Friday Favorites

It’s my Friday Favorites!

Okay, so somehow we don’t have anything going on this weekend, and I’m deliriously happy about that!  With Halloween behind us and the holidays approaching (who are we kidding, the holidays are already in full swing at my house), we are going to enjoy this chill weekend.  Speaking of the holidays, guess what Sheaffer and I have secretly working on??? Five Days of Fabulous!!  It all starts Monday, November 27 so get your game face on…there will be prizes to be won!

I’m linking up with three of my besties, AndreaErika and Narci and sharing my favorite things from this week.  Happy Friday!!!

I got on our stairmill this week to workout and needed something to watch on my phone. I opened my Amazon Prime app and saw that this movie was free, so I started it…

…and could.not.stop.

Have you guys seen Manchester by the Sea???  Casey Affleck won the Oscar for best actor last year in it.  Wow!  That’s all I have to say…WOW!  This movie is really deep and tragic, so if you’re not in that mindset, then you should pass.  Not only did I think the script and acting were phenomenal, but I can’t stop thinking about the plot.  I told Meagan to watch it, and she texted me that she couldn’t stop crying while she watched it, but that she loved the movie.  It’s a real emotional roller coaster, but it is so good.  It’s definitely a favorite this week because I can’t stop thinking about it.  This pick is for those of you who laugh at the silly Hallmark Christmas movies I love 😉 .  Speaking of which…

Here’s a random fact for you.  I’ve noticed that Taylor Cole stars in so many of these Hallmark movies.  Want to know who she went to prom with her senior year of high school???

My brother.  Hahahaha!  Isn’t that random?  They went to high school together and attended their senior prom as dates.  Who would have thought that these two would end up being the Bachelor and star of so many TV movies?!  Not me 😉 .

We had date night last week and there were three favorites in just one outfit!  First, this dress from Loft.  It’s a hunter green color (looks very fall, holidays) and made of like a sweatshirt material, so it was SO SOFT!  I wore it with booties, but it would be cute with tall boots or flats too.  Just comfy and perfect for this time of year.  Then…

…I paired it with this clutch.  I decided that I needed a good, solid, goes with everything black clutch for the holidays.  And I’m in love with this one!!  It’s Coach, so it’s very nice and made of beautiful pebbled leather, so I know I’ll have it forever.  This little bag is going to get a lot of miles this holiday season.  (I bought black, but they have it in many colors!)

And then look at my Stella & Dot earrings!  I am so in love with these big statement earrings because THEY’RE NOT HEAVY!!!  I love, love, love them!!

One outfit, three favorites 🙂 .

Friends!  It’s not too late to sign up for the first Manda Strong Foundation 5K & Fun Run!  If you’re local, we would LOVE to see you there!!  There will be face painting, balloon artists, food and more!! It’s a family event, so even if you’re not a runner, you and your fam can come have fun and walk the Fun Run portion.  Register HERE.

On Wednesday, I talked about these jeans from Old Navy

…and lamented about how Gap has been letting me down and that Old Navy might be stepping up their game as the new Gap.  Now, I don’t know if this is true or not, but several of you told me that they are actually closing many Gap stores and focusing on Old Navy and Athleta instead, so maybe that explains everything???  Either way, you need these jeans.  To see all of the outfit details and why I love them so much, read my post HERE.

Well, I stopped back by Old Navy this week and found this cute little dress

…for less than $30.  It comes in three colors, but I liked the black and gray striped the best.  I topped it with…

my denim jacket and headed out the door.

And one last Old Navy find.  You know how we do Jammy Cocoa Christmas every year?  Well, I thought this would be super cute for this year…

Fun right?!  They have so many different colors and patterns!  I went ahead and sized up on both pieces so that I can wash and wear them a million times without worrying about them shrinking.  Obviously, I won’t sleep in the hat and scarf, but they’ll be fun when we get in the car and head inside Starbucks (and they’ll go with everything this December!).

Yesterday, I shared the recipe for my Mini Pecan Pies

Mini Pecan Pies

…and today, I’m sharing…

18 Thanksgiving Pie Recipes

18 Thanksgiving Pie Recipes!

Don’t know what to make this Turkey Day?  No worries, I have the perfect pie for you.  Head HERE to see them all.

That wraps up my Friday Favorites!  I hope you have a blessed weekend! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 3, 2017 at 4:37 am

Still think your mini pecan pie recipe is genius! Bite sized heaven!

• Reply Sarah November 3, 2017 at 5:07 am

Happy Friday!!! 🙂
    I purchased those Old Navy pajama pants too, haha! They definitely stretched out on me, so I’m hoping they shrink a bit in the wash. LOVE that dress you found from there!! And your dress from LOFT!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
    -Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply Kristen Walters November 3, 2017 at 5:44 am

Enjoy your weekend without any plans, I am sooo jealous!!! I can’t tell you the last time we had a completely free weekend. We will be preparing to move, we close on our houses today.

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams November 3, 2017 at 5:46 am

I watched Manchester by the Sea last year during awards season with my mom and we were both overcome with so much emotion. You really have to be in the right mindset to watch it because it’s so sad yet so moving. How funny about Sean’s prom date! Love that green dress on you btw! Happy Friday!!
    xo

• Reply Jen November 3, 2017 at 5:47 am

What brand do you wear in your gold watch? Looking for one to add to my Christmas list!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 5:53 am

That’s a Michele 🙂 .

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 3, 2017 at 5:52 am

I have that Hallmark movie on my DVR right now! Now it’ll be even more fun to watch! Happy Friday!

• Reply Susan Jeffries November 3, 2017 at 5:57 am

I am obsessed with winter pajamas! I love the Old Navy selection. I am going to order the pair you have on but I wanted to know if they are stretchy? Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 6:07 am

They’re stretchy! I’m wearing them now. They’re cotton and because I ordered one size up, I think they’re really comfy with room to wash and dry.

• Reply Meagan Ruse November 3, 2017 at 6:06 am

That movie!!! 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Reply Angelique Dale November 3, 2017 at 6:21 am

I love those Christmas PJs! And it’s super funny you mention Taylor Cole. She was a friend of a friend and we stayed at her house while in LA to watch the longhorns play in the Rose Bowl. Small world! And, yes, Manchester By The Sea is SO good. I might cry this morning just thinking about it all again …. 😉

• Reply Kelsey Reinhard November 3, 2017 at 6:22 am

I love that little fact about Taylor Cole! I loved her in Summerland. She’s so cute!

• Reply Lori S H November 3, 2017 at 6:24 am

Great outfits!!! I love that green dress. Your bracelet is adorable too.

• Reply Narci November 3, 2017 at 6:35 am

I have so much to say!! Old Navy Pajamas are so good, and that striped dress was darling on you in person too!! Happy Friday, friend!!!!

• Reply Megan November 3, 2017 at 6:48 am

The hubby and I were just talking about how this is the one slow weekend before all the crazy begins. Enjoy every last moment!

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life November 3, 2017 at 6:49 am

Old Navy really is stepping their game! I am in need of jeans so I want to check those out. Love that outfit for jammie cocoa Christmas!!!

• Reply Erin Port November 3, 2017 at 6:59 am

Darn it, I JUST placed an Old Navy/Gap order. I bought my whole family jeans the other day, everyone needed a new pair it seemed! I should have looked at the accessories and PJS! So cute! Happy Friday! We don’t have a thing planned for tomorrow and I cannot wait – I am ready for a down day at home! xoxo ERIN

• Reply sydnee November 3, 2017 at 7:08 am

I need to set my DVR for the Hallmark channel’s holiday movies! And those PJs are so cute!

Design by Sydnee | Five on Fridays 💗

• Reply Brooke Richardson November 3, 2017 at 7:17 am

Love those pjs! And I guess I’ll have to watch that movie as well, I’m intrigued.

• Reply Allison November 3, 2017 at 7:21 am

Shay. Manchester by the Sea. I cried the whole time. It was utterly and completely tragic and NOT what I was expecting. I am SO with you on this one. It stuck with me HARD. The Pianist is another movie that was completely and utterly tragic and stuck with me HARD. I think it won a lot of awards too. Anyway, YES to that!!

• Reply kristen November 3, 2017 at 7:24 am

i am adding that movie to my list! i went to old navy the other day and was super impressed with their selection. my son is a thicker athletic build and i usually get his jeans online from gap but they’ve been sold out forever. old navy saved the day… jeans, colored joggers… he was set. i love old navy pjs! i am curious about your at home step mill. it’s my favorite piece of equipment and the gym but i would love to invest in one at home.

• Reply Kate E. November 3, 2017 at 7:28 am

Hi Shay! I’m a middle-school teacher and coach who loves to read your blog in the morning to start my day!

I was wondering where you got your all-gold PopSocket?

Hope you have a great day, and hugs to your sweet family!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 8:37 am

Ah!! Thank you so much!! I bought it off of Amazon 🙂 .

• Reply Christina McCoy November 3, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Can you link the pop-socket 🙂

• Reply ALI J BISHOP November 3, 2017 at 9:03 pm

YES PLEASE! How does it change colors!?

• Mix and Match Mama November 4, 2017 at 5:43 am

Mine doesn’t change colors. Mine is rose gold all the time.

• Reply Amanda November 3, 2017 at 7:41 am

I can’t help but think you are tricking us that you have no plans this weekend!!! I feel like the Shulls must have something up their sleeve lol!! Enjoy your low key weekend!!

• Reply Naomi November 3, 2017 at 7:41 am

Thanks so much for posting such a affordable fashion finds, rather than mostly Nordstrom. I love seeing that! I will definitely be checking these things out! Have a great weekend 🙂

• Reply Wendy Walker November 3, 2017 at 7:43 am

Love that dress from old navy! And I have been buying the Rock Star jeans from Old Navy since “Sheaffer told me to”! haha! For size reference in the dress, what did you buy? Thanks!!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 3, 2017 at 7:45 am

Looks like I’m going to Old Navy later today! I buy a pair of Christmas pjs from them every year and NEED that pair! So excited for Five Days of Fabulous!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims November 3, 2017 at 7:55 am

Love your date night dress and those pajamas!!!! Cheers to an activity free weekend!

• Reply Natalie November 3, 2017 at 7:58 am

Love your favorite post.. Wow! how random is that with Sean and his prom date. That’s great no plans for the weekend nice to have a chill weekend.. Shay where is your bracelet from? I don’t think you mentioned it.. Love it.. have a fun relaxing weekend..

• Reply KimW November 3, 2017 at 8:01 am

Thanks for posting some affordable items from Old Navy! Happy to see them on your blog! I had sort of given up on Old Navy for a while but a lot of the blogs that I follow have featured a long open cardigan from there that is awesome and a great price!

• Reply Heather November 3, 2017 at 8:09 am

My mom and I went to see Manchester by the Sea before the Oscars. Such a heart-wrenching film. We were both bawling. Great acting. Love all the Hallmark movies too! You have to have balance, even in movies! 🙂

• Reply Kelscey Johnson November 3, 2017 at 8:10 am

Hi Shay, how do you get those pretty waves i n your hair …curling iron? Thanks!:)

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 8:36 am

Curling wand 🙂

• Reply Kate November 3, 2017 at 8:20 am

I love your date night outfit! Where is your bracelet from? Been on the hunt for a open cuff for ages! Love yours.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 8:36 am

Nordstrom!

• Reply Shanna November 3, 2017 at 8:27 am

Thanks for the Old Navy finds!! I’m always looking for a good bargain, especially on jeans!!

• Reply Chelsea November 3, 2017 at 8:29 am

My jeans arrive today and can’t wait to try them! Also, what is your nail color? Love it for fall!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 8:36 am

OPI Lincoln Park at Midnight 🙂

• Reply Rebecca November 3, 2017 at 8:35 am

I ordered those jeans from Old Navy and excited to try their jeans again. I haven’t had the best of luck with their jeans in the past though I did like the Rockstar fit. The jammies are cute! I ordered the buffalo plaid red ones for me and the men’s matching flannel ones for the BF. They do make comfy pj’s!
    XO
    Rebecca @ EveryPieceFits.com

• Reply Stacy November 3, 2017 at 8:45 am

So weird that you have that little connection with Taylor Cole, and Sheaffer went to high school and is friends with Amy Acker. What kind of high schools are you people going to, lol???

• Reply Elyse November 3, 2017 at 9:06 am

Happy Friday Shay! Does your Anthro jean jacket run smaller — compared to the Mavi jean jacket?
    (Reviews said it ran super small). Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!! 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 1:11 pm

I thought it ran true to size. I bought it in xs.

• Reply Elyse November 6, 2017 at 9:26 am

Is the fit similar to the Mavi jean jacket? Thanks so much!! 🙂

• Reply Jessica Beining November 3, 2017 at 9:10 am

Yes! Manchester by the sea! I felt the same way! I watched it months ago and still think about it today. Definitely not a light and cheery choice but it sure sticks with you. Love the ON pjs, may have to make a trip this weekend. Bring on the holiday traditions!!!! Have a great weekend!

• Reply Lara November 3, 2017 at 9:25 am

Love the recommendations, but wont watch Casey Affleck movie as there has been several sexual harassment cases against him and they are trying to ban him from presenting at Oscars.

• Reply Chelsea November 3, 2017 at 9:39 am

Well okay. I need to try on those jeans ASAP!! I’m super skeptical of Old Navy jeans, but you can’t beat that price point! Plus if you like them, and all those commenters on Wednesday’s post do, then I’m up for trying!! haha thanks for the rec!

• Reply jaimie November 3, 2017 at 9:41 am

My mouth is watering for your Thanksgiving pie recipes – yum! Have a great weekend!

• Reply Laci November 3, 2017 at 9:52 am

any chance you could take your kids into giving you some ideas for a gift guide?? My daughter is the same age as yours and I need ideas! Love all the holiday cheer in this Friday fave!

• Reply Andrea November 3, 2017 at 9:53 am

Since you don’t have any weekend plans and love a good Hallmark Christmas movie, be sure and check out Christmas in the Air this Sunday! Our friend, Eric, is the lead, and it is Hallmark Christmas at its best!

• Reply Kitty November 3, 2017 at 9:57 am

Speaking of sad movies, you must watch Lion.. it will speak to your adoption mama heart. I have never cried so hard at a movie

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I have!!! it was so good!!!!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick November 3, 2017 at 10:00 am

Don’t forget about our baseball tournament this weekend! Y’all don’t leave me sitting up there alone! (Although I’m guessing Erika will be home with Bowen.) And that is too funny about Taylor Cole and your brother!! I need to slow down with my Hallmark movie madness or I’ll burn myself out before Thanksgiving. 😉
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Sharon F November 3, 2017 at 10:24 am

Christmas in Homestead was filmed in my hometown of Dahlonega GA. Dahlonega is a beautiful small town in the North Georgia mountains. I love all of the Hallmark Christmas movies. If you don’t have Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel then you are missing out! I love the family friendly “cozy” mystery movies.

• Reply Lexa November 3, 2017 at 10:49 am

Kind of an off topic Friday favorite but my favorite thing I’ve seen on social media is that you’re going to be an aunt to another little Lowe next year! Your parents must be in heaven with all the cute grandkids!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 1:09 pm

They are! I’m glad it’s out there now 🙂 .

• Reply Jenny November 3, 2017 at 11:00 am

That striped dress is so cute, especially with the jeans jacket. Putting it in my cart right now! Enjoy your weekend! 🙂

• Reply Regina November 3, 2017 at 11:01 am

Exchangeable pop sockets?!?!? Do tell!

• Reply Carol November 3, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Happy Friday!
    Next year you should visit my hometown…SALEM…for Halloween. ..we do it BIG…for the entire month!

I’m interested in your closet…is it a bonus room you converted? It looks huge…do you share it with your husband ?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 1:09 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to Salem!!! And yes, we share 🙂 .

• Reply Jenny November 3, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I love that you’re sharing some clothes from Old Navy! I love you’re style, but I typically can’t afford any of the clothes you share. Please share more finds when you find them!

• Reply Kim November 3, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I cannot wait to see what you and Scheaffer come up with for this years giveaway posts. They were amazing last year and had me cracking up. By the third day I was actually excited to wake up and see what the next days post was. So fun!! Just watched my first Hallmark movie the other night and I’m hooked so thank you for that!! Happy weekend, I’m off to Old Navy now!! 😄 Oh! Congrats to you all on the new baby on the way!!! Yay for Sean, Catherine and Samuel!! ❤

• Reply Leslie November 3, 2017 at 12:37 pm

You look so great in everything! Also congratulations to your brother and Catherine! I bet you are so excited for another baby in the family!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 1:09 pm

We sure are!!!

• Reply Whitney Pegram November 3, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Can not wait for five days of fabulous!!! Eeek! And Old Navy is my jam! Happy Friday!!

• Reply Sara November 3, 2017 at 1:59 pm

When do you put up your Christmas decorations? I know you are an early decorator like me!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 2:33 pm

I’m going to put them up next week!!

• Reply Jacklyn November 3, 2017 at 7:18 pm

I love the Hallmark Christmas movies! I blogged my first Friday favourites today and talked about them too! So funny about Sean’s prom date. My cousin’s best friend has smaller roles in some of the Hallmark movies and it’s always so fun when she pops up on the screen 🙂

• Reply Bethany November 3, 2017 at 11:08 pm

I am missing the Hallmark Christmas so much right now!

• Reply Roxanne November 4, 2017 at 6:11 am

Where did you get your phone case and pop sockit? Love it!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 4, 2017 at 6:14 am

Both off of Amazon 🙂

• Reply Michelle R. November 4, 2017 at 7:58 am

Love the clutch Shea! This wasn’t on my radar but it is now. Do you have the Nolita 22? Super cute! Love your posts!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 4, 2017 at 8:01 am

I have the exact one that is linked!

• Reply Kasey Holloway November 4, 2017 at 8:19 am

I will definitely be checking out that movie on Amazon! Thanks for the suggestion!

• Reply Lynn November 4, 2017 at 9:16 am

What size are you wearing in the striped Old Navy dress, Shay? I feel like their dresses run a bit big. You look gorgeous!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 5, 2017 at 5:19 am

xsmall

• Reply Angela Ellingson November 4, 2017 at 9:09 pm

So many things made me happy about this post but for some reason I love that little tidbit about your brother and Taylor Cole. Probably because I LOVE Hallmark movies, too – especially the Christmas ones!

• Reply Jenny B November 5, 2017 at 6:26 pm

I love your fashion, you always look stunning!!
    Can you tell me where and what brand are the booties you are wearing with the striped Old Navy dress? I love them.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 6, 2017 at 4:47 am