The perfect treat for summertime! Our Root Beer Float Popsicles are an easy and delicious way to whip up dessert while the kids are home from school!
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, pretty thawed
- 1 (12 oz) can of root beer
- ¼ cup dark chocolate sauce (the kind you use for topping sundaes!)
- Popsicle molds should be at room temperature before assembling. Spray down inside each mold with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ice cream, Root Beer and chocolate sauce with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into the molds leaving an inch on top.
- Pop molds into freezer and freeze for one hour. After one hour, place the wooden sticks inside each mold. Continue to freeze at least 7 hours before removing.
- When you’re ready to serve, run your sink until the water is very hot. Holding the mold, place the bottom portion under your hot water for about 20 to 30 seconds. After that, you should be able to grab the sticks and easily remove each popsicle. If they’re not coming out easily, run the bottom of the mold under hot water a few seconds more.
- Remove, serve and enjoy.
You can, of course, mix and match this a million different ways! Try chocolate ice cream or even cinnamon!