Whether you make this in the slow cooker or whip it up on the stove, your whole family will love this hearty soup!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style Beans (do not drain)
- 1 (14 oz) can cream corn
- 1 cup chicken stock
- tortilla chips to garnish
- sour cream to garnish
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- In either your slow cooker if it allows you to brown or in a skillet on the stove, brown up your ground turkey in a drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, add in a big pinch of salt and pepper and transfer to your slow cooker.
- After you place your browned turkey in the slow cooker, add in your diced tomatoes, chopped green chiles, chili powder, Ranch style beans, cream corn and stock. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove the lid and ladle soup into bowls garnishing with your favorite toppings.
If you want to make this a stove top meal, simply brown the turkey in a large Dutch oven and then add in your other ingredients. Allow the soup to come to a bubble and then reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish.