These little egg bites are super versatile and very delicious! This isn’t even a recipe, just more of an idea for your next breakfast.
- 1 dozen eggs
- protein of your choice (like browned sausage, crispy bacon, diced ham)
- about 1 cup or so of shredded cheese (Parm, cheddar, Monty Jack)
- diced veggies (green onions, cilantro, bell pepper, red onion, etc)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray a 12-count muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs. Next, stir in your protein, cheese and veggies along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour your mixture (sometimes, I use a small measuring cup to scoop) into your prepared muffin tins (un-lined). Pour each one about ¾ full.
- Once the tins are filled, pop these egg bites in your oven to bake about 15 to 18 minutes (or until lightly browned on the edges and not wobbly in the middle).
- Remove muffin tin and allow egg bites to cool 5 minutes before removing.
- Either serve immediately or you can freeze them in a freezer bag and then just microwave them when you’re ready to enjoy.
These muffin bites are so versatile and can be frozen and re-heated at a later time. I have not had luck using egg whites instead of whole eggs.