Delicious pumpkin bread, no gluten.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin (we use Libby’s)
- 2 very ripe bananas, lightly mashed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour (we use Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) a standard loaf pan. Set aside.
- In one mixing bowl, beat together with an electric mixer your eggs, pumpkin, bananas, oil and sugar. Do not over beat. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together with a fork your flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Slowly beat your dry ingredients into your wet until just combined (do not over beat).
- Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake about 40 minutes (or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out pretty clean).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before removing, slicing and enjoying.
Gluten-free flours can be tricky because they’re not always “one kind works for every recipe”. I tried this recipe with a variety and always had the best luck using Namaste.