Life lately.

Hey there Thursday!!

I love Thursdays.  They’re like Friday Eves 🙂 .

Okay…here’s my life lately this week.  It’s your basic random assortment of this and that.  Here’s hoping you have the BEST day!

This girl.  The older she gets, the more I enjoy her company.  She’s just SWEETNESS!

Playing outside with all of my people (minus Andrew who was at a church meeting).  I find it soooooo hard to go inside when the sun is out.

We’re walkers around here.  We love to walk in the morning…and I love to walk while pushing these two girls!

Baking with my girl.  Her smile is INFECTIOUS!

Our town square has a feed store (I know…our town square has just about everything including: a magic shop, a rare bookstore, a French antique shop, a pie place, a dog store, a wedding boutique, an old fashioned candy and popcorn store, a ski shop AND SO MUCH MORE!  It’s like something out of a movie set!)…and we were in there the other day and Madeley loved looking at the baby chicks.  She kept saying “hi chickies” over and over again.

Our Saturday mornings this fall include this cutie playing flag football.

Post-flag football diner brunch.  It was a hot chocolate kind of day…or so they told me 🙂 .

Sisters.

Two of my dinner dates on Saturday night.  These two are so funny together!!  They just adore each other so much!

On Monday, we celebrated our first Gotcha Day with Madeley James!  How sweet is this girl?!  Look at this picture…

September 11, 2016 and September 11, 2017

It’s amazing how much she changed over the last year!!

We started off our day with a big group picture in bed.  Look at the picture from the very same date last year…

They’ve all grown so much!!!

Everyone wanted their picture taken with our special Gotcha Day girl!

Oh how I love these four so much!!  And yes, it was hat day at school 😉 .

We celebrated her big day with dinner out that night.  We always sing “Happy Gotcha Day to you” instead of “Happy Birthday to You 🙂 .

The Shull Six one year later!  I thank God for these five every single day.  I am so blessed by them.

Happy Thursday, friends. xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 14, 2017 at 4:39 am

The photo of the kids in matching shirts in bed is the cutest! Such sweet siblings!

• Reply Leslie Z. September 14, 2017 at 4:43 am

Smith looks so old in his flat football picture!!! One thing has certainly changed in Madeley in the past year…that girl has an amazing tan! 😀

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 14, 2017 at 4:46 am

Madeley needs some baby chicks for her birthday!! I know what she’s getting from me. 😉

• Reply Susan Jeffries September 14, 2017 at 4:46 am

Such a precious Tim ein your life. And Ashby is getting so tall!! Look at those legs! Love it!!

• Reply Beth September 14, 2017 at 4:56 am

Thanks post radiates so much joy today! I’m so glad to start my day on a high note. Thanks for sharing! Have an amazing day, Shay!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner September 14, 2017 at 5:30 am

So cute and fun! I’m erring excited for you fall posts! Fall is my favorite time of year and your posts make it all the better!

• Reply Narci September 14, 2017 at 5:44 am

So many cute pictures today!! Love that picture of you and K! She is just pure sweetness!!

• Reply Kelly Nagy September 14, 2017 at 5:48 am

Sweet Madeley blowing out that candle 😍😍

• Reply Katie September 14, 2017 at 6:05 am

Where did you get your cross necklace in the first picture?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 6:33 am

Stella & Dot!

• Reply Lina September 14, 2017 at 6:21 am

Those pictures of the kids with Madeley are so joy-filled!

• Reply Amanda September 14, 2017 at 6:34 am

Next time I visit Texas I need to stop in McKinney. The town square sounds like the best!

• Reply Julie Bogle September 14, 2017 at 6:35 am

What a sweet family.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 14, 2017 at 6:38 am

I laughed out loud at Erika’s comment! Yes, Erika! Let’s get her a dozen chicks! Let’s be real, they could help with Andrew’s egg habit. 🙂

• Reply Erin Port September 14, 2017 at 7:01 am

I love that you sing to her and look at her all excited about blowing out the candle and that yummy dessert. Your family is just precious and I love getting a little peek into your lives! xoxo ERIN

• Reply Laura September 14, 2017 at 7:10 am

Love your life lately posts! The comparison of Madeley on her gotcha day to a year layer is amazing.😍 Love seeing her personality shine through & surrounded by family. 💕

• Reply Katelyn September 14, 2017 at 7:27 am

I think it’s so sweet to see Kensington’s style maturing. You can tell how much she admires and looks up to you because she dresses just like you! So sweet!

• Reply sydnee September 14, 2017 at 7:38 am

Your town seems to be the best for raising kids! So many great photos of the kids and how they’ve grown in just one year!

• Reply Paula September 14, 2017 at 7:52 am

So sweet. Both Madely & Ashby have changed so much in a year.

• Reply Karlye September 14, 2017 at 7:55 am

Where did you get Madeley and ashbys pink Mary Jane style shoes?! They look rubber and so so cute! We love Matilda Jane so those would match perfectly!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 8:23 am

Nordstrom!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams September 14, 2017 at 7:56 am

I too find it hard to stay inside if it’s still sunny out during the fall. Your town really does seem magical 🙂 The gotcha day pictures are just too cute!
    xo

• Reply Angela Ellingson September 14, 2017 at 8:01 am

“Happy Gotcha Day to you!” That is the sweetest!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas September 14, 2017 at 8:10 am

What a sweet week 🙂 Madeley in her denim jacket is killing me! So cute!

• Reply Beverly September 14, 2017 at 8:10 am

Would you please share where the girls little pocketbooks are from? The picture where all 3 are sitting on the bench in front of a store! So cute! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 8:22 am

I think Charming Charlie’s!

• Reply heidi September 14, 2017 at 8:11 am

So much love, joy, pure happiness.. xo

• Reply Kara September 14, 2017 at 8:19 am

I loved this post…like someone said above, so much happiness.

• Reply MelanieL September 14, 2017 at 8:21 am

The big kids pictures with Madeley are so adorable! Sounds like your town square is a one stop shop! Ha!

• Reply Julie September 14, 2017 at 8:31 am

I just recently found your blog and LOVE it! In fact I have gone back in your archives to start reading it from the beginning! Where do you find the adorable pajamas your beautiful children wear? Especially the holiday ones? The Halloween ones your littles have on in Gotcha Day picture are precious.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Gymboree 🙂

• Reply Melissa September 14, 2017 at 8:39 am

How can you not just squeeze and kiss those cheeks of Madeley’s?!?! You can definitely see the love between all 4 kiddos.

• Reply Anneka September 14, 2017 at 8:42 am

The picture of Smith and Madely is too much! How adorable!

• Reply Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's September 14, 2017 at 8:44 am

What a beautiful and blessed life!!

Justine @ Charm City Ciemny’s

• Reply Shawnna Griffin September 14, 2017 at 9:18 am

hey girl- love the post! your kiddos are so cute!

• Reply Anna S September 14, 2017 at 9:20 am

Your Instagram videos and pictures from Madeley’s Gotcha Day melt my heart. I can feel the love your family has just through your blog and pictures. So sweet!

• Reply Jean September 14, 2017 at 9:32 am

Ashby’s hand looks fantastic!!!!

• Reply LC September 14, 2017 at 9:33 am

I’m curious if you have problems with mosquitos. We in west texas can’t do hardly anything fun outside because of them and I hate off spray! And if you wear spray everyday you play, you have to bathe right?!! 🙂 How do you bathe four kids everyday or do you skip a day or two? It would make me feel better if you don’t do it every night. lol. This reply got weird but, hey, it’s real life!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Ha! We do have a mosquito problem, so we have our yard sprayed on a regular basis and that has helped more than anything. And I personally cannot sleep at night without a bath, so I make my kids take one every night too. It’s a weird quirk about me :).

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 14, 2017 at 9:33 am

The picture of Madeley and Smith is my favorite! A framer for sure!! I also agree with Erika. Madeley needs a chick or two. 😉

That Inspired Chick

• Reply Tracy R. September 14, 2017 at 9:39 am

This post made me smile so much! Where did you get your earrings in the first picture?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Nordstrom!

• Reply Shelly September 14, 2017 at 9:48 am

Sweet memories! Smith is looking like such a big kid!!

• Reply Amanda September 14, 2017 at 9:59 am

Madeley might be the very cutest little thing I’ve ever seen. Good grief. I would never tell her no.

• Reply Melissa September 14, 2017 at 10:17 am

Simply the sweetest : )

• Reply Rebecca Jo September 14, 2017 at 10:20 am

My favorite thing? A straw in hot chocolate 😉 So cute

• Reply Jenny September 14, 2017 at 10:52 am

Aww… I love the gotcha day celebration! 🙂

• Reply Jenny Jo September 14, 2017 at 10:52 am

In the Gotcha Day photo of Madeley and Ashby, I love how Ashby has a purse in the background- that’s too cute! K is such a beauty, can we talk about how she has the perfect natural blonde toned hair!!! My boyfriend and I are planning McKinney to be where we buy our future home, I can’t deny that I’m sold by all the wonderful things you say about it. Boston to Texas *fingers crossed*

• Reply Donna September 14, 2017 at 11:53 am

OMG. I just adore your beautiful family. The pictures of the difference in Madeley is a testament to the tremendous love you and your entire family has surrounded her with. It shows how LOVE and CARING can literally change a person from the inside out. Her happiness is so apparent in every picture of her. This stands true for Ashby as well and all of your children. It makes my heart so HAPPY!!!!!!! I love your blog!!!!!!

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design September 14, 2017 at 12:22 pm

It’s so fun to see the kids a year ago and then a comparison pic from recently — they’ve all gotten so big!

LauraLikesDesign.com/Blog

• Reply Emily Harrison September 14, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Too much sweetness in one post. Madeley’s cheeks are the best! I found myself tearing up at each post on Monday. So much joy.

• Reply Ashley September 14, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Where is your light up pumpkin from in your kitchen? So cute!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 15, 2017 at 4:58 am

Hobby Lobby 🙂

• Reply Lauren September 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm

You know what’s crazy? I can see that same picture of your girls on the bench in front of the store- I can see the exact same picture in 15 or 20 years when they’re all grown up, and still just as close.

You’re a good mama, Shay. And you have some good kiddos.

• Reply Bethany September 14, 2017 at 4:41 pm

O my goodnesss Madeley James! She has grown so much! What a blessing!

• Reply Debbie Dunbar September 14, 2017 at 5:17 pm

I love the pictures of Madeley and Ashby holding hands. So sweet!

• Reply Gabrielle Storey September 14, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Awe happy Gotcha day Madeley! So fun! Hope to visit McKinney sometime, it seems so charming!

• Reply Carly September 14, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Such a blessed week. Ashbys hand looks so amazing in the baking photo. Have a wonderful wonderful Friday eve

• Reply Emma September 14, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Every time you post something about your little town I just want to hop on a plane and move to McKinney! SO FUN!!