Halloween 2017

I have some Halloween pics for you today!!

Halloween 2017 went down with a bang!  Family, friends, food, fun…what more could four kids and two parents ask for?!

Here is a little peek at our fun Halloween…

Kensington was Little Red Riding Hood and Frenchie was the big bad wolf.  K made her a little collar that said “wolf” on it plus put her in a skirt, so you know…totally a wolf 🙂 .

My grandmother sent the four kids cards and these two wanted them photographed.  They were so excited about the day!!

A Sanderson sister and Captain America.

Frenchie Macaroon hung out with the jack-o-lanterns until our family arrived.

Halloween 2017!  Sarah Sanderson, Captain America, Queen Elsa, Moana, a wolf, Little Red Riding Hood and a Storm Trooper.  We were ready to go!

I asked Catherine which pic I should post of their family today and she said this one.  Ha!  I mean…sometimes, your one year old just does not want to wear a wig.  Sweet Samuel was much happier in his panda costume (below).  Love these three so much!!

My parents, Sean, Catherine and Samuel came over for dinner, and then we all headed…

…to Erika’s house!  We typically trick or treat at Andrea’s, but her kiddos had other things going on this year, so we met up at the Slaughters.

The three Sanderson sisters were just as excited as the kids to wear our costumes!

Bat Girl and her family were there too!  We had so much fun!!

Off we went!

I mean…you only have small kids once who appreciate this stuff, right?!

I love spending Halloween with friends!

Little Moana had to put a jacket on because it was chilly.

These two had a great gig!!

All the happy feels!

Samuel enjoyed watching the big kids run around while he ate candy in his stroller.

This Sanderson sister with her sister.

Meagan was MADE for this role.

Her big sister did her makeup for the night 🙂 .

Our sweet Bowen and Ashby are getting so BIG!

Whew!  And then we were home.  And this is how we all felt.

Except for this one.  She enjoyed her lazy night with a bone instead of trick or treating.  Next year, Kensington said this dog is going to be Poppy the Troll.  Get it?  #ofcourseyoudo

Happy Halloween from our family to yours!!

xo

• Reply Leslie Z. November 2, 2017 at 4:44 am

Everyone looks amazing! So now that Halloween is over, how soon is too soon for Christmas decorations…asking for a friend 😉

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 4:57 am

I say you can anytime now!! I’m doing it next week 🙂 .

• Reply Sarah November 2, 2017 at 5:02 am

LOVE your costume!!!!! You totally nailed it! All three of you did hahaha!!!
    This was our best Halloween yet!! Our girls are 5, 4 and 1 and it was the first year it seemed the older two really appreciated it and we’re so excited!! So fun celebrating with kids!!
    -Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

• Reply Tina November 2, 2017 at 5:03 am

the pictures of your children in their costumes are adorable!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 2, 2017 at 5:08 am

What a great Halloween you guys had. I love your costumes! 🙂

• Reply jamie November 2, 2017 at 5:21 am

you reminded me that i need to send my granddaughter a card for every holiday! they just moved so halloween was the first holiday that she did not live with me! i’ll start with thanksgiving! do your grandparents put money {or something} in each card? do the kids keep the cards forever? in a drawer? a box? i remember reading about your grandparents sending cards and i just loved that idea! i am so excited!

• Reply Beth November 2, 2017 at 5:23 am

How do you keep your house so clean with two dogs? I’m not a dog person, but my husband keeps trying to convince me to get a dog. I’m wondering what your best tips are for a clean house with inside dogs.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 5:46 am

They’re not big, they don’t shed, they’re not allowed on the furniture (sometimes, I see Poppy sneak up there, but 99% of the time, she doesn’t), we keep them clean and groomed. 🙂

• Reply Denise November 2, 2017 at 5:30 am

I truly believe that the Moana Movie & without a doubt costume came up just for Madeley to wear! All the kids are adorable but her costume suited her to a T!!!! Her & Britt had it all figured out no walking & then you can have all the suckers you want!!! Amazing how things can change in a year!! Two lucky families to get 3 precious girls to be their Forever!!!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner November 2, 2017 at 5:35 am

What a fun night!! Love your costume! What did Sean, Catherine and Samuel go as?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 5:45 am

The Big Lowe-bowski!

• Reply Megan November 2, 2017 at 5:42 am

I love that the adults dressed up too. You girls NAILED your looks!

• Reply Rachel November 2, 2017 at 6:08 am

I’ve never seen Hocus Pocus, but you and your friends look great! And, I’ve never noticed how much your brother looks like Bradley Cooper!

• Reply Bethany November 2, 2017 at 6:10 am

Hocus Pocus is the best! Frenchie as the big bad wolf is too funny!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims November 2, 2017 at 6:11 am

Great pictures! Looks like y’all had a fabulous night!!!

• Reply Meagan Ruse November 2, 2017 at 6:13 am

What a fun night we had!!!

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 2, 2017 at 6:15 am

Oh, Friend! SUCH A FUN NIGHT! The costumes, the weather, the great company….I couldn’t have asked for a better Halloween!

• Reply Christina November 2, 2017 at 6:34 am

Does your neighborhood leave candy on the porch for trick or treaters since you’re all trick or treating?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 7:48 am

So many people do, yes!!

• Reply sydnee November 2, 2017 at 6:37 am

I love that the adults get dressed up too, ha! What great costumes!

Design by Sydnee | A Lifestyle Blog 💗

• Reply Holly November 2, 2017 at 6:37 am

What was Sean, Catherine and Samuel dressed up as before the Panda costume came on?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 7:47 am

The Big Lowe-bowski 🙂

• Reply Narci Dreffs November 2, 2017 at 6:38 am

What a FUN night!! Halloween is always the best with our sweet friends!! The Sanderson sisters were ON POINT for sure!! Best surprise ever!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 2, 2017 at 6:54 am

Such a fun night! Love your Sanderson sister costume!!

• Reply Angie Sharp November 2, 2017 at 6:57 am

Looks like night full of fun! Love your blog!
    What kind of bones do you get for Poppy? We need something safe for our grandpup to chew on.

• Reply Paula November 2, 2017 at 7:10 am

You all look amazing. Sanderson Sisters…on point!

• Reply Laura November 2, 2017 at 7:51 am

Great pictures and costumes! A Halloween to remember!

• Reply Laci Murray November 2, 2017 at 7:56 am

Halloween is just so much fun with kids!! Y’all nailed the costumes. Happy November!!

• Reply Kassi Eads November 2, 2017 at 8:00 am

Everybody’s costumes were great, but I have to say that Madeley was made to be Moana! That sweet little toddler belly is the icing on the cake! So glad the weather turned out for everyone to have a great time.

• Reply Erin November 2, 2017 at 8:30 am

Looks like a really fun night! You all look great!!! Where did you get your kid’s bags for trick or treating?! They are so cute!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 11:11 am

Pottery Barn Kid 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams November 2, 2017 at 8:49 am

Everyone looked awesome!! Seriously Madeley was the cutest Moana!
    xo

• Reply Rebecca Brittain November 2, 2017 at 8:59 am

Great costumes and LOVED the Sanderson sisters costumes. So cool! I’ve wanted to do that but never had anyone to join in it with me! Now on to Thanksgiving & Christmas!
    XO
    – Rebecca @ EveryPieceFits.com

• Reply jaimie November 2, 2017 at 9:01 am

This is absolutely adorable! Kensington and that sweet pup, and Samuel in his wig! haha Such great memories!

• Reply Angelique Dale November 2, 2017 at 9:44 am

The Sanderson sisters costumes were amazingly no! Great job ladies!

• Reply Chuck S. November 2, 2017 at 9:44 am

Looked like so much fun! When did Madely start eating sweets? I knew she’d come around! LOL

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 11:11 am

Ha! No one was passing out sausage, so she had to make due :).

• Reply shawnna November 2, 2017 at 9:48 am

hey girl- love the post! cool pics!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick November 2, 2017 at 10:06 am

Girl!! Those costumes were on point!! Nailed it, friends!! That Inspired Chick

• Reply Bernadine November 2, 2017 at 11:04 am

What do you do with the outfits after Halloween? So many special memories!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 11:10 am

Pack them up and then the kids get them out to play with them from time to time.

• Reply Pam November 2, 2017 at 11:26 am

Love the pictures. What is the name of your granite in the kitchen?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 2, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Alaska White and Black Pearl 🙂

• Reply Whitney Pegram November 2, 2017 at 11:57 am

What a fun night!!! LOVED y’alls costumes!!!

• Reply Kellylane November 2, 2017 at 12:00 pm

LOVE the Hocus Pocus costumes! You look awesome! Also, how rocking does Catherine look in that red wig! Hot!

• Reply Amanda Breazeale November 2, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Your costumes crack me up!! I love it. Looks like it was a great day!

• Reply Liz Thorson November 2, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Madeley just makes me smile! In every picture, it looks like she has so much personality! I am so happy for Kensington! Frenchie is one lucky pup and looks to be a very sweet and mellow one, too!
    Love seeing Sean, Catherine and Samuel!

• Reply Amanda November 2, 2017 at 1:09 pm

This makes me so excited to have kids and trick or treat with them!

• Reply Carol November 2, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Omg… did you not realize those were eyebrows for your costume?? Im dying!!!

• Reply Kelly November 3, 2017 at 9:42 am

Oh really? I thought they looked so cool the way Shay did it! If I do that costume next year, I’m TOTALLY copying Shays idea! Good call Shay!

• Reply KeLe November 2, 2017 at 2:19 pm

This is so random, but please tell me the wall color in your house. It would look great in my house.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 3, 2017 at 5:26 am

Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige 🙂

• Reply Lizzie @ This Happy Life November 2, 2017 at 2:34 pm

LOVED your costume! I was Sarah in like 4th grade and I remember my Mom running out to a ton of stores to try and put the costume together since there wasn’t one for kids at the time!

• Reply Shannon November 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

It POURED rain in our part of Houston. I felt so bad for the trick-or-treaters!

• Reply aimee havens November 3, 2017 at 12:45 am

I seriously can’t with the Moana costume. I have never even see the movie but she is the cutest little thing I’ve ever seen.

• Reply Kelly November 3, 2017 at 9:39 am

Madely And her tummy were just so cute and perfect! What a fun night! Thanks for sharing all your fun with us. Love y’all

• Reply Sarah November 4, 2017 at 8:21 pm

LOL she messed up the eyebrows

• Reply Mix and Match Mama November 5, 2017 at 5:19 am

I didn’t wear the eyebrows, I left those in the package. That was the eye shadow stickers. Horrible, right?! Ha!

• Reply Marta November 7, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Everybody looks beautiful!!! Shay as usual you are a stunner and respectfully, your husband looks better than the actual actor who plays Captain America.