The perfect bite for breakfast! You can even top them with a dollop of jam for something extra delicious.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 very ripe bananas, lightly mashed
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- strawberry jam to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin (use two tins if making more than one dozen). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, vegetable oil and egg with an electric mixer. Beat in mashed banana and then your peanut butter and vanilla. Set bowl aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together with a fork your flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour banana mixture slowly into flour mixture and blend together until just moistened with a spoon (not your mixer). Next, divide batter between the muffin tin and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan to finish cooling.
- You can enjoy them as is or add a dollop of jam to the tops
I always use homemade freezer jam. It’s very easy to make, lasts up to a year in the freezer and always delicious!