A really easy chocolate and mint recipe for your St. Paddy’s Day! This fudge/bark/cookie concoction is actually perfect year around.
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (we use g-free), divided
- 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8×8 square baking dish with foil (allow the edges to hang over). Lightly spray with Pam.
- Line Oreo cookies across the bottom of your pan until covered. Reserve the extra cookies.
- Next, in a glass bowl, add in your butter and chocolate chips. Carefully set this bowl over a little water in a sauce pan and bring to a bubble (you’re creating a double boiler). Stir the chocolate and butter pretty constantly until it’s all melted together. Carefully remove your glass bowl off of the boiling water and discard that water.
- Quickly, stir in your Andes baking chips and then pour this over your cookies. I like to take a knife and spread it around. Moving quickly, add your marshmallows to the top and then crush a handful of Oreos and add that to the top too. Take a spatula and lightly pat everything down into the baking dish.
- Pop your “fudge” in the fridge to set about an hour. After that, remove from fridge and break or cut into pieces and enjoy.
- When not using, store in the fridge.
You could melt your butter and chocolate chips in the microwave (stopping to stir occasionally), but I like the consistency of the chocolate better if I create my own double boiler on the stove. If you’re not a gluten-free house, you can make this with any flavor Oreo cookie you love!