Chipotle Bacon Green Bean Casserole

Chipotle Bacon Green Bean Casserole

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming today because…

…it’s CHRISTMAS DECORATING DAY over here!!

Hahahahahahaha!

Yes, I’m one of those people who like to decorate early.  It’s a lot of work, so I want to enjoy it as long as possible.  Speaking of which, I asked Andrew to take off work today to help me, so I better post my one yummy Thanksgiving recipe and skedaddle…I have garland to hang!

This is my spin on a traditional Green Bean Casserole…but with chipotle and bacon.  Yum!  You are going to want to add this to your Thanksgiving Day table!

Sending you so much love today from my home to yours!

Shopping List
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 onion, chopped
6 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped
salt and pepper
1 (12 oz) can of chipotle in adobo sauce, divided (you’re going to remove two and chop them)
1 (32 oz) package of trimmed and washed green beans (you may use 4 cans of green beans, drained, instead)
1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of milk
1 (2.8 oz) can of French fried onion topping

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.

In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute your chopped onion and bacon in a drizzle of EVOO with a big pinch of both salt and pepper.  Once the onion is tender and the bacon a little crispy, add in two chopped chipotle peppers from your can along with a tablespoon of the sauce.  Reduce heat to low and simmer just a minute while you assemble everything else.

In a mixing bowl, add in your green beans along with your cream of mushroom soup and milk.  Next, add in your onion and bacon mixture and toss everything together.  Pour this into your prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, carefully add your French fried onions over the top of the green beans and pop it back in the oven for another 5 to 7 minutes.  Remove and serve immediately.

This recipe was not too spicy for my kiddos!  It was very flavorful without a ton of heat.  If you want yours to have an extra kick, add in another chipotle pepper.

From my Thanksgiving table to yours, enjoy!

Chipotle & Bacon Green Bean Casserole

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 9, 2017 at 4:39 am

I’ve never made green bean casserole before, but I know it is a Thanksgiving classic. Thanks for the recipe, now I can try it to see what all the hype is about! 🙂

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 9, 2017 at 5:07 am

This looks delicious!!!

• Reply Sherry November 9, 2017 at 5:36 am

Can’t wait to see all the pics of the decorations. So festive! I’ll have to try and make the green bean casserole, looks so delicious!

• Reply Narci November 9, 2017 at 5:48 am

Oh, yum!! i love this spin on green bean casserole! This looks so good!

• Reply Nicole November 9, 2017 at 5:52 am

Happy decorating!!!

• Reply Erin Moreno November 9, 2017 at 6:01 am

I so look forward to all of your festive Christmas decoration photos! Holiday music started on our local radio Tuesday, and I couldn’t be more excited! Happy garland hanging! 🎄🎅🏼

• Reply The Nelson Nook November 9, 2017 at 6:11 am

Thanks for sharing ! Your recipes are always so yummy.

• Reply Whitney Pegram November 9, 2017 at 7:10 am

Oh that looks amazing!!

• Reply Angela Ellingson November 9, 2017 at 7:16 am

Yay!!! We just moved so I’m trying to get the basics settled, but then the tree is going up!

• Reply Angelique Dale November 9, 2017 at 7:49 am

I never would have thought to add chipotle to my green bean casserole. Yum! Can’t wait to try it.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims November 9, 2017 at 7:50 am

This looks fantastic!

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 9, 2017 at 7:57 am

Green bean casserole is one of the only casseroles I like! Going to try this one!

• Reply Julie November 9, 2017 at 8:16 am

I am always excited to see your holiday decorations. Take LOTS Of pictures!

• Reply Kelly November 9, 2017 at 8:20 am

Happy Christmas Decorating Day!;) I always enjoy your holiday posts. Playing the Jazz Christmas station right now!

• Reply Kelly Brown November 9, 2017 at 8:21 am

We started our Christmas decorating last night. I usually put up two big trees (one in family room and playroom) and one small tree (daughter’s room) so I like to get a head start so once December gets here I can enjoy it. HAPPY DECORATING!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Debbie November 9, 2017 at 8:55 am

Non-related, but maybe really… Ha! do you also decorate outside this early for Christmas? And how long after Christmas do you normally leave decorations up? Just curious!! Have a great day!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 9, 2017 at 1:34 pm

We don’t put our outside lights up until right before Thanksgiving. And we take everything down on the 26th :).

• Reply Anna S November 9, 2017 at 9:45 am

I love that Andrew took the day off to help- enjoy your Thursday together! I totally understand decorating early- I’ve been listening to Christmas music for a week now. Green bean casserole is one of my favorites! I am trying to decide to make that or sliced Brussels sprouts with bacon. Maybe I’ll just do both! 😉

• Reply Jennifer November 9, 2017 at 10:35 am

Wow! I canot believe you convinced your husband to take off work to decorate! Lol Mine would think I am crazy and tell me that is what weekends are for.

• Reply kate November 9, 2017 at 12:52 pm

When you get a chance, can you post a photo of the green bean casserole after its been cooked? I’d like to see how they look after you’ve added the wet ingredients. Thanks. Happy Decorating!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 9, 2017 at 1:33 pm

The photo is after it’s been cooked :).

• Reply Linda November 9, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Is there anything to substitute the mushroom soup with? Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 10, 2017 at 4:26 am

You can omit it and add another 1/2 cup of milk.

• Reply April November 9, 2017 at 10:43 pm

This is ALWAYS one of my favorite sides!! Sometimes I’ll add bacon or ham and sprinkle the edges with cheese. But I’ve never thought to add chipotle. My daughters are going to LOVE this twist!