This fall, I highly suggest you make my delicious CIDER SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE. It has loads of yummy flavors in every single bite. You can make it the day before, you can make it the morning of…you can pull it out of the freezer. No matter how you do it, just do it, your friends and family are going to love it!
- 1 loaf of bread torn into pieces (we use gluten-free)
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbly
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup of apple butter
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Take your torn bread and place it down in your casserole dish. Next, place your browned sausage down over the bread. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, apple cider, apple butter and Gruyere. Pour this egg mixture down over your bread and sausage.
- At this point, you can cover and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking or you can pop it in the oven right away.
- This casserole bakes uncovered about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit about five minutes before cutting into squares and serving. If you’re planning on freezing this casserole, allow it to cool completely before covering and placing it in your freezer. When you’re ready to reheat, you will place it back in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
This recipe is super simple to make gluten-free just by swapping out the bread.