had several really good antique shops there.  We also drove around through Sagaponack too on our way out.

IMG_5669

Urg.  We spent a lot of time in traffic on this trip.  It was worth it…but seriously, the traffic. Urg.

IMG_5670

Me oh my oh!  We had heard that the Lobster Roll in Amagansett had the BEST lobster rolls in the country (from multiple sources!), so we couldn’t wait to check it out.

IMG_5673

I could live off of this meal right here.  In fact, after German food, go ahead and put down “lobster rolls and fries with slaw” as my second favorite food.

IMG_5675

It was Saturday and we looked on our map to see where the traffic was the heaviest and the lightest and the winning spot was…Sag Harbor.  So, even though we had been there the day before, we wanted to spend our day out and about, so we headed there again.  It was so dang cute that we did not mind!

IMG_5678

I kept waiting to see Andy Cohen come walking down the street.  He lives here too…and I LOVE me some Andy Cohen!

IMG_5685

We finished off our trip with dinner at The Palm.  Again, props to this restaurant for major ambiance!  It’s in an hold inn and it was so pretty inside!

IMG_5687

We were ready to enjoy our supper!  Andrew had the surf and turf and I had the halibut which they told me was caught a mere 3 hours before dinner. #wowzers

IMG_5689

And because we weren’t ready to call it a day…we walked around East Hampton one last time and had an ice cream cone.  (Seriously, we ATE while we were there!)

IMG_5724

One last panoramic view from our hotel room before we left.

This was a great trip!  We loved the food, the little towns, the walking around, the views…all of it!  We’ve already decided that we will be back!!

xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 27, 2017 at 4:40 am

Oh my gosh, you went to the Hamptons! I’ve only ever written about it in my copywriting job, haha. It must’ve been a real treat too, travelling without the kids and having some time to yourselves. Glad to hear you had a fun time!

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 27, 2017 at 4:43 am

Yummy!!! I enjoyed every single food pic you shared! The food looks delicious, the towns are all so charming, and the views! What a fun getaway!

• Reply Eileen July 27, 2017 at 5:24 am

I live about an hour from the Hamptons and we always love driving out there for the day, especially in the summer! Next time you have to check out Southampton as well – it’s one of our favorite places to spend the day.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 5:41 am

We were going to do Southhampton and are so bummed we missed it…but with traffic, it said it would have taken a sweet forever to get there, so we skipped it. Next time, we’re going to hit it for sure!

• Reply Eileen McCullough July 27, 2017 at 7:48 am

Hamptons traffic is the worst! Especially in the summer. I can imagine it took forever to get out there from NYC. We were at the children’s museum in East Hampton last Thursday and the traffic was insane. Also the beaches out there are a must do – some of the best. Gurneys was a fabulous place to stay. Your pics and experiences make me want to head out there for a staycation!

• Reply Sarah July 27, 2017 at 5:27 am

Wow!!! I would love to go there!! Have you been to South Walton area of Florida (near Destin)? We went about a month ago and I’m completely obsessed. The specific area we stayed at was Rosemary Beach, which is near Seacrest Beach and Alys Beach. Cannot recommend more!! Looks similar to the Hamptons (well, based on your photos haha!) but traffic wasn’t bad at all!!! (We did go during the week, though)

Glad you had such a good time!!! And yay for time away with the hubs!!!

-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply JoAnn July 27, 2017 at 8:55 am

South Walton is my favorite!!! I’m a Florida girl, so I may be biased, but I’ve never been to prettier beaches in the U.S. than the ones in South Walton and Okaloosa counties!

• Reply Stacie Hoffman July 28, 2017 at 9:55 pm

We just got back from Seaside! It is one of our favorite vacation spots. The beaches are pristine. We love all
      Of 30A. Rosemary Beach is adorable- we loved their Farmer’s Market. So much to see and do in that whole area.

• Reply Susan Jeffries July 27, 2017 at 5:30 am

I have always wanted to visit the Hamptons! Thanks for the great tips!

• Reply Courtney July 27, 2017 at 5:53 am

Looks like a fun and relaxing trip! Did you do a lot of shopping? Were there touristy things to do or visit?
    XO
    Courtney

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 6:06 am

We did a lot of looking, but really didn’t buy anything. This trip was more about relaxing, strolling, eating and enjoying.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner July 27, 2017 at 6:00 am

How do you decide sheets you want to travel to? Do you decide together or have a list of places? Sounds like such a fun and relaxing trip! So glad you got to enjoy it

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 6:05 am

We have a running dialog about places we want to visit. We talk about traveling a lot over here, so we’re always suggesting/researching/thinking about places we want to go.

• Reply Renee July 27, 2017 at 6:11 am

Shay, please never put your feet on the dashboard while passengering. My husband’s cousin did that and got hit while leaving a Blue Jays game in TO. She shattered both of her legs and could not walk for nearly a year. Her partner that was driving was unharmed. The paramedics told her partner that had her legs been on the floor of the car, her injuries would be minimal or even non-existant.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 6:25 am

That’s awful! To be fair though…my feet were up there while we were sitting still. It took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to go about five miles. The car wasn’t even moving. Urg. Such horrible traffic!

• Reply Megan Butler July 27, 2017 at 6:15 am

I’m officially hungry!!!!!

• Reply Suzanne Dotson July 27, 2017 at 6:17 am

If you loved the Hamptons you will love Maine. When I go I stay in Rockland by the water. It is central to several towns. Boothbay. Camden, Belfast, Bar Harbor. Tons of lobster and lobster rolls. Beautiful little towns. If you ever decide you want to visit I would be glad to tell you where to eat.

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams July 27, 2017 at 6:31 am

I’m with you Shay, give my a lobster roll, fries and coleslaw anyday all day! The food and selfies were awesome, so glad you guys had a great time 🙂

• Reply kim July 27, 2017 at 6:34 am

The Hampton’s are my Fav place ever and I DREAM of The lobster Taco from Bostwicks all winter. Next time Fly into Hartford, rent a car, Drive to New London and take the Ferry – MUCH EASIER

• Reply Mary Woods July 27, 2017 at 6:37 am

Looks like so much fun! Do you know what color your Ray Bans are?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 7:00 am

They’re blue but I don’t know which ones exactly. I’m sorry!!

• Reply Amy in PA July 27, 2017 at 6:39 am

Did you check out The Barefoot Contessa? Looks like a fun trip!

• Reply Maureen July 27, 2017 at 11:25 pm

There is no actual Barefoot Countessa storefront anymore! Sad! 😞 But Ina Garten still lives in the Hamptons and she has an office on the second floor of the building her old storefront used to be in! 🌞

• Reply Alexis deZayas July 27, 2017 at 6:41 am

Sounds like such a sweet trip!! Obsessed with your new romper! So so cute!

• Reply Lisa Sanabria July 27, 2017 at 6:52 am

I live in Hampton Bays and my niece works at Bostwick’s! Such a surprise you were out our way. Many of those restaurants are some of our favorites too, and the traffic is definitely the worst on summer weekends. If you’re ever back out here, try Cowfish or Rumba in Hampton Bays, and come in September or October. Beautiful weather and smaller crowds. Also try wine tasting on the North Fork.

• Reply Laura July 27, 2017 at 7:21 am

Looks heavenly!!

• Reply Sheri July 27, 2017 at 7:37 am

Yall are adorable! Such a fun trip!

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 27, 2017 at 7:38 am

What a fun little trip! Those towns are adorable, and the food looked amazing!!! Now, I’m craving seafood everything!

• Reply Tara Smith-Vera July 27, 2017 at 7:43 am

Great photos! I live on the North Fork of Long Island which is another great place to visit. Next time you come in it would be better to fly into Islip for a quicker drive to either fork!

• Reply Angelique July 27, 2017 at 7:44 am

I’ve seen so many movies and shows set in the Hamptons (Sex and the City, Something’s Gotta Give, Something Borrowed, and The Affair), and they’ve really romanticized it for me. Thanks for sharing your real-life adventure – you’ve given me a reason to look back into going. Now if I can just talk my husband into it … 🙂

• Reply Jen July 27, 2017 at 7:49 am

Looks amazing!! So important for parents to do this!! ❤️

• Reply Carolyn July 27, 2017 at 7:51 am

Hi Shay! Such a fun trip! My best friend just got married at Gurneys in June and I loved staying there. Did you guys go down to the hotel beach at all? I thought it was so funny the hotel seems so serene and spa-like and then the beach is an absolute club scene! Very unexpected haha!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 8:18 am

Hahahahaha! Yes! That’s a good description! We said we needed one extra day just to spend at the beach there!

• Reply Lauren July 27, 2017 at 7:51 am

Looks like a beautiful, relaxing trip. Now that you’ve been to Montauk, you have to binge watch the Showtime show “The Affair”. It takes place there and you’ll be able to recognize some of the restaurants and spots you saw while you were there. It’s a great show!

• Reply Michelle P July 27, 2017 at 10:09 am

Yes! You have to watch The Affair! It’s intense and twisted and keeps you in the edge of your seat. You would love it!!! But it’s based in Montauk and NYC! It’s a good one to binge

• Reply Christy July 27, 2017 at 7:53 am

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! What color are your toe nails? I love it! Also, LOVED the romper!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 8:16 am

OPI Alpine Snow 🙂

• Reply Sheaffer Sims July 27, 2017 at 7:54 am

That lobster roll looked LEGIT.

• Reply Meredith July 27, 2017 at 8:02 am

Looks like such a great time and hello #skinnygirl house stalking . hahaha

• Reply Elizabeth July 27, 2017 at 8:02 am

Looks like an amazing trip. What color is your nail polish?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 8:16 am

OPI Let’s Be Friends!

• Reply Lara M July 27, 2017 at 8:04 am

That looks like a great trip! Love the food pics! Are you wearing a toe ring on your right foot in the pic where your feet are up on the dash? And PS – my favorite pic of you is the one you sent to Sheaffer in “the cage” with your hair up, you look fab and naturally beautiful!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 8:16 am

Ha! No, a band-aide!

• Reply Desiree | Beautifully Seaside July 27, 2017 at 8:16 am

I love that Hamptons and I’m so glad you got a chance to visit there! We spent time in Southampton! Oh my is that little town adorable! And the beach was incredible! It cost $40 a car to park there! Lol! Here in Miami it’s like $5 I think. But it was well worth the $40! Loved all of your pictures! XO

• Reply Desiree | Beautifully Seaside July 27, 2017 at 8:17 am

Oops I see I left some typos!

• Reply Rosie July 27, 2017 at 8:31 am

No beach?! Gurneys has a gorgeous set up on the beach!! You really missed out!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:46 am

I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not…but we’re not exactly beach people. We’re “explore cities” kind of people (which is why we rarely vacation at the beach!).

• Reply Allison D. July 27, 2017 at 8:34 am

I live in Montauk for the summer (NYC in the winter) and Gurney’s is the best! We own a house and my husband and I still want to stay there for a night 🙂 Next time, skip all the traffic throughout the Hamptons and stick to Montauk! There’s so much more to explore right in our little (actually huge) town! The Harvest and Inlet Seafood are amazing restaurants, and you HAVE to go to the Montauket bar for the sunset. Finally, what about the beach?!?!?! Ditch Plains is THE surfer beach of the Northeast, in fact I was stand-up paddle boarding there on Saturday!

• Reply Courtney July 27, 2017 at 8:37 am

I live in Michigan and had no idea you once did too!! Cider Mill donuts are a fall staple around here.

Your family would have so much fun on a vacation in up north Michigan… Traverse City, Harbor Springs, Mackinaw Island, Sleeping Bear Dunes. Check it out!!

• Reply Alyssa July 27, 2017 at 8:40 am

Where did you get the navy and pink dress from? So pretty!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:45 am

It was a romper I bought from Nordstrom back in March!

• Reply Katie July 27, 2017 at 8:43 am

What a fun trip! I have noticed you are a Louis Vuitton lover like myself I am wondering what wallet do you keep in your smaller crossbodies? I have wanted to add the Eva or Pallas to my collection but have zero clue what wallet would work in them.

• Reply Deb July 27, 2017 at 8:46 am

Looks like a fabulous weekend, and a Range Rover rental, now that’s the way to travel!! You must one day visit our beautiful little towns on 30A in So Walton County, Florida! Rosemary, Alys, and Seaside, so much fun!

• Reply Britt July 27, 2017 at 9:45 pm

I second visiting 30a area! Not beach people? These not crowded, white sand-Chrystal blue waters may convince you & if not, the most adorable towns & best food (though lobster rolls probably aren’t as great as in ne! Idk never had one! But rest of fresh seafood is!) no traffic & perfect to visit any time of year! Love your romper & you & your husband are such a gorgeous couple with a beautiful family. Great for y’all to get away on your own for a few days. Wonderful that your parents take on the kids for y’all! What great support!

• Reply Mary Beth Black July 27, 2017 at 9:05 am

I live in NYC and love The Hamptons. I stay in Amagansett when I go out there so know a lot of those restaurants – good choices. I was cracking up that yall went to The Sloppy Tuna. Good thing you went on a week day. That place turns into an all day club/party on the weekends.

• Reply Keisha M Dawson July 27, 2017 at 9:13 am

This looks like the perfect little getaway. Food, shopping, and just being together is our kind of trip! The food looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

• Reply Lilly Gorman July 27, 2017 at 9:14 am

DEFINITELY adding the Hamptons to our “places to visit” list! Looks like just the kind of vacation we like! Have y’all been to Charleston? You’d love it, too!

• Reply Julie July 27, 2017 at 9:20 am

What a cute couple-glad you guys had a fun break! Do you watch ‘The Affair?’ One of my favorite TV shows and it takes place in Montauk. It might be fun to watch after your visit. I want to see a picture of the kids’ faces when you guys got home 🙂

• Reply Rebecca W. July 27, 2017 at 9:21 am

What an amazing trip!!! You said it was hot and humid there. Do you know what the temperature was?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:44 am

Only like 94 (which for a Texas girl isn’t bad)…but we wanted to be outdoors as much as possible, so between that and the humidity…it felt warm.

• Reply heidi July 27, 2017 at 9:25 am

What a quaint place. .so much fun.
    You liked darling and now I feel like I need to go buy a charlotte Tilbury lipstick lol
    I’m embarrassed to say I don’t like fish ( my husband promises me if I ate fresh fish I would like it).. but that ice cream 😍😍 lol
    3hrs drive is so normal where I am. It takes me 1.5hrs to get to costco booo
    Glad you had an amazing time!

• Reply Shawnna Griffin July 27, 2017 at 9:36 am

hey girl- The Hamptons look amazing! Love the pics! The food looks so yummy! Glad y’all had a great trip!

• Reply Angela Ellingson July 27, 2017 at 9:44 am

What a fun, relaxing, yummy trip! Girl, your hair looks good even when you give up on it. 😉 I love your vacation recaps so much! Living vicariously through you while we work on paying off student loans.

• Reply Elizabeth Valdez July 27, 2017 at 9:54 am

The froze looked AMAZING!! Great pics!

• Reply Natalie July 27, 2017 at 9:56 am

I just want to know how you always check in to your hotels early 🙂 Please share your secret…is it as simple as just asking?!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:44 am

We checked in around 2:00…but yes, it’s almost always as simple as asking in advance!

• Reply Barbara Parnell July 27, 2017 at 10:21 am

Glad you had a great time here on Long Island. I live on the south shore ,closer to NYC,which also has some of the best beaches in the country. The beauty about LI,besides its gorgeous beaches, is that there is an abundance of fresh seafood ,as well as farms on the east end,which grow amazing produce..so food here is great!! I’m sure you drove right past my town on the way.Did you fly into JFK? That particular weekend was extremely hot and humid here.Yes, traffic on the east end is torture,but I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ve lived here my entire life and still haven’t made it all the way out to the east end,but it is on my bucket list,and soon,I hope! NExt time you should bring the kids..they would love it here..lots to do!!

• Reply Barbara Parnell July 27, 2017 at 10:23 am

BTW, The 1770 House is one of Ina Garten’s fav restaurants.

• Reply Sabrina July 27, 2017 at 10:31 am

Fun weekend! All of the seafood is a dream for me. You look gorgeous in every pic! What earrings are those your wearing with the orange anthro dress!?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:43 am

They’re BP from Nordstrom!

• Reply Mary Jane McNeill July 27, 2017 at 10:48 am

After discovering lobster rolls in Martha’s Vineyard (we just don’t have those in South Georgia 🙂 ), my trip to Nantucket in May was nothing BUT lobster rolls every day! AND ice cream from The Juice Bar! (Thanks for that recommendation!).

• Reply Denise July 27, 2017 at 10:49 am

LOVE your blog…and so enjoyed seeing you and your daughter on the Today show…What color are the earrings…LOVE these…

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:42 am

I bought the gold and clear!

• Reply Kelly July 27, 2017 at 10:53 am

I absolutely adore those Steve Maddens you have and need something just like it for a friend’s wedding. Are they comfortable despite the tall, thin heel?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 11:42 am

Yes! And I don’t think they’re too too too tall either!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick July 27, 2017 at 11:16 am

Oh my gosh, girl!!! That food looks amazing and I’m now craving a lobster roll…although I’ve never actually had one before. But it looks delicious. And everything (including y’all!) looks just picture perfect! I want to go!!

• Reply Sarah July 27, 2017 at 11:21 am

Montauk is so fun to just chill out – the food is so amazing! If you ever get a chance to go back, go to Greenport for the day. It’s super cute and a little bit more laid back. We used to boat up to one of the bars there in the summer and it was the best.

• Reply Ann Marie Tennison July 27, 2017 at 12:01 pm

How fun!!! This makes me excited as we are road trippin’ it RIGHT now for our no kiddos get-away!! It looked like y’all had a blast!

• Reply Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World July 27, 2017 at 12:18 pm

What an amazing getaway! I’ve been dying to see your pictures! I’m glad that you and Andrew got to have some time away to recharge. It’s always good to get away with the hubs!

• Reply Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World July 27, 2017 at 12:20 pm

P.S. Every time I hear somebody talk about Montauk I always think about the Friends episode with the jellyfish where the boys had to pee on Monica’s leg. Hahahaha.

• Reply Jaren July 27, 2017 at 12:26 pm

That looks like a wonderful getaway! Eating is always the best part of vacation!!

• Reply Natalie July 27, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Hi Shay… love this post. Looks like a great getaway with Andrew.. makes me wanna go.. what Louis Vuitton bag is that? I pulled up several and don’t seem to see that one.. thanks Shay… Have a great day…😀

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Oh goodness? I don’t remember???

• Reply cassie {hi sugarplum} July 27, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I’m dying to check out that part of the country…nantucket is high on my list too, thanks to hildebrand novels! 🙂 You guys are adorable and looks like a great time!

• Reply Christina July 27, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Your trip looked amazing! We just got back from a trip in Kennebunkport & Camden, Maine. Definitely think you guys would enjoy if you haven’t been before! Seems to have a similar feel. 🙂

• Reply Erica July 27, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Where’s your necklace from?? So cute.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Stella & Dot!

• Reply Connie July 27, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I’m so glad you two had a nice trip! I live in Michigan and yes those cider mill donuts are the best!!! Where are Andrew’s polo shirts from? (If you don’t mind sharing) I would like to get my hubby a few. Thank you Shay! 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 5:01 am

Pretty sure they’re J. Crew!!

• Reply Ellie July 27, 2017 at 3:02 pm

I spent many a summer in the Hamptons, moving closer and closer to the city each summer because of traffic – Amagansett to Sagaponack to Bridgehampton to Southampton. I love it out there, so pretty.
    Since you mentioned you are not beach people, I’m curious as to why you chose to stay in Montauk instead of in one of the proper Hampton towns? Especially since it is a real haul to get from Montauk to where you really seemed to enjoy spending time.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 5:01 am

When we saw pics of that resort, we really wanted to stay there. It was so nice!

• Reply Jenny Simler July 27, 2017 at 3:17 pm

I went to the Anthropologie site to buy that striped tank, and it’s on sale for 17 bucks!!! Score!

• Reply Laura C. July 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Shay, thanks SO much for posting about this!! I’ve been researching on a trip to the Hamptons in the last month and this blog post was so helpful! Did you feel like you were there long enough to see everything without feeling rushed?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 5:01 am

I think we both agreed that we could have stayed longer! We really enjoyed our time there :).

• Reply Bethany July 27, 2017 at 4:21 pm

What a great getaway! Plus with tacos! Amazing!

• Reply Jaime Whatley July 27, 2017 at 4:58 pm

What a fun trip! I know you have talked about your favorite clothes for you and your kids, but what about Andrew? What do you typically pack for him to wear when you are all dressed up for dinner? I love your blog and that you share all your favorites.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 5:00 am

Oh heavens, he packs himself! He buys stuff mostly from J. Crew and Nordstrom!

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design July 27, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Okay, adding this location to my vacation list right now! It looks like you guys had the best time!!

LauraLikesDesign.com/blog

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life July 27, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Hamptons is on my list too!! Looks like an amazing little getaway!

• Reply Kathy July 27, 2017 at 11:14 pm

When did you live in Michigan and where? Why did you leave?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 28, 2017 at 4:57 am

We lived in Dearborn, MI the first year we were married (04-05) because of Andrew’s job. We loved it! It was beautiful!!

• Reply Lauren July 27, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I feel like this was a trip just for eating, which is the BEST kind of trip there is!! So happy you had fun. 😄

• Reply Candice July 28, 2017 at 7:07 am

I live about an hour away from the hamptons and we go to the lobster roll all the time! Seriously best. Lobster. Roll. Ever. If you go back I suggest going back in the fall! Out east is known for their pumpkin and apple picking! Traffic can be the worst. Idk who thought it would be a good idea to make one lane going in each direction!

• Reply Dawn Engle July 28, 2017 at 4:07 pm

I am a Long Islander and I just LOVE the Hamptons!! Looks like you had an amazing trip! If you like wine, you need to visit the “North Fork” of Long Island at some point. Many great wineries there – you’ll think you were in California – minus the mountains!! Great food there too!! Stay in Greenport. Another travel tip if you ever come to visit eastern Long Island – Fly into Islip (ISP) airport. You’ll likely need to layover (Southwest is the major airline that flies in/out of there) but is will save you TONS of time vs. driving in traffic from JFK or Laguardia. The layover is WELL worth it! I just LOVE your blog – your sweet kiddos, family and amazing recipes!!!! I would have gone all fan girl on you if I ran into in the Hamptons!! (Or anywhere!)

• Reply Lacey July 29, 2017 at 9:28 am

What a lovely trip! Add Alys beach to your travel ideas. It’s a beautiful area. You’ll park your car when you get there and spend your days exploring Alys/Rosemary on bikes. It’s gorgeous and the food is AMAZING! All locally sourced and so fresh. No hotels, no chain restaurants, no traffic, just quaint beach houses and a sweet little beach town. Our favorite time to go is March or April.

• Reply Vali Burkenstock August 3, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Hi Lacey! We’re also obsessed with Rosemary area. Do you have any rental recommendations?

• Reply Amy Rae DeVito July 29, 2017 at 3:37 pm

I grew up on Long Island and I loved visiting the Hamptons! It looks like you had a great trip! Thank you for sharing!

PS: If I wasn’t hungry before reading this post, I certainly am now! I need a lobster roll ASAP! 😉

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt July 29, 2017 at 4:57 pm

You taking a picture of Bethenny Frankel’s house is the best part of the trip haha! I’m all about trying to find a celebrity’s home haha!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Jenn July 30, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I also have lived on Long Island all my life. We are blessed with many beautiful towns and beaches. I live on south shore in the middle of Suffolk. Traffic does stink but definitely try the north fork, Shelter island and Greenport. Also there are so many beautiful back roads you can take to avoid some of traffic. Better to visit in September and October.

• Reply Kaitlin July 30, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Shay, Love your post! What foundation/ tinted moisturizer are you wearing here? You look flawless, but I love that your freckles are showing through!

• Reply Vali Burkenstock August 3, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Can you link your sunglasses? I love them!

• Reply Detroit Duchess August 4, 2017 at 1:58 pm

So fun! It’s like you were in an episode of Revenge…but less dramatic haha! Next time you have a hankering for one of those donuts let me know and I will overnight you some from the cider mill!