The Instant Pot makes this apple butter a breeze! Chop your apples (no need to peel!), toss them in, cover and just a few short minutes later, you have delicious apple butter for fall!
- 5 pounds of chopped Honey Crisp apples (do not peel)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup water
- Place all of your ingredients inside your Instant Pot.
- Cover and set to manual for 15 minutes.
- When the 15 minutes is over, allow the pot to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and then using an immersion blender, blend everything up right inside the pot.
- Ladle apple butter into jars to be kept in the fridge up to two weeks.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can ladle your apple butter mixture into a regular blender and then blend until you reach the desired consistency. My family likes a little texture in our apple butter, but you may blend until smooth. It took my IP about 10 minutes to build the pressure and then another 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure.