A Texas girl’s take on a classic recipe. Quick, easy and delicious for those busy weeknights!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1½ cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- one pound of cooked and ready to eat spaghetti noodles
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef until browned and crumbly in a nice drizzle of EVOO.
- Next, add in your chopped onion (reserve some for garnishing at the end). Saute until the onion is tender (about five minutes). Stir in your chopped garlic and saute together about a minute together.
- After that, stir in your tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, stock, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Allow this mixture to come up to a bubble and then reduce the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer uncovered about 15 minutes stirring often. Your chili will thicken up.
- When it’s time to eat, take each plate and add on some of your cooked and ready to eat spaghetti noodles. Top that with a generous helping of your chili followed by your shredded cheddar and reserved onions.
It’s part chili, part spaghetti, part traditional flavors and part unique…it’s all together delicious! You can substitute ground turkey for the beef if you like as well.