A quick and easy supper for those nights when you’re short on time but want a hearty and delicious meal for your family.
- 1 pound of a short cut pasta (we use a g-free rotini)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 pints of sliced cremini mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus a bit for garnishing)
- chopped sage to garnish
- Bring a pot of water up to a boil. Drop your pasta and cook to al dente (about 6 minutes or so).
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef until crumbly in a big drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, add in your chopped red onion and your mushrooms and allow this to sauté. (Do not add your salt and pepper yet or it will take your mushrooms longer to brown.)
- Once your onions are tender and mushrooms are browned, add in your chopped garlic along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Let your garlic saute just about a minute and then whisk in your stock. Stir in your stock for just a minute to warm it up and then sprinkle in your Parm. Stir everything together.
- Drain your pasta and add the hot pasta to the beef and mushroom mixture. Stir all together and then you’re ready to plate. Sprinkle a big more Parm on each plate along with chopped sage.
We use a gluten-free pasta to make this a g-free meal.