The quickest way to get shredded chicken tacos on the table is by using your Instant Pot!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (not frozen)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 2½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 (10 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- chopped green onions to garnish
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- shredded cheddar to garnish
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- In your Instant Pot, add in a drizzle of EVOO (about 2 tablespoons) along with your chicken, salt, pepper, chopped green chiles, chili powder, salsa, drained corn, and diced tomatoes.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set it to the MANUEL setting for 12 minutes.
- When your time is up, allow your Instant Pot to release naturally. Remove the lid and using two forks, shred your chicken right inside your Instant Pot.
- Take each tortilla and build your taco adding your favorite toppings like chopped green onions, cilantro and shredded cheese.
I find that it takes about 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to come up to the correct pressure and then another 10 minutes for the pressure to release. Please make sure you factor this into your cooking time.