Life lately.

Happy happy happy Thursday, friends!

I have a very random assortment of life lately pictures for you today…but I’m starting off with this…

LemondestandProject

My sweet friend Courtney (who I’ve told you guys about before) runs one of my very favorite non-profits, Mission Regan, and they’re having their annual Lemonade Stand Project again this month.  If your kiddos want to participate, you can head HERE to see the details.  I love, love, love Courtney and her family (they have a son from Uganda) and am always happy to help, so I hope you are too!  And let’s face it…your kids would LOVE to have a lemonade stand!

Okay, a bit of life lately…

IMG_4691

Summer nights=golf nights for the Shull six!

IMG_4685

I mean…maybe if I dress the part, then I’ll look like I know what I’m doing?

IMG_4693

Ah!  I love this picture!  Madeley had walked out to watch us putt, and I saw this as we were walking back to our carts.

IMG_4705

One, two, three Shull kids in Smith’s bed.

IMG_4714

We had a picnic in the backyard!

IMG_4738

I mean…this kid just makes me SMILE!

IMG_4742

Brunch dates…

IMG_4744

…they love their daddy.

IMG_4753

One of these days, one of them is going to fall in the fountain.

IMG_4765

When you accidentally show up to the pool matching your bestie, you MUST buy matching popsicles too.

IMG_4785

My dad buries a time capsule in Colorado for each grand kid.  This summer, he’s burying Samuel and Madeley’s boxes…so, on this night, the big kids stayed up late writing their letters to Madeley.  Oh my word!  If you’re worried about what adoption will do to your bio kids, here me say this: IT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST BLESSING FOR OURS.  These letters just made my mama heart burst!  They love their two little sisters so much.  To see my posts on Kensington’s box, click HERE, Smith’s box, click HERE and Ashby’s box, click HERE.

IMG_4787

She insisted on having her picture taken here at church. #spacegirl

IMG_4791

On July 2, we celebrated Samuel’s first birthday!  I took approximately 4 billion pictures…

IMG_4816

…and this was the best that I got.  Ha!  Love these five so much!!

IMG_4830

We love a splash pad!

IMG_4833

IMG_4840

Friday night ice cream…with Barbies, of course!

IMG_4965

Those lashes. 🙂

IMG_5006

All smiles before procedure #9!  This girl is my HERO!!!

IMG_5153

He hung out with me before my class at the gym (then he went to the kids area).  I love this boy!

IMG_5164

On this particular day, it was just me and the evens running errands 🙂 .

IMG_5174

We took this pic to celebrate 10 months with Miss Madeley!

IMG_5178

And the big news from our house this week is that one of us needs glasses!  One got new classes and one is just a complete ham!

That’s a little look at life lately!

xo

Print Friendly

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 13, 2017 at 4:37 am

The besties picture is the cutest. Twinning at best! And all the photos of the goggles and the glasses!

• Reply Bethany July 13, 2017 at 5:34 am

Love all the swimming and water fun! Are are the procedure going? Prayers for that brave girl! Love her spirit! God has BIG plans!

• Reply Gentry July 13, 2017 at 5:35 am

Ashby is too cute in her little glasses!! Love these fun recaps of your life lately- thanks for letting us share in the fun with you!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner July 13, 2017 at 5:43 am

So fun! How is Madeley adjusting to having the older three home for summer? Does she love having more people to play with? Have a great day!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 5:47 am

She is spoiled rotten! Ha! She loves it!

• Reply Courtney July 13, 2017 at 5:50 am

Are you white shoes you’re wearing in the golf picture tennis shoes or golf shoes – where from? Super cute! And I love the idea about the time capsules, Papa Jay for the win!
    XO
    Courtney

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:40 am

They’re golf shoes from a local golf store!

• Reply Alexis deZayas July 13, 2017 at 5:51 am

Love these posts! That picture of Andrew and Madeley on the golf course is so sweet!

• Reply Amy July 13, 2017 at 6:13 am

Love all the photos. Where did you get your golf shoes?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:40 am

A golf store here in town :).

• Reply Narci Dreffs July 13, 2017 at 6:57 am

Well, how precious are y’all? I love the picture of you and Smith before class! So sweet!

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design July 13, 2017 at 7:06 am

Those popsicles that Kensington and Ebby Lee are holding look SO delicious!

LauraLikesDesign.com/Blog

• Reply Angelique July 13, 2017 at 7:10 am

We love golfing at night too but I can’t imagine it with four kids. Any tips for getting the littlest ones to stay in the cart most of the 9 holes? My two-year-old lasts 10 minutes and then is crazy!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 7:26 am

We let them get out and run around!

• Reply Jaqueline July 13, 2017 at 7:19 am

Somehow Madeley reminds me of a minion I the last picture 😀
    P.S. Hi from Germany!

• Reply Ariadna July 13, 2017 at 7:22 am

I love the last picture so much!! How did Ashby take to wearing glasses? I still the remember the post you wrote when Smith got them and how upset Kensington was that she didn’t get any but Smith did. You have such a fun family!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 7:26 am

Kensington’s reaction was different this time. She was sad for Ashby (which was sweet), but we tried keeping it very upbeat about how fun it will be and how special the glasses are :). They will be finished next week and then she’ll start wearing them all the time.

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 13, 2017 at 7:41 am

Gosh, how I wish Madeley had a personality. 😉

• Reply Kathleen July 13, 2017 at 7:50 am

Super cute pix.
    My kid did fall in a fountain. It was a weird one that was in the ground and he leaning over. I was a split second too late. He is fine and it makes for a funny story now.

• Reply Francie July 13, 2017 at 7:55 am

Madeley and Ashby look so cute in those glasses. Love it! http://www.supersimpleways.com

• Reply Tracy July 13, 2017 at 8:12 am

Looks like you’re having a great summer! How’s your bucket list coming along? I sure miss doing those with my kids!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:35 pm

We were just discussing the next thing we wanted to mark off yesterday at lunch!!

• Reply Kathy Roe July 13, 2017 at 8:19 am

I love love love the picture of Madeley with the little ruffled overalls. So sweet!! All of your kids are precious. You always write in such a way that I feel like I know you and your family personally. Such a gift!

• Reply Jamie July 13, 2017 at 8:23 am

Hello from New Jersey! Would we able to contact your friend in regards to helping Mission Reagan with a stand from up here? Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:34 pm

• Reply Julianne Rill July 13, 2017 at 8:32 am

Random question: shopping for a new family car currently. Would you mind sharing the kind of car you drive? Assuming it is good for car seats and loads of kids 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Sure! I drive a big old car so that everyone (and all of our stuff!) fits! I drive a Cadillac ESV.

• Reply Kelly July 13, 2017 at 8:33 am

The pic of Andrew and Madely! Becstill My Heart!

• Reply Sarah @ Foxy's Domestic Side July 13, 2017 at 8:41 am

Your kids are just adorable. I love that you make each of them a time capsule. Such a great idea! When do they get to open them?

• Reply Alicia July 13, 2017 at 8:42 am

All of your babies are so sweet and you are clearly a great mom. Can you please adopt again?

• Reply Karah Stracener July 13, 2017 at 8:52 am

I always love reading about your sweet family. The picture of Andrew and Madeley just melts my heart. You have such a precious family.

• Reply Angela Ellingson July 13, 2017 at 8:57 am

Such a fun life lately! I love that idea about the time capsule! Your dad… ❤️

• Reply DonnaS July 13, 2017 at 8:59 am

Do your kids have any cousins on your husband’s side of the family? Your family is so cute and you can see their love for each other!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:33 pm

They do!! They’re not on social media, so I respect that and keep them off of here. They’re adorable together though!

• Reply Brianna July 13, 2017 at 9:41 am

will you be covering the Nordstrom Anniversary sale?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Yes ma’am!!

• Reply Mandy Stewart July 13, 2017 at 9:51 am

Your family is just so precious. I love your life lately posts, especially keeping up with Ashby and Madeley. I got hooked to your blog when you started talking about Ashby’s adoption! Thanks for sharing!

(Also, thanks for not doing an N-sale post today! Such a nice break from the rest of the blogosphere!) 😉

• Reply Sara July 13, 2017 at 9:53 am

When did Ashby grow up?? She looks like such a big girl now!

• Reply Shannon Carrillo July 13, 2017 at 9:54 am

Shay– do you have strict bedtimes with your kids?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Not during the summer…and during the school year, they go to be around the same time each night but if something fun comes up, I don’t let them miss out just because of a set bed time :).

• Reply Sherrie Nackel July 13, 2017 at 10:13 am

You have the sweetest kids, but OMG I just cannot get over Miss Madeley. I love seeing her sweet smile.

• Reply Jen July 13, 2017 at 10:59 am

Hi Shay.. I was looking at your gorgeous pics of all your kiddos, and when I got to the one about Ashby and her procedure, it made me think. What would have happened if she would have not been adopted as far as her had goes? Would they have done all of the things you have been doing to help her over in China, or would they have let it go without any treatments? Im not familiar with her condition, but if gone untreated, would she still be ok? Just curious about that.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I can’t even bring myself to think about what would have become of sweet Ashby if she had stayed in China. No, they would not have done anything for her over there (she was 2.5 when she left and they hadn’t done a thing, so I can’t imagine that they would have started. She came from a very large orphanage, unfortunately, there was not a lot of attention to each kiddo). I’m so incredibly thankful to be her mom.

• Reply Laura July 13, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Madeley is seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

• Reply The Nelson Nook July 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Adorable as ever in glasses 🙂 Love seeing your Life Lately Posts !!!

• Reply Liz Thorson July 13, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Madeley just always makes me smile–pictures of her and things you write about her! She just radiates JOY! and I’m guessing it’s infectious!? Ashby is soooo sweet and so strong. I remember when our youngest was 6 and had to begin wearing glasses all of the time. I was so sad for him because glasses are just such a hassle for rough and tumble kids and he couldn’t wear them swimming–we live on a lake, so time spent in and on the water is huge– he participated in 6 active sports, etc. Of course I didn’t say any of this to him, and the joy he shared every. single. day. for weeks after getting his glasses because a whole new world opened up to him, well, it made me so happy for him and sad for the years of perhaps not seeing well that he missed. Sweet of Kensington to feel sad for Ashby, though. Ashby doesn’t need anything more that makes life difficult for her. You’ve shared that she is do brave and strong for her procedures and that she loves speech therapy! What an amazing, beautiful, little girl she is, Shay. Will Bowen be attending pre-K with her? As a former kindergarten teacher, I am a strong advocate for considering keeping boys home for an extra year if they are on the young side age or development wise.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Your comment melted me! Thank you so much, Liz! Yes, Bowen is five months younger than Ashby, so he will be in Pre-K too next year. Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate them more than you know.

• Reply Liz Thorson July 13, 2017 at 1:28 pm

P.S. I love what your father has done for you and Sean and each of his grandchildren. What a precious gift to you all and what a treasure for each of you.

• Reply April July 13, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Will you be sharing your Nordstrom sale buys?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Yes!! I sure will!

• Reply Britt Hensley July 13, 2017 at 9:58 pm

I didn’t think Ashby could be any cute, but add glasses & it’s incredibly adorable! I love it!!

• Reply Ashley July 13, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Gosh, I just have to wonder…does Madeley ever get crabby or cry? I have only ever seen her with the sweetest, biggest smile!! Also, I just want to thank you for being the best blogger there is. I wake up every morning looking forward to this, and it must take so much time. I really do appreciate everything you do and all that you put into this for us!

• Reply Emily July 14, 2017 at 8:06 am

Hi Shay! Greetings from Connecticut! I have never left a comment before but I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog! It’s the first one I read every day. Thanks for sharing your recipes and your beautiful family. You are an amazing woman and excellent mom. I love to see your kids’ smiles. Thank God you adopted these beautiful girls! Your kids are so blessed to have you (and Andrew)! It’s great to see you use the talents God has given you to make life so amazing for so many people. It’s been a blessing reading your blog. 😉

• Reply Gloria July 14, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Your pictures speak a thousand words of how much they love each other!! Ashby’s glasses look awesome on her, so cute!! Madeley looks like she found her a pair too…..so stinkin cute!!! Picking glasses is hard…..I have tried to do it for myself twice this week and it is just hard!! Is that splash pad around the Stonebridge area? Have a great weekend!