Whether cold or hot, you just can’t go wrong with a lobster roll for dinner. Nothing says “welcome to summer” quite like these delicious sandwiches.
- 16 ounces of fresh lobster, cut into bite sized pieces (crab would work too!)
- about 1/4 cup diced celery (two long stalks)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- the zest and juice of one lemon (about a tablespoon of each)
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- a handful of breadcrumbs (we used g-free)
- just a little melted butter for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add in your lobster meat, diced celery, chopped red onion, chopped garlic, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice along with your chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir everything together and then stuff your rolls. After you stuff each roll, place it in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet.
- Once they’re all stuffed (you can get 4 to 6 depending on the size of your rolls and how much you fill each one), sprinkle breadcrumbs down over the tops of each one followed by a little drizzle of butter.
- Pop your rolls in the oven and bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Since you’re baking this lobster roll in the oven, you don’t need to steam it first.