A spicy, cheesy and delicious dip for your next gathering! Plus, it’s so easy to make too!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbly (we use Owens)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 (14 oz) cans cream corn
- 2 cups chopped candied jalapenos (sometimes called sweet jalapenos)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 (or so just not too big) baking dish. Set aside.
- Make sure your breakfast sausage is browned and crumbly. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix with an electric mixer your cream cheese and shredded cheeses until they are combined. Next, stir in your cream corn and chopped candied jalapenos. Finally, stir in your cooked and crumbly sausage along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture across your prepared baking dish and pop in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and a bit browned on the edges.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favorite chip or pita (we love Trader Joe’s Corn Dippers!)
Don’t worry about the heat! Add as much or as little chopped candied jalapeno as your family enjoys.