A super quick chicken & rice supper that goes from pantry to table in no time!
- 2 pounds of cooked and shredded chicken (see notes)
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
- 1 (8.8 oz) package of rice, cooked per package directions (we used wild rice)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa (we use mild)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) a 9×12 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients together with a big spoon. Once combined, spoon this mixture across your prepared baking dish.
- Pop your baking dish in the oven and bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
There are many different ways to get your cooked and shredded chicken. You can buy a rotisserie chicken at your grocery store and shred it yourself, you can poach your chicken in the slow cooker all day or poach it on the stove. No matter how you get it, you’ll be happy you have it!