A twist on the classic, this soup is the simplest thing to make for supper! Add everything to your slow cooker, cover, cook and then just top with your favorite garnishes when it’s dinnertime. So delicious and so filling too!
- 1½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast (not frozen)
- 1 (14 oz) can of cream corn
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 (18 oz) can Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- about 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- Your favorite corn tortillas, sliced into strips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and chopped avocado to garnish
- In your slow cooker, add in your chicken, corn, Rotel, green chiles, stock and mushroom soup. Add in your salt, pepper and chili powder too.
- Cover and cook on high about 3 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove the lid and shred your chicken right inside your slow cooker using two forks. Give it a good stir and then ladle the soup into your bowls.
- Take your corn tortillas that you’ve sliced into strips and stir them into your soup.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
We use Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup because, it’s gluten-free. It’s not a condensed cream soup.