We took our favorite breakfast casserole and gave it a g-free update!
- 1 (16 oz) package of breakfast sausage
- about 3 cups of your favorite croutons
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten in a bowl
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish. Set aside.
- Next, Brown your sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through and crumbled.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, soup, mustard and one cup of cheese.
In your prepared pan, layer cooked sausage across bottom, then layer your croutons. Next, pour egg mixture over. Finally, top with remaining one cup of cheese.
Cover and refrigerate over night or bake off immediately. (We almost always let it sit over night.)
When you’re ready to bake, allow it to cook 1 hour uncovered.
- Remove from oven, allow it to sit about five minutes before slicing and serving.
If you have the right ingredients, this recipe is easy to make gluten-free!