A super simple breakfast casserole your whole family will enjoy!
- 1 loaf of brioche, torn into bite-sized pieces (we use Trader Joe’s g-free brioche)
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbly (we use Owen’s)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- about 8 green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish.
- Add your bite-sized pieces of Brioche to the bottom of your baking dish. Next sprinkle your browned and crumbly sausage down over the bread. Set aside.
- After that, in a large mixing bowl, whisk up your eggs with a fork and then stir in your milk, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, cheese and green onion.
- Pour this mixture down over your bread and either cover it and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake or bake it right then. This will bake about 45 minutes or until the edges are browned and the center is set (not wobbly).
- Allow the casserole to rest about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
We keep this gluten-free by using a g-free brioche. If you can’t find brioche, you can substitute with six large croissants or a loaf of Challah. You can assemble this a day in advance, and then keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it off and enjoy.