Our classic cheeseburger should be on everyone’s grill tonight!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about 2 tablespoons of your favorite steak seasoning
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Good quality Dijon mustard (we like Trader Joe’s)
- Sweet relish
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning together.
- Divide this mixture into four sections and make four patties (make sure to press down each patty a little in the center to avoid the “burger bulge” when they grill).
- Add your burger patties to the grill and begin grilling (we do about 6 minutes or so each side).
- Right before putting your patties on the grill, start sautéing your onions. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add your finely chopped onions in along with a drizzle of EVOO and a generous pinch of both salt and pepper. Sauté until tender (put foil over the top of your pan to speed up this process), stirring occasionally.
- About a minute before your burger patties are done, add your cheddar cheese and allow it to melt at the very end on the grill.
- Next, it’s time to assemble! Bun plus cheesy patty with a dollop of good quality Dijon, your sautéed onions and some relish!
We use gluten-free buns at our house!