Whether you’re gluten-free or not, this recipe is so easy and always a hit!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of bulk Italian sausage
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can of Annie’s organic tomato soup
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (make sure it’s gluten-free, we like Morton & Bassett)
- about a cup of grated Parmesan cheese (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles (we use these for our gluten-free noodles)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, brown your beef and Italian sausage in a big drizzle of EVOO
- Once browned and crumbly, stir in your chopped onion and garlic along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Saute about five minutes or until the onions are tender. Next, stir in your tomato soup, tomato paste and diced tomatoes along with your Italian seasoning. Reduce the heat to low and allow everything to simmer about 10 minutes. After that, you’re ready to assemble.
- Place a third of your meat mixture down across the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Next, sprinkle over a third of your mozzarella and your Parm followed by a row of lasagna noodles. Repeat once more. After that, spread the remaining third of your meat mixture down over the lasagna noodles followed by the rest of your cheese.
- Pop your lasagna in the oven and bake uncovered about 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges of your noodles brown up a bit and it’s nice and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit about 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve with a bit more Parmesan.
If you’re not a g-free household, simply swap out your noodles for any variety of oven ready ones.