This easy slow cooker soup is perfect for your cold winter nights! Check out the notes below to see how you can easily make this recipe gluten-free too!
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 2 (14 oz) cans of cream style corn
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a pinch of both salt and pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened just a bit
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen corn kernels
- crispy bacon pieces to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- In your slow cooker, place your chicken, cream corn, cream of chicken soup, green chiles, stock, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cream cheese. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat, whisk together the corn starch and water in a small bowl. Remove the lid and shred your chicken up right inside the slow cooker using two forks then stir in your corn starch mix along with the fresh or frozen corn kernels. Place the lid back on the slow cooker and continue cooking another 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with crispy bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese.
This one is easy to make gluten-free! Look for g-free versions of your favorite cream soups (we use Great Value brand!). Also make sure your cornstarch is gluten-free too! We love Bob’s Red Mill at our house.