It’s the perfect football watching appetizer! Delicious bell peppers stuffed with creamy pimento cheese and topped with brown sugar bacon!
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- pinch of both salt and pepper
- 1 (4 oz) jar of pimentos, drained
- 8 pieces of bacon (2 per burger)
- about ½ cup brown sugar or so
- 6 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and the ribs and seeds scooped out (for less heat!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and then spray with cooking spray (for easy clean up!). Set aside.
- First, make your pimento cheese. In a mixing bowl, stir together your cream cheese, mayonnaise, grated cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and pimentos. Once combined, cover and stick in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Next, make your bacon. I like to place a cooling rack (the kind you use for cookies) on a baking sheet and then spray it with Pam for my bacon (this is not the same cookie sheet you already prepped and set aside). Take each slice of bacon and sprinkle brown sugar all over. It’s not going to completely stick, but just rub and sprinkle a little on both sides of each piece. Place the bacon on your cookie sheet/cooling rack and repeat.
- Pop your bacon in the oven and bake about 20 minutes. The sugar will melt and coat the bacon and because it’s on the cooling rack, all sides of the bacon will crisp up.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool just a minute before crumbling with your fingers. Set aside.
- Take each jalapeno and spoon your pimento cheese mixture down inside the cavity. Next, take some of your crumbled brown sugar bacon and add to the top before placing it on your prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of your jalapeno halves.
- Pop your jalapenos into your oven and bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool just a couple of minutes before serving.
If you want to make things super simple, you can use store bought pimento cheese dip in lieu of making it yourself.