Your house will smell just like fall as this apple butter cooks away in your slow cooker all day!
- 5 pounds of chopped Honey Crisp apples (do not peel)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Place all of your ingredients inside your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low about 10 hours or on high about 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and then using an immersion blender, blend everything up right inside the slow cooker.
- Ladle apple butter into jars to be kept in the fridge up to two weeks.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can ladle your apple butter mixture into a regular blender and then blend until you reach the desired consistency. My family likes a little texture in our apple butter, but you may blend until smooth.