This is always the recipe I take to people when they need a meal. Simple to assemble, hearty, delicious and great for freezing and reheating. All you do is layer everything together and bake. Done!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 (9 oz) packages of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups of fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (15 oz) jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, plus a little extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your sausage in just a bit of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, remove from heat and spread across your prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle over both packages of your tortellini (uncooked!). After that, sprinkle your broccoli florets down over everything. Next, pour your Alfredo sauce down over everything and then pour your milk down. Take a large wooden spoon and lightly toss everything right inside your baking dish. Sprinkle your cheese down.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake about 20 minutes. Uncover and pop back into the oven to continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes or until everything is nice and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with a little extra cheese on top.