Whether you make homemade apple butter or use one from the jam aisle at your local grocery store, it will be a hit in this easy little bar recipe perfect for fall!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (I used regular, not quick cooking)
- a pinch of salt (I used Kosher salt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter
- about 8 ounces of apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together your flour, oats, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Next, stir in your melted butter.
- Press half of this oatmeal mixture across your prepared baking dish. After that, spread your apple butter over the mixture and then finish by crumbling (I used my hands) the remaining half of the oatmeal mixture on top.
- Pop your bars in the oven and bake about 35 minutes.
- When the bars are done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thanks to the melted butter, the mixture here is very wet, so don’t be alarmed. This is going to make the bars very buttery and moist when they’re done baking. I patted half of my mixture down with a spatula and then just crumbled the remaining half over with my fingers. They’re so delicious!