Maple Pecan Sausage Bites

Maple Pecan Sausage Bites

Well, this one was Andrew’s idea, and it was a HUGE hit!

He asked me one day if I could make some sort of sausage and pecan something or other with maple syrup too (you know, all of those great fall flavors we can’t get enough of!).  So, I made these little bites to take to church and they were gone in a flash.  The crunchy pecan paired perfectly with the sausage and cheese mixture and then just a little bit of maple syrup baked on top finished things off.  These would work for breakfast or as an appetizer.  Enjoy!

This recipe makes 16 bites.

Shopping List
2 (8 oz) cans of crescent rolls
1 pound of breakfast sausage
4 oz of cream cheese, softened (half an 8 oz brick)
1½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese (we used a sharp white cheddar)
1 cup of pecan pieces
maple syrup for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.  Set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your breakfast sausage until it’s crumbly.  Once it’s cooked and crumbled, stir in your cream cheese and shredded cheddar.  Stir just a few minutes until it’s all melted together.  Next, stir in your pecan pieces.  Remove skillet from heat.

On a cutting board, unroll your crescent roll triangles.  Take each triangle and add a tablespoon or so to the center.  Roll it up and place it on your prepared baking sheet.  Repeat.  Once all of your bites are on the sheet, drizzle just a little maple syrup down over the tops of each one before popping in the oven to bake.

Bake bites 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.

Remove from oven and serve warm.

Sausage, cheese, pecans AND maple syrup.  Who wouldn’t love that?!

Enjoy!

Maple Pecan Sausage Bites

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 10, 2017 at 4:39 am

I always forget that maple and pecan’s a thing in fall, with all the pumpkin craze going on. The sausage bites sound like a fun fusion dish!

• Reply polly October 10, 2017 at 4:51 am

I like to bake from scratch to avoid artificial ingredients. Have you ever made a crescent-type roll from scratch? If so, how? What could you substitute? Do you think I could use home made flour tortillas? Or would pastry type dough with a butter base be better? I love the idea of these flavors together!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 10, 2017 at 10:55 am

I think a pastry dough with a butter base would be insanely good with this filling!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas October 10, 2017 at 5:04 am

The perfect fall treat! Maple is one of my favorite fall flavors!

• Reply Narci October 10, 2017 at 6:13 am

Oh, these were so yummy!! Way to go Andrew!!

• Reply Angela Ellingson October 10, 2017 at 6:51 am

That is creative! What a great combo of ingredients!

• Reply Marsha J Baker October 10, 2017 at 8:26 am

YUMMM oh YUMMM! I’m just thinking…I have everything on hand except for the crescent rolls. Adding them to my grocery list. What a smart boy coming up with this flavor combo. I’m wild about anything inside crescent rolls.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 11, 2017 at 5:02 am

I just clicked!! Those look so good!! I love anything with those darn sausages in them :)!

• Reply Khushboo October 10, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Hi! Not a huge fan of cream cheese but really interested in trying out this website. Would you suggest any substitutes to the cream cheese?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 11, 2017 at 5:02 am

You can sub with a goat cheese or just use the Cheddar (but I would use at least 2 cups).

• Reply Marla B October 10, 2017 at 11:45 pm

These look delicious. This may seem like a silly question but how do you transport these and keep them hot?
    Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 11, 2017 at 4:59 am

I have an insulated carrier that fits by baking dish. It’s older but it’s from Thirty-One and works PERFECTLY!!

• Reply Erika Slaughter October 11, 2017 at 6:02 am

These were hands down my favorite Sunday School breakfast ever! I fought the urge to go back for more!