Smoked Gouda Chicken Enchiladas

Smoked Gouda Chicken Enchiladas

The problem is that I can’t stop buying smoked Gouda cheese.

That’s the problem.

The older I get, the less sweets I enjoy and the more savory…and cheese is my new thing.  I’ve always liked cheese, but now, I’m pretty obsessed with it.

I’ve made Sausage & Smoked Gouda Cups and Smoked Gouda & Bacon Pasta Salad  recently, so today, I’m sharing a new entree recipe with my beloved smoked Gouda…chicken enchiladas.  These kinds of meals are my absolute favorite!  You whip up the enchiladas, serve it with a salad and dinner is DONE.  Plus, enchiladas are easy to make in advance and perfect to take to someone’s house (they travel so well!).  Bonus, these babies ARE REALLY GOOD and SIMPLE too!

Happy eating!

This recipe serves four.

Shopping List
1 pound of cooked and shredded chicken (click HERE to see my easy way of doing this!)
1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes (do not drain)
1 (10 oz) box of frozen spinach, defrosted and all excess water squeezed out
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup of  grated cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup of grated smoked Gouda cheese, divided
1 (10 oz) can of enchilada sauce, divided (I used mild)
salt and pepper
8 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease an 8×8 baking dish with Pam.  Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine your cooked and shredded chicken with the chopped green chiles, Rotel, spinach, cumin, ½ cup of the shredded cheddar, ½ cup of shredded smoked Gouda half of the enchilada sauce and a big pinch of both salt and pepper using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.

Take each tortilla and spread your chicken mixture across the center.  Wrap the enchilada and place seem side down in your baking dish. Repeat.

Once all of your enchiladas are tucked inside your baking dish, drizzle the rest of your enchilada sauce down over the top followed by the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheddar and ½ cup of smoked Gouda.

Pop your enchiladas in the oven and bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned and bubbly.

Remove and serve immediately.

Simple as that!

Smoked Gouda Chicken Enchiladas

• Reply Narci September 7, 2017 at 5:59 am

Smoked Gouda plus enchiladas?? Yes, this looks amazing!!

• Reply Benjamin J Myhre September 7, 2017 at 6:06 am

> I’ve always liked cheese, but now, I’m pretty obsessed with it.

welcome to my world.

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 7, 2017 at 6:49 am

This recipe is why we’re friends. #soulsisters

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 7, 2017 at 6:50 am

Oops!!! Hit “done” too soon. This recipe is everything my dinner dreams are made of!!! Cannot wait to try this one!

• Reply Melissa@Finding My Mojo September 7, 2017 at 7:06 am

These look amazing!

• Reply Laura @ Laura Likes Design September 7, 2017 at 8:26 am

I love enchiladas and these look amazing!

LauraLikesDesign.com/blog

• Reply Alexis deZayas September 7, 2017 at 9:10 am

Yes please! I’m totally okay with your gouda obsession!

• Reply Lisa September 7, 2017 at 12:22 pm

I’m not a rotel fan…any ideas for substitutions or just leave out? Thank you!! LOOKS DELISH!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 7, 2017 at 12:31 pm

I would sub with diced tomatoes!

• Reply Morgan September 7, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Smoked gouda is the eighth wonder of the world. Period.

• Reply Erica September 7, 2017 at 1:31 pm

do you think i could just combine the chicken, chiles, rotel, spinach, cumin, cheeses and sauce in the crock pot & let that cook thoroughly and then build and bake the enchiladas? thinking about making this Sunday but I will be watching football so dont wanna be stuck in the kitchen long.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 7, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Yes!!! Perfect!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 7, 2017 at 10:28 pm

This looks sinfully delicious! Never thought chicken and cheese would pair together so well!

• Reply Elise Welch September 8, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods! Every year at our church we have a women’s Christmas banquet and in years past they have made a mashed sweet potato dish with smoked gouda. SO GOOD. Also, my dad and sister have an Etsy store where they sell engraved kitchen trivets and coasters, and I think you would really like them! The trivets are durable and are so awesome to put hot pots and pans on the table. Here is the link if you would like to check it out:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/EngravestoneWare?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar Have a wonderful weekend!

• Reply Nicole September 9, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Did you serve a side with this? If so, what? 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 10, 2017 at 5:00 am

A green salad!

• Reply Christina September 12, 2017 at 8:30 am

I made this last night for dinner…it was really good! I cheated and used rotisserie chicken from Costco (already pulled off the bone), and we didn’t have rotel, so I subbed mild salsa. Served with refried black beans. Family approved!

• Reply Michelle September 12, 2017 at 7:43 pm

I just made these for dinner for my family and everyone was raving about them! Killer!!! Thank you! Topped with avocado slices as well!

• Reply Janell September 14, 2017 at 8:45 pm

All of your recipes are delicious and these sound like no exception! I am going to make them this weekend for a friend whose husband is fighting cancer. If you have time … Any thoughts on whether to take them already baked, for reheating or ready to be baked? I’ll have to make them the night before. Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 15, 2017 at 4:58 am

You can do it either way, but I would probably say let them bake them.