Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!

I took yesterday off to decorate my house for Christmas, and I must say, I’m totally in the spirit over here now!  If you’re needing a little Christmas cheer, you should stop by 🙂 .

Before we begin today, I’d like to ask for some prayers.  This morning, our sweet Ashby is having her 10th procedure in 15 months…and emotionally, this one has been the hardest.  I don’t know if it’s because there has been a gap between procedures this time (to allow for her veins to recover) or if it’s because she’s 5½ now and just gets it…but today is going to be hard.  Ashby has been talking about today and fretting and worrying about it all week long.  Please pray for our sweet girl this morning as she undergoes her procedure and for the days ahead as she recovers.  This sucks, guys.  That’s all I can say.  It sucks.  I wish it were different for her.  Please pray for her to have peace.

On a lighter note, just like every Friday, I’m linking up with three of my besties, AndreaErika and Narci and sharing my favorite things from this week (and I have a TON!).   I hope you all have a blessed weekend! xo

Want to hear something super fun????  Simmers is going to be sold at Sam’s Clubs around the nation!  Isn’t that fun?  Want to hear something else fun?  This Sunday, from 1-3, I will be signing books at a Sam’s right here in our area.  If you’re local, please come and see me at the Sam’s location in Plano at 8621 Ohio Drive this Sunday!  Here’s the deal…if you come, I promise you a big hug and to sign a book for you…if you don’t come, I will eat samples and start my Christmas shopping 😉 .  Either way, it sounds like a fun way to spend the day, right?!

Probably THE most popular question this week…WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR POPSOCKET?!  Ha!  You are my kind of people 🙂 .  The case is HERE and the popsocket is HERE.

And there is another favorite in this picture from last Friday

My new clutch!  I told you last Friday that I love my new Coach clutch for the holidays and so far this week, I’ve carried it twice.  It’s big enough to hold everything but small enough to just add with an outfit and go.  I promise you that I’ll be using it on repeat this holiday season (also, wouldn’t it be a great gift to give???).  I used it on this night with those red heels I love so much (and a dress from like two years ago) and then…

…I used it for my girls dinner this week.  Here is another view…

Love!

You can scroll and click other cute Coach clutches below…

I posted this little find on Facebook this week.  My favorite scarf from last Christmas is back this season in three different colors!  Last year, they sold out before Thanksgiving.

My favorite scarf with my favorite girls.

I posted this on Wednesday but thought it bear repeating as a favorite…

Ann Voskamp’s Christmas Advent Book to do with your family…

…it’s so beautiful!  I cannot wait to start this with my kids.

Okay, look at this cute gift Narci gave me for my birthday…

…isn’t that so cute?!  She had it all packaged up together!!  I thought it was so creative and something you might want to do this holiday season too.  That is, of course, one of my friend Amanda’s fabulous signs.  And speaking of Amanda, look what else she is making right now…

I mean…so cute, right?!  You can see her Etsy shop HERE.

I know, I know, I know…I talk about pajamas a lot this year, but friends, THEY’RE MY FAVORITE THING TO GIFT!!!  Who doesn’t love cozy pjs as a gift?!  Look at this cute little gift set I created…

So stinkin’ cute, right?!?!  These pajamas and socks are both so flipping soft too!  I mean…like puppy soft 🙂 .  They come in 7 different patterns, but I loved the Santas 🙂 .  The socks are made out of the same material and are so festive for your feet!  They would also make great stocking stuffers.

Cute, right?!  The little sleep mask comes with the pajamas.  I am excited to gift these this year!!

And wrapping up today…

Thanksgiving Everything

…it’s my Thanksgiving Everything!  From sides to sweets, I have your Turkey Day covered!  Click HERE to see the yummy recipes!

Thank you in advance for your prayers today.  The Lord has BIG plans for our Ashby London.  In my heart, I just know He does.  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 10, 2017 at 4:37 am

Everything’s looking so festive in this post of yours. I love the black dress you’re wearing in your outfit with the clutch!

• Reply Jen November 10, 2017 at 4:50 am

Love the gift from Narci! It would be super cute for your coffee station! Can’t wait to see all your decor! Praying for Ashby!!

• Reply Lise November 10, 2017 at 4:53 am

Praying for your daughter today!

• Reply Regine Karpel November 10, 2017 at 5:01 am

Praying.

• Reply Linda Z November 10, 2017 at 5:02 am

I continue to keep sweet, sweet Ashby in my daily prayers. Praying for an abundance of peace, comfort and strength today. ♡♡♡♡

• Reply Sarah November 10, 2017 at 5:07 am

Praying for Ashby today!!! Man, she’s a tough cookie. Your poor baby!! I wish nothing but the best of today and a life full of health and happiness for your girl 🙂
    -Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply Beth November 10, 2017 at 5:11 am

Wishing peace of mind to sweet little Ashby!

• Reply Antoinette Heidle November 10, 2017 at 5:13 am

Praying for Ashby!

• Reply Lauren G November 10, 2017 at 5:17 am

Prayers for Ashby. 🙏🏻She’s one tough little girl! I love those pjs and socks – great gift idea! Those mugs are super cute – do you happen to know where Marci got them?

• Reply Melissa November 10, 2017 at 10:06 pm

I think Pottery Barn

• Reply Karah Stracener November 10, 2017 at 5:20 am

Just said a prayer for sweet Ashby. She is one tough cookie for sure. I love those cozy pjs, I need to order some for myself asap!!! I am so glad we aren’t the only ones who love to decorate early. We always start decorating our house for Christmas the day after Halloween. My husband loves Christmas so we go all out. I hope y’all have a great weekend and if I lived closer I would totally be at Sams to give you a big hug.

• Reply Carla November 10, 2017 at 5:25 am

Praying for Ashby…

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams November 10, 2017 at 5:28 am

Prayiing for Ashby this morning! Those PJs are so cute, I’m still loving the PJ Salvage ones you recommended awhile ago too. I’ll have to check these out! There’s nothing like cozy PJs this time of year!
    xo

• Reply Erica Gammon November 10, 2017 at 5:29 am

Prayers for peace for your sweet girl today & for a a speedy recovery.

My hubby and I are planning to build soon ….. could you do a tour of your master closet? I love what I can see of your closet in some of the outfit pics that you take. I haven’t really found a closet layout that I absolutely love yet.

Thanks!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner November 10, 2017 at 5:31 am

I’ll be thinking and praying for sweet Ashby, today along with her sweet mama. Have a great weekend

• Reply Anonymous November 10, 2017 at 5:32 am

I live in CA and I randomly woke up a little after 3am for a glass of water. Thought I’d read your blog real quick before I go back to sleep. So unlike me to not just want to sleep and I totally think it’s cus I needed to read about Ashby and PRAY. So, I’ll be praying as soon as I put my phone down.

• Reply Marsha November 10, 2017 at 5:34 am

I’ve been following your blog for many years. I think of and pray for your family often. I will definitely be praying for sweet Ashby today!

• Reply Kelli November 10, 2017 at 5:39 am

Prayers for sweet Ashby!! And I’m
    definitely ordering some santa pj’s! Are they true to size?

• Reply Hanna November 10, 2017 at 5:49 am

Prayers for Ashby!!! I can’t imagine how hard it is for y’all but I know God is right there with y’all!

• Reply Cara Zimmer November 10, 2017 at 5:53 am

Prayed for your sweet Ashby…

• Reply Samantha November 10, 2017 at 6:04 am

Praying for your baby!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims November 10, 2017 at 6:08 am

Praying for that sweet and incredibly brave girl of yours. Love her so much.

• Reply Nicole November 10, 2017 at 6:08 am

Praying for you and your sweet girl!! When do you start dressing your kids in Christmad clothes? Wondering when early is too early? 😉 Thanks!

• Reply Amy Heinl November 10, 2017 at 6:09 am

Lifting sweet Ashby in prayer today. May peace and calmness fill her beautiful little heart as she goes through this procedure this morning. May she find comfort and feel the love of our sweet Jesus who has His healing arms wrapped tightly around her.

• Reply Nicole November 10, 2017 at 6:10 am

**Christmas 🙂

• Reply Bev November 10, 2017 at 6:11 am

Prayed for Ashby, comfort and peace sweet girl!

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 10, 2017 at 6:11 am

I saw those pajamas in your bag and they were cute and soft then but they’re so much cuter on!! Praying for Ashby Girl this morning!

• Reply Cherry November 10, 2017 at 6:11 am

Prayers for your sweet Ashby today and in the days to come! May you all feel God’s loving care around & enfolding you!!!

• Reply Michelle November 10, 2017 at 6:18 am

Do you happen to have a favorite Christmas Story story book for littles? I would love something that is more tailored to our 3 year old, but I haven’t found anything I love yet!

• Reply Megan Butler November 10, 2017 at 6:22 am

Sweet Ashby. Prayers for a good day. That poor girl has had to endure so much. It’s just not fair. I ordered the advent calendar this week after you posted it. It is amazing. It’s huge! And great quality. My kids are going to flip!! And I am loving those Santa pjs!!!

• Reply sydnee November 10, 2017 at 6:28 am

Love the Santa mugs! Prayers for Ashby, sweet girl!

Design by Sydnee | 10 Fave Gifts to Give 💗

• Reply Kristen November 10, 2017 at 6:28 am

Sending prayers for your sweet Ashby! I hope she has a speedy recovery!

• Reply Narci November 10, 2017 at 6:29 am

Praying for our sweet, Ashby!! We just love hay girl so much! And, friend, those pajamas are adorable!!! So cute!

• Reply Elizabeth Feldpausch November 10, 2017 at 6:29 am

Praying hard for sweet Ashby today!!

• Reply Megan November 10, 2017 at 6:34 am

If we lived in TX I would be having you sign a book and eat samples together! Lifting up sweet Ashby today.

• Reply Sarah Berry November 10, 2017 at 6:38 am

Prayers being said now for sweet Ashby London. May the Lord Jesus watch over Ashby and give her peace as she undergoes this procedure. May He give her quick healing and strength in her arm/hand in the coming days.

• Reply April Parrish November 10, 2017 at 6:44 am

Love the little coffee mugs from your friend–so cute!! Praying for sweet Ashby today. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Reply Narci November 10, 2017 at 6:50 am

Praying for our sweet, Ashby!! We just love that girl so much! And, friend, those pajamas are adorable!!! So cute!

• Reply Brooke Richardson November 10, 2017 at 6:54 am

Lifting sweet Ashby up, she is heavy on my heart. And you had me at puppy soft. I’m sold. Going to purchase those right now!

• Reply Patricia Barrow November 10, 2017 at 7:00 am

I need the Santa and Mrs. Claud mugs! How adorable! Do you know where she got them?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 10, 2017 at 7:40 am

Pottery Barn 🙂

• Reply kathy November 10, 2017 at 7:04 am

Praying for Ashby this morning:)

• Reply Amy D. November 10, 2017 at 7:09 am

Sending lots of love and prayers to sweet Ashby, you, and your family. I hope this day goes quickly for her and that her recovery is swift and painless.

• Reply Lauren November 10, 2017 at 7:10 am

Praying for your sweet Ashby today. Good luck!

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt November 10, 2017 at 7:13 am

Praying for peace for Ashby and praying for wisdom for the doctors and medical staff! Happy Friday!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Jeannie November 10, 2017 at 7:17 am

Prayers for Ashby and the rest of your family!! She is so sweet!

• Reply Amy November 10, 2017 at 7:23 am

Praying for your baby girl, and for you. It’s so hard standing by and watching your child go through painful things. It’s for her good, but that doesn’t make it easy. Hugs from one mom to another.

• Reply Kelly November 10, 2017 at 7:27 am

Oh poor Ashby and your poor mama heart! Praying for your dear baby!
    How cool that your book will be in sams club!!!! I wish you’d be coming for a book signing near me!! 😘

• Reply Laura November 10, 2017 at 7:27 am

Praying for sweet Ashby this morning. 💜 And thanks for sharing about that I’ve been book! It looks wonderful.

• Reply Barbara Parnell November 10, 2017 at 7:30 am

Good luck today..that sweet girl has endured so much. SHe is very strong. Sending prayers for a successful procedure and a quick,comfortable recovery.

• Reply Carrie November 10, 2017 at 7:50 am

I’m praying for Ashby and your family today! Hugs and love to you all.

• Reply Lori November 10, 2017 at 7:58 am

Praying for your sweet Ashby. God bless.

• Reply Angelique Dale November 10, 2017 at 7:58 am

I’ll keep Ashby in my prayers all day today! She’s a lucky girl to have all of these prayer warriors thinking of her. Those Santa PJs are adorable – I need some Christmas PJs and will be checking those out asap. I think you need a road trip to Austin to sign some books too. 😉

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 10, 2017 at 8:04 am

Praying for your girl! Love all of the Christmas cheer in this post – the scarf, your birthday present, those pajamas… it’s putting me in the spirit!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick November 10, 2017 at 8:11 am

Oh sweet Ashby. I hate that for her so much. She is one tough cookie. Prayers for yall today! And thanks for showing off my cute cup and sign! I love that Narci had a whole themed gift. She is so good!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Angela Ellingson November 10, 2017 at 8:24 am

Girl, I’m sure there will be a line out the door at Sam’s! I know I’d be there if it wasn’t a 12 hour drive, lol! I love every little thing you post about Christmas. Continued prayers for sweet Ashby. Hopping over to check out that Thanksgiving post now. 🙂

• Reply Sandy November 10, 2017 at 8:43 am

Praying for peace for sweet Ashby. Praying that the Lord guides the surgeons hands so that the outcome is just what is needed. She is brave and beautiful. What a privilege to get to know her through this blog.

• Reply Ella November 10, 2017 at 8:56 am

Random Question?
    The cover of simmers shows you slicing some sort of bread. I’m just curious why and what that has to do with simmers?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 10, 2017 at 10:48 am

There is a yummy dessert recipe in there that uses it 🙂 .

• Reply Marsha J Baker November 10, 2017 at 8:58 am

Praying for your sweet girl now. Bless her sweet heart. Love your pretties…how nice you’ve already decorated for the holidays. Enjoy that Sam’s signing…how fun!!!!

• Reply Mandi S November 10, 2017 at 9:02 am

Praying for Ashby. Where did you get the rug that is in your kitchen?

• Reply Lisa November 10, 2017 at 9:10 am

What size did you buy in the PJs? Thanks!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 10, 2017 at 10:48 am

xsmall

• Reply Amanda November 10, 2017 at 9:14 am

Prayers for sweet Ashby. I’m wishing her no pain and a speedy recovery!
    Those pyjamas are so cute. I can’t wait to see your holiday decor!

• Reply Jennifer November 10, 2017 at 9:22 am

I would like to come see you Sunday, but we don’t have a Sam’s membership. Is there anyway I can get in?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 10, 2017 at 10:44 am

I believe you have to have a Sam’s membership????

• Reply Deb Weber November 10, 2017 at 9:29 am

Prayers to you, your family, Ashby and the doctors, nurses caring for her. Your post had great ideas for gifts. I’ll be ordering today and crossing off on my list. Thank you!! Hope everything goes well today.

• Reply Kelly November 10, 2017 at 9:39 am

Praying for Ashby and you too! It’s hard on a mama to watch her babies go through difficult things. Love those pj’s! I think I’ve ordered every set of pajama’s that you have recommended and they are my favorite things. Probably should start giving them for gifts instead now:). Hope the Sam’s Club gig goes well and all of Texas comes to see you!

• Reply Taylor Shil November 10, 2017 at 9:43 am

First, sending all the prayers and love to Ashby today <3 Second, you should do a book signing the next time you are in NYC!

• Reply Meg November 10, 2017 at 9:49 am

Sending so many prayers for an amazingly strong little angel!!!

• Reply Liz Thorson November 10, 2017 at 10:11 am

I will be holding positive thoughts for a successful procedure for Ashby today and for strength and courage for her while she endures the recovery. It breaks my heart that your sweet girl has had to undergo so many painful procedures and I understand how difficult it must be for you and Andrew to watch her suffer. I am so hopeful that her condition will continue to improve with time. I have noticed the gained mobility and rejoiced for her.💕💕

• Reply Michelle O November 10, 2017 at 10:20 am

Prayers for Ashby London!!! Such a strong little girl.

• Reply Marta November 10, 2017 at 11:03 am

Love and light to Ashby.

• Reply T November 10, 2017 at 11:08 am

Prayers for beautiful Ashby! Would you ever feel comfortable going into more detail about her health situation? I hate to think of what would have happen to her health had the Lord not placed her in your family. I know that you have said that in the past only children with health problems were able to be adopted outside of China. Do the orphanages have sufficient healthcare for the orphans that aren’t adopted out? Breaks my heart to think about that. I know this is probably a personal question and I don’t mean to intrude at all or expect a response. Prayers prayers prayers for Ashby girl today and for you too, mama! You are a rockstar too.

• Reply grace November 10, 2017 at 11:11 am

Ashby is such a brave sweet girl! Lots of love, luck, and positive, happy, healing thoughts her way!

• Reply Lisa Klein November 10, 2017 at 11:17 am

Many prayers for sweet Ashby!!

• Reply Emily November 10, 2017 at 11:59 am

I teared up at your Instagram post about Ashby this morning. She’s lucky to have a wonderful family and team around her. Wishing her all the strength and peace right now!

• Reply Janie November 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Prayers & Love for Sweet Ashby

• Reply Jen B November 10, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Prayers will continue going up for your sweet baby girl & extras for you & Andrew. Seeing your child have to endure any pain is so hard on the parents! She has the sweetest spirit that has never diminished one bit throughout all her procedures! Hope for an easy recovery & a blessed weekend!

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life November 10, 2017 at 3:31 pm

So many fun favorites!! Love those pj’s, totally getting those socks and heading to read now about that advent! Good luck on Sunday!!

• Reply Bethany November 10, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Those RED SHOES!!!! Love it!

• Reply Jaren November 10, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Prayers always for sweet Ashby!! Wishing her a quick recovery!
    And if I lived a little closer, I’d so be there at Sam’s! Have fun! I’m sure that line will be long!!

• Reply Shelby Elyse Taylor November 10, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Shay!
    Will you give us a closet tour?! I am always in awe of how neat + organized your closet looks! 💕
    Love,
    Shelby

• Reply Stacey November 10, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Praying for Ashby! ❤️

• Reply Whitney Pegram November 10, 2017 at 10:25 pm

SO many great things you shared!! Praying for sweet Ashby & you!!

• Reply Laura November 11, 2017 at 6:04 am

I just added four of the pop sockets you recomended to my Amazon cart for stocking gifts this year for my husband and teenage daughters! Also, I will be praying for Ashby’s recovery and for your mama heart! Will this be her last procedure before Christmas?

• Reply Rhonda Stanton November 11, 2017 at 6:49 am

Shay, I left you a PM a few days ago. Will you please check your private messages on Facebook ?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 12, 2017 at 5:47 am

I check my Mix and Match Mama PM every single day, but I do not check my private FB private messages if I’m not a friend with the person. Can you email me? Or PM my MMM FB page?

• Reply haley s @cupcakes and sunshine.com November 11, 2017 at 8:11 am

I love this so much! All of your cookbooks are on my wishlist this Christmas. Prayers for sweet Ashby!

• Reply bri November 11, 2017 at 11:30 am

Ashby is so tough… hope she is doing well!

You should come back to D.C… I want a hug & a signature too! 😊

• Reply Erin Port November 11, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Praying for your sweet girl and I love those Christmas PJS and slightly jealous you are decked out for Christmas. We are hosting a Friends-giving tomorrow and then all bets are off 😉 xoxo ERIN