An easy little snack or appetizer that has just the right amount of salty, sweet and spicy!
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8–10 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar or so
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up, set aside.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet leaving a little space in between the crackers for the bacon.
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers. Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.
These are so easy to assemble and bake! I do think they hold up better served immediately after baking. The next day, they’re still delicious but the cracker is a little soggy. For an easy gluten-free swap, just change out your crackers to a buttery g-free variety.